What's new

Senior Taliban leader rejects Pakistan's western border

If China does not accept McMohan Line then why should the Afghan’s accept the Durand Line. The latter divides the Pakhtoon people. It is a legacy of the British Raj.

And some people here were like "Why are Taliban bad,they are religious Muslims! It's their country,they decide what to do! They kicked America out of Afghanistan!"

😂 😂 😂

If we had to choose between you aiding India and them looking after their own interests we would choose the latter. Over and over again.

That is the problem with these barbarians. They don’t count death and devastation as a loss. An adversary like that is almost impossible to defeat.

Talibans were also supposed to be puppets. Creating and installing puppets has it’s own issues.

Thank you.

They must be challenging. But here we are. The violence hasn’t stopped because there is no decisive military end possible to an insurgency of this nature. The population in those areas has to come around and that wouldn’t happen by use of military.

Could be. That’s how realpolitik works.

It sounds ok on paper, but imagine implementing something like this at the scale required. Imagine Military resources, money and political will required for such a operation. Just remember, you would need to factor in other nations who would try and sabotage any such effort. Appears beyond current Pakistan’s capability.

More one looks at pure military solution, more it appears untenable.

No worries, it’s alright , tbf Pakistan has a long long way to go itself. No need to unnecessarily argue with them. It’s pointless.

If China does not accept McMohan Line then why should the Afghan’s accept the Durand Line. The latter divides the Pakhtoon people. It is a legacy of the British Raj.

Brotherly fight. You can’t comment on it.

KPK is multi-ethnic as is Afghanistan. It's no different than calling Southern Afghanistan "little Pakistan" just because it has a Baloch majority.
If this isn't handled properly I can foresee some brutal genocides in this region, even if we entertain the idea of regions separating they will butcher minorities.

Just see how many live in Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan, KPK. The majorities will butcher the minorities.

If this isn't handled properly I can foresee some brutal genocides in this region, even if we entertain the idea of regions separating they will butcher minorities.

Just see how many live in Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan, KPK. The majorities will butcher the minorities.
If Afghan Taliban wants to be accepted by the world, they have to follow what United Nations say.

India divides the Bengali people of West Bengal & Bangladesh. Abolish the border and let it be all Bangladesh. That makes more sense.

Afghanistan is multi-ethnic like Pakistan.

Could be. That’s how realpolitik works.
Not a politics but a afghan mentality on a grass root level.
They must be challenging. But here we are. The violence hasn’t stopped because there is no decisive military end possible to an insurgency of this nature. The population in those areas has to come around and that wouldn’t happen by use of military.
Oh come on it's far better than it once was.For years there was no violence by TTP. Even now it's occasionally inside Pakistan ,its mostly a border area firing. TTP has been weakened a lot after these operations. Their command centres and foot soldiers were almost reduced to nill , these days they are just confined inside Afghanistan and in much smaller numbers.
So military solution is definitely a yes when it comes to deal with these savage animals. Or else bowing down to their demands and showing weakness is definitely not we did nor we will do in future.

It has always been a matter of curiosity for me as why would there be a Durand line in middle of the province of Afghania.
Mortimer Durand was a British officer of the Empire.

Most of today's problems are a direct effect of British policies. A plague on that nation of children of unwed parents.

It has always been a matter of curiosity for me as why would there be a Durand line in middle of the province of Afghania.

We don't want to integrate Afghanistan if that's what you mean. It's better to divide it.

Exactly. We can look at it from other perspective as well.
There's always another perspective.
Mortimer Durand was a British officer of the Empire.

Most of today's problems are a direct effect of British policies. A plague on that nation of children of unwed parents.
One cannot deny that much of modern conflicts in the world have roots in colonialism and its aftermath.
We don't want to integrate Afghanistan if that's what you mean. It's better to divide it.
The Af-Pak region would not be divided furthermore. It's on a projected path to a federation level integration for many decades now.

Pakistan may or may not have the capacity to integrate Afghanistan but it absolutely does not have either to divide and rule it.

There's always another perspective.

One cannot deny that much of modern conflicts in the world have roots in colonialism and its aftermath.

The Af-Pak region would not be divided furthermore. It's on a projected path to a federation level integration for many decades now.

Pakistan may or may not have the capacity to integrate Afghanistan but it absolutely does not have either to divide and rule it.

Salam / I wish more Pakistanis think big like you brother

In my humble opinion the idea might sound crazy but possible. As a Muslim first I would love this to happen but as an Islamic Gov with Islamic- principles. Millions of Pashtun this idea will bond many nations with historical links to one another and solve a lot of disputes As the Durand line will always be a hurdle for Pakistan and Afghanistan relationship. This will cause our enemies to burn you know who we are talking about, if trashy Modi wants Hindutva BS , why can’t we aim for two brotherly nation to become one.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for. Afghanistan is a country where 95% of the population ( and I assume this includes women ) believe that women should not work outside the home. in which case, there is no need for girls to be educated either. Infact better not to be educated.

There is no future for a country such as this.

Better they are left to their own devices with a barbed wire border between the two countries .... In twenty years when these women have produced 8 children each and theIr population can no longer be fed, that is the time we shoot to kill at the border.

I disagree with this Afghan Taliban leader.

Durand line is official border according to United Nations.

Or unite both Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom