What's new

Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong:Chinese singaporean made huge compromises such as accepting English as the official language of the state

Indians are really hated in Malaysia by Malay. Even Indian Muslims such as PM Mahathir hate Indians.

Now Indian treated like King in Singapore forever open their shtty mouth and shout racist Chinese.

Really I have zero sympathy for Indians.

Malays and Indians hate one another.

Then through the manipulation of media and education by government, Singapore Malays and Indians now hate Chinese -- the most kind and tolerant race in this planet.

Singapore minorities are really lousy people.

So US is loved by everyone besides in North Korea? I guess you are a Muslim, how many Muslims really love US? is Muslim world North Korea?

d-1.png

us-soldiers-afghanistan-kill-team.jpg

View attachment 942716
View attachment 942715
n00272783-b.jpg

u-s-troops-terrorize-an-iraqi-woman-while-searching-her-husband-and-son-near-baquba-on-october-5-2007-photo-alexander-nemen.jpg

it doesn’t matter apparently, people still look at america positively

look at vietnam

1690742315089.jpeg

this is what happens when u got terror feudal xi running ur foreign policy

Very unfortunate and disgusting incident.
That man in the video is know as BANANA. yellow on the outside, white on the inside, people who don't know their roots. Small number of people usually with Peranakan ancestry. I sure wished I was there to help that poor lady and give that uneducated boorish man a dressing down.

I insist to speak Chinese only at the hospitals, banks, market and nearly everywhere in Singapore, and one can get by just speaking Chinese.
In abnormal circumstance they will assign someone speaking Chinese to attend if the person attending to you cannot speak Chinese.
So that man was lucky he did not encounter me.

I try my best as much as possible to avoid using the language of the Colonial Imperialists, that they use their control of the world media to brainwash us with their propaganda.
I see many people cannot shake off their Colonial Stockholm Syndrome.

We have a word for our own. It's called coconuts. Brown on the outside, white on the inside. But I am guessing you would excuse non-Chinese folk from speaking Mandarin or Cantonese such as Malay & Indians folks.

English serves as a neutral language in Singapore or Singalish. I told a friend from Hong kong about this video and she agreed with the man.

She also insists with her employers to speak in English if the official language of the country is English. Maybe. But that guy should have expressed himself differently I think.

Whatever model Singapore adopted has worked great for them. I have not been to Singapore in 5+ years. I made multiple business trips usually for a few weeks at a time. I was told that they achieved close to 1st world status of living within 15 years by 1980. I think Singapore got its independence in 1965.

The Chinese are the dominant group. I am sure there is some subtle Chinese racism or favoritism. I never saw it personally. But they treat Malays and Indian minorities decently. I do not know any of the languages of Singapore - Tamil, Malay or Chinese. I spoke in English to everyone. I never had an issue. Even an old Chinese man who did not know English went out the way to find someone who can interpret English and help me. I got the impression all the Singaporean Chinese knew Chinese.

At a certain level people were superficial and materialistic. Lot of folks had weekend shopping trips to Hong Kong. Most of people's interactions are within ethnic groups. There are some marriages between non-Chinese (Malay, Indian) men and Chinese women. Usually the non-Chinese men tended to be rich or well educated or powerful in those marriages.

By all means Singapore was a good example of a society that worked at some level. Was it perfect ? Probably not. I do not know why people are ideological.

@sinait

That really says something about the Chinese Government when Singapore is around 75% ethnically Chinese yet 60% would side with the US rather than China.

@Mista can you add some thoughts.

Maybe some longterm goodwill due to us kicking out the Japanese.

Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong:Chinese singaporeans made huge compromises such as accepting English as the official language of the state, which puts lots of Singaporeans who can only speak Chinese in a big disadvantage.

It is not too late.

Chinese Singaporeans should learn from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan to erase their slavery and colonial past and make Mandarin as the official language.

Singapore has a very distinctive style of English with its unique grammar, known as Singlish. I had difficulties understanding them at first when I had Singapore classmates.

That really says something about the Chinese Government when Singapore is around 75% ethnically Chinese yet 60% would side with the US rather than China.

@Mista can you add some thoughts.

Maybe some longterm goodwill due to us kicking out the Japanese.

I would say SG as a whole is pretty neutral. I remember some other survey by Pew which indicates that Singaporeans have a more favorable view of China.

It depends on age. Older Singaporeans tend to have a more favorable view of China, while younger Singaporeans tend to have a more favorable view of the US.

