What's new

Should the US continue support to Israel?

Should the US continue support to Israel?

• Total voters
The only justification I can think of is the cost of the military aid, but that's part of a package with Egypt (and to some extent, Jordan), so it would be difficult to imagine cutting off Israel without cutting off the other two. Cutting off all three would essentially lock the US out of that region--for what benefit?

It should be noted that Jordan is a very important (strategic) piece in the Middle Eastern equation in that it is exemplary in terms of its foreign policy relations. Aside from its past war with Israel, it has largely remained very cooperative with Israel and the United States. If we were to analyze the situation on the ground now, we see that Jordan remains stable, whilst her neighbors -- Syria and Iraq -- are in particular quagmire. Continued American political and economic support for Jordan will enshrine Jordan remains moderate , prevent the fall of the Hashemite Kingdom into sectarian extremism and violence.

As for Egypt, I cannot overly emphasize the importance she has to US strategic interests , namely, her collaborative efforts with Israel in maintaining equilibrium. The election of Sisi is an example of Egypt's importance.

Regards,

Last edited:
No, it has nothing to do with 'both sides'. Israeli's view occuipped territories as divine Jewish land and their official government policy is no different. Third party negotiation can't change that. US leverage can.

That is their claim, just like there is your claim. The solution lies in the middle.

Who was a president /king /queen of Palestine when Israel captured these territories in 1967? :lol:

As for 2 state solution, Palestinians were offered a state 6 times at least (2 times by Brits, 1 time by UN and 3 times by Israel). And each time they rejected.

The Palestinians need to accept Israel's existence before they can make progress towards getting their own state, yes.

You are the TTA, you can figure it out. :D

Being a TTA does not imply any special knowledge. I can access public domain information, just like anyone else.

I was asking for your opinion, given your position as a former VCheng?

Why is it in America's best interests to support Israel?

Why is it in America's best interests to support Israel?

The question has already been discussed and answered in several good posts above. May I suggest perusing them first so that we can discuss further if needed?

The poll results would be similar to US public opinion had 13 Indians from India who claim to support Russia voted in favor of US continuation of support to Israel.

Yes. And my comment still remains correct.

Your comment has zero relevance to my posts. Your comment was a deflection. You're still refusing to admit the reality that Israeli's and the Israeli government views occuipped Palestinian territories as divine Jewish land in theory and in practice. And that is why we can't have peace.

The question has already been discussed and answered in several good posts above. May I suggest perusing them first so that we can discuss further if needed?

I have read the thread, including the excellent insight from @LeveragedBuyout.

I was more interested in a summary of your opinion on the matter, but apparently I'm not going to get it, having asked for it directly multiple times and getting evasive non-answers back each time.

So never mind, it was just curiosity anyway.

Your comment has zero relevance to my posts. Your comment was a deflection. You're still refusing to admit the reality that Israeli's and the Israeli government views occuipped Palestinian territories as divine Jewish land in theory and in practice. And that is why we can't have peace.

The Palestinian stance is just as untenable as the Israeli stance that you deplore above.

I have read the thread, including the excellent insight from @LeveragedBuyout.

I was more interested in a summary of your opinion on the matter, but apparently I'm not going to get it, having asked for it directly multiple times and getting evasive non-answers back each time.

So never mind, it was just curiosity anyway.

Okay, let's start with you describing your views on the matter first. What do you think USA should be doing here?

No, it has nothing to do with 'both sides'. Israeli's view occuipped territories as divine Jewish land and their official government policy is no different. Third party negotiation can't change that. US leverage can.
You mean like Muslims view the Temple Mount as divine Muslim territory...

Back
Top Bottom