What's new

Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong:Chinese singaporean made huge compromises such as accepting English as the official language of the state

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong:Chinese singaporeans made huge compromises such as accepting English as the official language of the state, which puts lots of Singaporeans who can only speak Chinese in a big disadvantage.

Last edited:
whats wrong with knowing english

singapore probably the best run place on earth right now considering their position

In fact some Chinese Singaporeans are too comfortable with English it seems:

Last edited:
Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong passionate speech about their Singaporeans Chinese anestors

Last edited:
In fact some Chinese Singaporeans are too comfortable with it seems:

It's natural, there are still 14% of Singaporeans are not of Chinese origin, they feel threatened and always try to remind everyone they are Singaporeans too.
Besides, even in Beijing some idiots sometimes tell non Beijingers to get out of Beijing, but those idiots don't represent Beijing.

It's natural, there are still 14% of Singaporeans are not of Chinese origin, they feel threatened and always try to remind everyone they are Singaporeans too.
Besides, even in Beijing some idiots sometimes tell non Beijingers to get out of Beijing, but those idiots don't represent Beijing.

I think that man was Chinese Singaporean. I once told a woman from Hong Kong about it and she agreed with it. That if you live in an English speaking environment, you need to know English.

I think that man should have just told her more politely and told her to get someone who speaks English. Maybe she should have been given a job in another position to please the customers.

i’m glad most people dont know china-pakistan relationship

id rather be identified as terrorist than chinese or friend of terror feudal xi china

it seems they refuse to identify with chinese
Selected individuals of certian group, I have many friends living in Singapore, speaking Chinese has no problem living in Singapore.

Singaporean ministers talk about the government policies

Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong:My parents took very importance of my Chinese language learnig, I was sent to a Chinese kingdergarten when I was only 3 years old , they wanted me to grow up in a Chinese language speaking environment.

Back
Top Bottom