And no, kicking out the Japanese has zero bearing on goodwill lol. No one really cares about WW2 anymore. In fact I would say that Japan is generally seen more of a positive light than China or the US. Many people around me like to visit Japan.

1690767982733.png

I would say SG as a whole is pretty neutral. I remember some other survey by Pew which indicates that Singaporeans have a more favorable view of China.

It depends on age. Older Singaporeans tend to have a more favorable view of China, while younger Singaporeans tend to have a more favorable view of the US.

And no, kicking out the Japanese has zero bearing on goodwill lol. No one really cares about WW2 anymore. In fact I would say that Japan is generally seen more of a positive light than China or the US. Many people around me like to visit Japan.

View attachment 942831

I'm pretty sure the Japanese don't like you.

Subhas Nair arrives at a court in Singapore in November 2021 to be charged over his comments on race and religion. Photo: AFP

Singapore rapper Subhas Nair faces up to 3 years’ prison for anti-Chinese rants​

• The rapper was found guilty of attempting to promote ill will among racial and religious groups for his social media comments and videos
  • A judge presiding over the case rejected Nair’s explanations as being inconsistent, contradictory and unsupported by what he had told the police

Singaporean rapper Subhas Nair, 31, has been found guilty of attempting to promote ill will among racial and religious groups.

Nair, whose full name is Subhas Govin Prabhakar Nair, was convicted of four such charges over incidents that occurred between July 2019 and March 2021.

He had first posted a YouTube video of him and his sister Preeti Nair performing a song, which contained the lyrics “Chinese people always out here f*****g it up”.

For this, he was given a two-year conditional warning by the police, but he reoffended by posting comments on social media.

A still from the YouTube video featuring Subhas Nair and his sister Preeti that was the cause of his initial two-year conditional warning. Photo: YouTube/@Preetipls
A still from the YouTube video featuring Subhas Nair and his sister Preeti that was the cause of his initial two-year conditional warning. Photo: YouTube/@Preetipls

Commenting on a viral video by two Christians who linked the gay pride movement to Satan, Nair wrote: “If two Malay Muslims made a video promoting Islam and saying the kinds of hateful things these Chinese Christians said, ISD [Singapore’s Internal Security Department] would have been at the door before they even hit ‘upload’.”

In another incident, Nair made an Instagram post referring to a media interview of one Chan Jia Xing, who was given a conditional warning for a reduced charge of consorting with a person who had a weapon. Chan was one of seven people originally charged with murdering a man at Orchard Towers.

Nair wrote that “calling out racism and Chinese privilege” equalled a two-year conditional warning and “smear campaign in the media”, while “actually conspiring to murder an Indian man” equalled half the sentence and a question of “you’re having a baby soon right? Boy or girl” from the media.

“Do you actually think a brown person would get asked these type of questions? This place is just not for us,” he wrote.

Nair had contested the four charges and was represented by lawyer Suang Wijaya from Eugene Thuraisingam’s law firm.

During his trial, Nair took the stand and explained his intentions behind each online post.

He said he intended to end “brownface” in Singapore with his video. This refers to the practice of a lighter-skinned person applying make-up to imitate the appearance of a person from an ethnicity with darker skin.

Nair also said the term “f*****g it up” referred to a person making a mistake, and did not mean that Chinese people are “f****d up”.

1690769077678.png

He added that art may offend some people – especially when it is trying to improve society – and may also make some people feel “uncomfortable”.

On his comments on the Chan Jia Xing case, Nair said he was not trying to create enmity between groups. Rather, he was trying to convey a message “about the state of journalism in our country”, about “media bias and how certain people and cases were reported”, he said.
District Judge Shaiffuddin Saruwan on Tuesday rejected Nair’s explanations as to his “actual intention and knowledge” behind his posts.

“I find that they are not consistent with the words used in the posts. In one or two instances, they are also not supported or corroborated by what he stated in his police statement. Some are even plainly in direct contradiction with the words he used in the posts,” said the judge.

He said Nair’s words in his posts should be given their “natural and ordinary meaning”.

He also found Nair’s testimony “not cogent”, and did not find that he was a credible witness.
The judge said it was clear that Nair’s words suggested that some communities are targeted unfairly while others get preferential treatment.

As for the YouTube video, the lyrics were “clearly offensive and insulting” and the video was targeted at the Chinese community in general, a fact that Nair himself admitted.

A woman looks at decorative ornaments on the eve of Lunar New Year in the Chinatown district of Singapore. Nair acknowledged that he knew the Chinese community would find his YouTube video offensive. Photo: AFP

A woman looks at decorative ornaments on the eve of Lunar New Year in the Chinatown district of Singapore. Nair acknowledged that he knew the Chinese community would find his YouTube video offensive. Photo: AFP

Nair also acknowledged that he knew the Chinese community would find it offensive.

The judge said the “irresistible inference to be drawn” was that Nair knowingly attempted to promote feelings of ill will among racial and religious groups.

He convicted the rapper of all four charges.

Nair was accompanied by a handful of supporters in court on Tuesday, including his sister.

His lawyer successfully applied for him to leave the country for Bali in August, to attend a friend’s wedding and for leisure.

The judge granted the application after imposing some bail conditions, and directing that Nair provide his full travel itinerary to the investigating officer as well as surrender his passport within 48 hours of his return.

Sentencing arguments will be heard at a later date.

The penalties for attempting to promote feelings of ill will between racial or religious groups are a jail term of up to three years, a fine or both.

This article was first published by CNA

Singapore highest public servant Indian Bilahari Kausikan in foreign affair ministry instigate ASEAN to go confronational against China using LIES.

Bilahari is a frequent basher of China spreading lies and toxic.

I dont understand why Moron such as Indian Bilahari can be promoted to this level other than racism against Chinese.

And Singapore is not a Mekong littoral.

As an engineer who study numbers, some crunching indicates China activities especially water policies in Mekong is totally benovalent and welcome by neighbours. I have written on it in the past in PDF.

1690769272128.png

1690769417982.png

1690769629901.png

Whatever model Singapore adopted has worked great for them. I have not been to Singapore in 5+ years. I made multiple business trips usually for a few weeks at a time. I was told that they achieved close to 1st world status of living within 15 years by 1980. I think Singapore got its independence in 1965.

The Chinese are the dominant group. I am sure there is some subtle Chinese racism or favoritism. I never saw it personally. But they treat Malays and Indian minorities decently. I do not know any of the languages of Singapore - Tamil, Malay or Chinese. I spoke in English to everyone. I never had an issue. Even an old Chinese man who did not know English went out the way to find someone who can interpret English and help me. I got the impression all the Singaporean Chinese knew Chinese.

At a certain level people were superficial and materialistic. Lot of folks had weekend shopping trips to Hong Kong. Most of people's interactions are within ethnic groups. There are some marriages between non-Chinese (Malay, Indian) men and Chinese women. Usually the non-Chinese men tended to be rich or well educated or powerful in those marriages.

By all means Singapore was a good example of a society that worked at some level. Was it perfect ? Probably not. I do not know why people are ideological.

@sinait
Singapore is a young nation, too early to tell if our system is resilient enough to continue its success.
Racial harmony is a requisite, else we go the Sri Lankan way.

Not surprising you do not see racism in Singapore, we consciously avoid it like the plague, but of course not 100%.
Minorities in Singapore, and similarly China, that don't have this economic competitive culture, are given many freebies and benefits over the main population, so they don't lag behind and create much dissatisfaction.

So favoritism is more for our minorities, mainly the Malays.
3 of our 8 Presidents are Indians serving a total of 20+ years in 58 years of Independence, with the current President being half Indian, although Indians are only 7.5% of our population.

The minorities do suffer some inconvenience such as less areas serving their specific foods and TV programs(negated by Internet TV).

Sacrifices are mainly made by the majority Chinese to create a harmonious society to enjoy peace and prosperity, as per what is said by our PM.

Some of us may criticize China or be brainwashed by incessant China Hate propaganda, but most of us have kilt and kin in China.
It must be really DUMB when China Haters fail to understand when ethnic Chinese feel proud too for the achievements of the land of their ancestors.

Haha, in Singapore, minority netting a Chinese wife is a mark of accomplishment.

View attachment 942831
Travel poll taken before China eased visa requirements for Singapore would likely be misleading. Yes, us older folks will never forget the atrocities committed by the Japanese on ethnic Chinese and will forever keep in mind this ruthless and murderous streak in Japanese DNA while we visit Japan and make friends with them for mutual benefit.

China to resume 15-day visa-free entry for Singaporeans from July 26

"
The widespread use of the Singaporean Chinese language has made it to the top as a lingua franca in Singapore over time. "

S'pore is second most influenced by China in the world, according to Taiwan report

Back
Top Bottom