What's new

Should Pak-Afghan border be fenced?

They can go f**k themselves. Or they can agree to take the 6 million Afghanis.

:lol: Yeah either that or take the dumbo AFG's (FAG's) and shut the hell up with the border fenced. These people keep yapping and cannot do anything by themselves. They need hundreds of thousands of foreigners to protect their a** from the Taliban.

Oh dear people.......

Landmines without covering fire or surveillance are an utter waste of time......

Yeh mining is realy difficult thing to do and also to maintain it wihout harming anyone than we can go for fencing and stict rules on bordere we can make it , it iwll ease burden to great extent.

Oh dear people.......

Landmines without covering fire or surveillance are an utter waste of time......

I am sure we will have both. Secondly the terrain is pretty rugged, they are only so many passes that a people can cross. We could just mine those. We might not stop the hard heads, but we will stop the flow. I have seen some of the passes and its a FLOOD of people who go through.

I am sure we will have both. Secondly the terrain is pretty rugged, they are only so many passes that a people can cross. We could just mine those. We might not stop the hard heads, but we will stop the flow. I have seen some of the passes and its a FLOOD of people who go through.

Whats the PA doing?

Nothing, its the FC's duty to man the western border. Its an internal security thing and the PA can only come if requested to.

Well thats the arguement for landmines and fences out of the window then.
If there are only few passes to monitor then the army would have no difficulty keeping an eye on them.

Forums like this usually attract only the young and generally less perceptive individuals.
And fencing the border is usually a solution in their minds to everything. Pakistan's border with Afghanistan is not a very simple issue. This border has ONLY existed on paper and maps, never in reality. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken. Pashtuns live on both sides of this border, and there are literally families on both sides. Inter-marriage is very common. For example: In South Waziristan alone, half the Ahmadzai-Wazir tribe lives on Pakistani side, while the other half lives in what afghans call Paktika province! I personally have friends who are AFGHAN who are Ahmadzai and at the same time Pakistanis who are Ahmadzai!!
So the solution is NOT fencing the border. Thats the shortsighted thing to do. A knee jerk reaction.

Now dont get me wrong, the reason why Karzai(I like to call him Khar-zai) is against the fencing is becuase just like all other Afghans(Be it Pashtun or Farsiwans) they have wet dreams about Pakistani territory being 'greater Afghanistan' or the Afghanistan of Abdali.
But that fear should not force Pakistanis into fencing the border and dividing Pashtuns.
Im not sure why, but Pakistanis have never laid claim to all of Pashtun areas. Im NOT advocating what ISI-Military did in the 90s to squander all the goodwill that Afghans had for Pakistan. Thats NOT the way to go. But Pakistan should make it an open policy that Afghanistan is welcome to join Pakistan as a federating unit as and when they choose. We will never force them, we will never do anything against them. But when Pakistan is developing and sorts out all of its own internal problems with regards to autonomy of all provinces, then they would be more inclined to join us.
The solution to all problems with Afghanistan is in treating them like our true younger brothers. Not interfering in their internal matters and only trying to help them. The Afghans who are already in Pakistan should have been granted Pakistani nationality long long time ago. Thats what all of us Pakistanis expect when we come to US, then why are we hypocritical of that back home?
A big number of our ancestors themselves came from Afghanistan, so why the division now? What we need is not a division but rather an educated and well planned policy of keeping open arms.
Dealing with Taliban is a completely different matter. But to do that, you dont have to fence the border. The solution lies in letting development, education and infrastructure completely develop in those areas. People will automatically leave the Taliban and extremists and work to improve their lives.

We must protect all of our border land sea and air also, any movement in and out must be from authorised border where proper check and control should be place, there should be scanners to check trucks, cars and goods also
We should make nice, easy and feasible border points to promote legal in and out so people dont have to use wrong options any other things and smugglers should be shot on spot for violsting borders
We can effectively use drone to monitor border, there should be some scientifice measure should be taken like radars, sensors, satellite, cameras
Its best option to fence but we cant afford huge cost

mining means thousands of civilian casualties ,I think its not a very good solution even for a last resort
about fence I doubt its feasible as its useless without human supervision after all any 10 year old blind
girl can cut it under one minute .

If only some pass in area is usable you can wall those passes and made some small border posts there
and the problem would be solved .

Back
Top Bottom