What's new

'Slaves' rescued from China firm

Adux

Reaction score
'Slaves' rescued from China firm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6733045.stm

Many workers had extensive burns from the hot bricks

Thirty-one dirty and disorientated workers have been rescued from a brickwork factory in China, where they were being held as virtual slaves.

Eight workers were so traumatised by their experiences that they were only able to remember their names.

The labourers had to work unpaid for 20 hours at a time, and were only given bread and water in return.

The brickworks, in the poor inland province of Shanxi, is owned by the son of the local Communist Party secretary.

Local police told the BBC that the owner, Wang Binbin, had been arrested, and that his father, Wang Dongji, was under investigation.

Several other people have also been arrested, although the foreman is still on the run.

Harsh regime

According to a report in the Beijing News, citing the Shanxi Evening News, the rescued workers had been duped into working at the factory.

Once there, they faced a harsh regime. One man was even reported to have been beaten to death with a hammer, because he did not work fast enough.

A worker from the brickworks
The workers were only given bread and water
When police raided the brickworks they discovered foul-smelling workers who had been wearing the same clothes for a year.

They had no facilities to wash, and they had not had their hair cut or brushed their teeth.

"The grime on their bodies was so thick it could be scraped off with a knife," the Beijing News said.

They had burns over their bodies after being made to carry bricks that had not cooled down properly.

Police are now arranging for the workers to get the wages they should have been paid, and then they will send them home, although the eight disorientated workers cannot remember where that is.

Local people said the brickworks, near Linfen, would have been closed down a long time ago had it not been for the protection of the party secretary.

China has tens of millions of migrant workers.

They leave their rural homes in search of work, but often have to endure harsh conditions, bad treatment and low pay.

There is little they can do about their lot, particularly when, as in this case, factory owners are protected by powerful local officials.

I feel heartbroken to hear that.There are more than 30,000,000 people live by less $1 a day and many people live in a benighted state of barbarism and innocence in some remote inland areas.So if you want it is easy to find many negative examples in China today.
I don't think a single unrepresentative example can explain anyting.

There is no need to cover up.
I am shamed of few chinese officials and personel owners! They are not persons but beasts.

The footage on Al Jazeera is horrorfic.Al Jazeera also says that more than 35,000 officials have been put on the job for checking such other places all over China. It also says that the childrens parents made several complaints to the authorities but they did not do anything. Its after the local and foreign media started carrying the story the central authorities swung into action.

Regards

I think it's a lot better than India's wide spread blatant slave abuse. Atleast in China the police rescues them and criminals are jailed or even shot.
Compare to India. heh heh heh.

You might find a lot of similarity - these indian slaves work in the brick factory... except one thing, INDIAN POLICE DOES NOTHING.

This is not to mention the fact :
INDIA HAS MORE SLAVES THAN ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!

"Upperclass men regularly kill lower class "bonded labours" (slaves) who owes debt".

Slavery in Modern India
[youtube]SNRNOVS0b3Q[/youtube]

Child slaves of India 1 of 4
[youtube]XsYMpl_gGfY[/youtube]

Child slaves of India 2 of 4
[YOUTUBE]

Child slaves of India 3 of 4
[YOUTUBE]

Child slaves of India 4 of 4
[YOUTUBE]

India's sex slave cult
[youtube]MHnU7dgLk74[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese people all express their angry and inpatient attitude for the case of child 'slaves' through all kinds of medias. Till now,crimals are arrested ,'Slaves' are all rescued.I belive that china will soon be a more harmonious and civilizational society.

crywolf, actually this thread reflects a lot,such as:

1. There're definitely dark side in Chinese society, and ruffians that we hate to the bone. recently almost all Chinese fora are talkin' on this, of course full of tarnation.

2. The factory owner is son of a commie, as well as son of ******, but the condition doesn't tells that commie equals ******.

3. the ruffian's father, party secretary of the village, is a typical tumour of rural CPC officials, which is not in mainstream of the CPC. but there're people want otherwise.

4. To see the police efforts or to see the ruffian's atrocity through the report is,in a great part, up to what the reporter wanna highlight and what a reader is actually fond of.

So, although the thread is mostly telling facts,it doesn't seem to worth any reply. that's why I didn't.

http://today.reuters.com/news/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=ISL179888

I just saw a ticker on Reuters with no details under World Crisis Section

MUSLIM STUDENTS ABDUCT 9, INCLUDING 6 FOREIGN WOMEN, FOR "IMMORAL ACTIVITIES" IN PAKISTAN CAPITAL - ISLAMISTS' STATEMENT

Another report without confirmation says its Chinese Citizens and they are being held in a place called Lal Masjid.

Is this report true ?

Can't see why Islamist would act tough with Chinese citizens given the good relations with Pakistan.

Regards

http://today.reuters.com/news/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=ISL179888

I just saw a ticker on Reuters with no details under World Crisis Section

MUSLIM STUDENTS ABDUCT 9, INCLUDING 6 FOREIGN WOMEN, FOR "IMMORAL ACTIVITIES" IN PAKISTAN CAPITAL - ISLAMISTS' STATEMENT

Another report without confirmation says its Chinese Citizens and they are being held in a place called Lal Masjid.

Is this report true ?

Can't see why Islamist would act tough with Chinese citizens given the good relations with Pakistan.

Regards

not relevant to the thread. pls open an another thread if u want.

Back
Top Bottom