What's new

Sikhs ruling India, Jatt Sikh to be next Indian Army Chief

Take last 3 Pak COAS, Jehangir Karamat, Musharraf and Kayani, they had no allegation of a personal nature as him.

I was a little surprised to see your assessment above.

From an outsider's point of view, it seems that General Karamat was a very fine officer and a man of integrity, though a mite touchy, but also, he seems to have been third in a succession of very good Pakistani chiefs. Was there any question about Asif Nawaz or General Kakkar? It does seem that they all three calmed and stabilized things, after the melodrama that preceded them. Is that not true?

Well you are being very nice. But Brits knew what is best for ARMY. Shiks aka martial races aka Punjabis are superior than any race in India. Shiks gives extra edge to Indian military.

You don't have any idea about how things go in a colony... Sikhs and Jats along with Gurkha were very loyal to British and were disciplined and dedicated to their work in the Army... while other races revolted they fought against them along side the English.. thats why British had trust in them and inducted them in good number the main reason behind so many regiments from Sikh, Jats and Gurkhas in Indian Army.

Now that does not override the fact that they are also more suited physically and mentally towards their job as compared to a Bengali... you can recall what Pakistani Punjabis did to Bengalis in Bangladesh... recently a report surfaced that the recruitment from a certain area of WB... adjoining Murshidabad(near Bangladesh border) and surrounding had to be cancelled since 50% of recruits has faulty finger joints... now do you expect the Army to induct such boys whose hand would start paining when LMG starts getting hotter.. certainly no... but it could be a different story If India was limited to that specific area only and din't have any choice but to recruit those boys.

and some people still keep yapping that we are not secular :rolleyes:

You don't have any idea about how things go in a colony... Sikhs and Jats along with Gurkha were very loyal to British and were disciplined and dedicated to their work in the Army... while other races revolted they fought against them along side the English.. thats why British had trust in them and inducted them in good number the main reason behind so many regiments from Sikh, Jats and Gurkhas in Indian Army.

Now that does not override the fact that they are also more suited physically and mentally towards their job as compared to a Bengali... you can recall what Pakistani Punjabis did to Bengalis in Bangladesh... recently a report surfaced that the recruitment from a certain area of WB... adjoining Murshidabad(near Bangladesh border) and surrounding had to be cancelled since 50% of recruits has faulty finger joints... now do you expect the Army to induct such boys whose hand would start paining when LMG starts getting hotter.. certainly no... but it could be a different story If India was limited to that specific area only and din't have any choice but to recruit those boys.

HOI!!!

There have been as many Bengali chiefs as there will be Sikhs. What does that prove? All this putting people in categories is total nonsense!

A good guy has the job. Full stop.

HOI!!!

There have been as many Bengali chiefs as Sikhs. What does that prove? All this putting people in categories is total nonsense!

That was just one particular incident.. I can post the link to the news source.

I was a little surprised to see your assessment above.

From an outsider's point of view, it seems that General Karamat was a very fine officer and a man of integrity, though a mite touchy, but also, he seems to have been third in a succession of very good Pakistani chiefs. Was there any question about Asif Nawaz or General Kakkar? It does seem that they all three calmed and stabilized things, after the melodrama that preceded them. Is that not true?

I just went with the last three, main point I was making was that it is unprecedented to choose someone where such a doubt exists. If the COAS does something after the appointment thats totally another thing, that can be chalked up to "Man proposes, God disposes". Rape and J&K fake encounters are hot issues within the IA (fake encounters in J&K and rape cases in UN peacekeeping missions).

I just went with the last three, main point I was making was that it is unprecedented to choose someone where such a doubt exists. If the COAS does something after the appointment thats totally another thing, that can be chalked up to "Man proposes, God disposes". Rape and J&K fake encounters are hot issues within the IA (fake encounters in J&K and rape cases in UN peacekeeping missions).

He personally wasn't accused of Rape. You make it sound like there was rape allegations against him.

Truth to tell, these two allegations were so utterly absurd that everyone caught on straight away. Nevertheless, the Kashmir and the UN matters were both examined very carefully. Trust me on this, the man came out clean as a whistle on both.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hot issues' within the IA. The IA pretty much knows who's bullshitting and who's straight; it's difficult to keep these concealed from one's peers. More than 95% of the allegations out of Kashmir are fudged; the remainder mostly are lapses by the para-militaries who are trained and officered to different standards. Clearly, neither of us is going to convince the other. But take it from me that most of us who keep track are happy that Bikram Singh is coming in.

My tuppence.

He personally wasn't accused of Rape. You make it sound like there was rape allegations against him.

In any case, he was not in the chain of command there.

Pointless and dubious title. This man is a serving officer in the IA- a truly secular institution this reflects the thoroughly secular and pluralist nature of India. The fact you bring his appointment down to religion actually cheapens these values and insults the Indian army as a whole and its core values. Every COAS in independent India's history has been appointed purely on seniority at the time of retirement of previous COAS- regardless of caste or religion.

Educate yourself:

the Army genuinely believes in two central ‘truths’
– oneness of God and victory in operations. Both are so sacred we cannot
nitpick and question the basics.

Secularism in the Army - kashmir diary

btw I myself am a Sikh so I'm not "anti-Sikh" or anything.

Why don't you keep it shut? If you are an infantry officer (such as he- the first infantry COAS for some time) and you serve in some of the most awful conditions battling the SCUM of the earth you are bound to have a bit of mud stick to you. The same people who shoot at you one day are beyond making such unfounded accusations the another day? An regarding the UN accusations, he had no direct connection with the alleged crimes it is just he was deputy commander of 3 brigades of UN troops of which the people accused to be involved in these crimes belonged to. BTW 3 brigades equals ~15,000 troops.

Take last 3 Pak COAS, Jehangir Karamat, Musharraf and Kayani, they had no allegation of a personal nature as him. It is in fact unprecedented in most cases of any country. Simply seniority has been preferred in a continuation of tiffs with VK Singh.

The infraction is for the bolded part.

It says so on the link, the petition was not entertained. Petition is not case.

And you get an infraction for the bolded part as well.

Pata nahi kahan se ajatay hain moonh chuk ke.

Well how can u say they didnt have any allegations?
Musharaff cant return to his country now...
And the army is so powerfull in ur country, that no one questions about them..
Nawaz sharif questioned musharaf, and he sent away in exile...

It is a fruit which only secular nations can get .. People from all way of life,from all religion are dedicating themselves for nation building process .. India is one lucky country

With due respect to the position, I hope he's as strong as the current Army chief in exposing corruption and serving the country even better with timely modernizations.

Initially I had my inhibitions that he might be a "yes" man for Congress but now it seems that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Three cheers for our new general-to-be and hope to see the new trend of chiefs giving voice to a soldier's grievances.

A strong military tri-service top brass is the key to avoid soldiers being treated like trash by politicians.

No offense but we also have so many fake punjabi wannabe sul*a jokes. It's derogatory term only Punjabis would understand.
I have so many sardar jokes it would blow your mind. In fact I should make a thread on it, but you guys will probably get it closed down.

Back
Top Bottom