What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

I am aware. XM-7 is a recent development after 65 years of using M4/M16/AR15 derivatives. So my point remains true, major rifles changes don’t happen frequently.
Every year there are new calibers, new actions, optics, muzzle devices that get invented. There are incremental changes all the time. Countries that are on the cutting edge of firearm development constantly try new ideas. Just because they aren't implementing those ideas in a major scale, like rearming their whole military with a new rifle, doesn't mean they aren't ahead of you.

XM-7 is a big leap forward but it is at least 10 years in the making. Before this we were discussing 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, .300 blackout etc.

Actually **** the rifle, if Iran could make a cartridge like this I would respect it. Because even Turkey can't.
We don't invent new shit, we follow in the footsteps of others. The difference between you and me is that I have the self awareness to realize this.

You have the delusions of grandeur.

It was stated that work on AIP is underway, even to equip future units of Fateh.
Iran is "working on" a lot of things. Is it underway like the 5th generation fighter project or is this a serious effort this time?

Who is the source of this news? I would like some details.

The mini-jet powered S136 derivative will prove quite useful in getting past defenses due to substantially increased speed at the cost of range.

Would like to know if the Shahed DRONE platform is being developed to house even more advanced technologies for future applications: possibly larger/more complex versions that will be able to tackle harder challenges.

Amazing work by the engineers on this platform.

Cheap, mass producible and reliable.

Yes, basic physics.

So no evidence. Got it. You make wild claims and then have zero evidence to back it up.

This is over twice the size of a Type 209. These ships are made for oceans and they aren't really fit for Iran's needs.

First you say Iran needs bigger submarines because Ghadir (which is made for sabotage attacks in PG) is too small. I tell you that we have Fateh and Besat in development then you say they aren’t worthy of ocean patrolling based on your trolling.

Now you say our Kilo subs don’t fit our needs because it’s too big and Turkey doesn’t have such big subs. You are all over the place.

Every year there are new calibers, new actions, optics, muzzle devices that get invented.

Lol these aren’t being invented every year. Stop it.

XM-7 is a big leap forward but it is at least 10 years in the making.

Yes and it cost $300M in first year alone for the US army to have marginally better killing power against Russian and Chinese body armour at a slightly greater distance.

With $300M Iran could build 500+ HGV missiles. What has more deterrence capability?

Who is Iran going to have a land war with that it would make sense for such an investment at this moment? Unlike US we don’t go around invading countries or have our troops deployed to 80+ foreign bases worldwide.
Actually **** the rifle, if Iran could make a cartridge like this I would respect it. Because even Turkey can't.

And here lies the entire premise of your psyche. Because Turkey “cant” make it, Iran can’t make it. Why? Because as we all know if Turkey cannot do something then Iran definitely cannot do it because Turkey > Iran.

You are a fanboy. Plain and simple. Why you lurk here and give us your uneducated biased opinion is beyond us.

You have the delusions of grandeur.

Ironic coming from a Turk. Your entire population suffers from delusions of grandeur starting from your wannabe Ottoman President.

The mini-jet powered S136 derivative will prove quite useful in getting past defenses due to substantially increased speed at the cost of range.

Would like to know if the Shahed DRONE platform is being developed to house even more advanced technologies for future applications: possibly larger/more complex versions that will be able to tackle harder challenges.

Amazing work by the engineers on this platform.

Cheap, mass producible and reliable.

For over a year I have made such a prediction. Compared to some here who make outlandish claims I have accurately predicted the emergence of “mountain airbases” and “microjet Shahed” :coffee:

Here is a post from 05/2023:
Iranian engineers get to literally test the drone against some of the best western air defenses and radars and get live data during war time. This is so valuable. Cannot be understated.

I still do expect engineers to make a microjet variant. If Iran has 2000KM cruise missiles then that engine can be put into a next gen S-136. It would boost speeds to 500+. Add in terrain mapping software from latest Russian satellites and you have a more deadly version that patches one of its weakness (slow speed and loud prop engine). Less drones, but high % success rate hitting target off set one another.

So no evidence. Got it. You make wild claims and then have zero evidence to back it up.
You could use your brain, it's a tiny sub. If there's 30 days of diesel fuel it means there's even less room for batteries.

You would have to be a special kind of idiot to not understand this.

First you say Iran needs bigger submarines because Ghadir (which is made for sabotage attacks in PG) is too small. I tell you that we have Fateh and Besat in development then you say they aren’t worthy of ocean patrolling based on your trolling.

Now you say our Kilo subs don’t fit our needs because it’s too big and Turkey doesn’t have such big subs. You are all over the place.
Nope, what I said is right there, everyone can go read it. I said Iran needs around 1.000 tons subs.

Because you were too retarded, you argued that Kilos were 1.000

All the while telling me I don't know what I'm talking about :lol:

If I were you I would be ashamed to show my face here again, yet here you are

Last edited:
You could use your brain, it's a tiny sub. If there's 30 days of diesel fuel it means there's even less room for batteries.

You would have to be a special kind of idiot to not understand this.

You have not provided any evidence for this claim other than your amateur opinion:
It has to surface many times in 35 days making it easy to track and destroy.

No one know in OSINT knows how many days Fateh can stay under water without a snorkeling maneuver to recharge batteries.
Nope, what I said is right there, everyone can go read it.

This is what you said:

These ships are made for oceans and they aren't really fit for Iran's needs. Even Turkey isn't planning anything this big. Reis class will be around 2.000 tons.

Kilo class are for Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea.

Ghadir and Fateh are for PG, with Fateh also able to go to Arabian Sea if needed.
Besat class will be larger for Arabian Ocean and Indian Ocean.

You claim that Kilo submarines are not needed by Iran because even Turks don’t have anything in that size. Completely Irrelevant.

I said Iran needs around 1.000 tons subs.

Why 1000 tons? You haven’t provided a single iota of evidence why you picked such an arbitrary tonnage.

Besat submarine will be over 1000 tons (likely 1500-2000 tons). So what is the problem you have with Iranian submarines at the moment?

Even Turkey isn't planning anything this big. Reis class will be around 2.000 tons

Israeli Dolphin-II submarines are similar in tonnage to Iran’s Kilos (and also lack AIP) and are doing just fine for Israel who share the same body of water as Turkey.

Also Israel won’t have AIP tech ready sub till 2030’s. And all their current (and future) subs are made by Germany.

So Iran’s Kilos fit Iran’s needs perfectly.

No one know in OSINT knows how many days Fateh can stay under water without a snorkeling maneuver to recharge batteries.
We don't have to know it exactly, anybody who is familiar with diesel electric submarines can make a good estimation.

I know what the **** I'm looking at, I don't need inside information.

Kilo class are for Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea.
Fine but not needed, There are downsides to bigger submarines like more noise. You don't want something unnecessarily big

You claim that Kilo submarines are not needed by Iran because even Turks don’t have anything in that size.
Turkey isn't under threat of invasion by multiple countries. Turkey has the luxury to invest in bigger ships like TCG Anadolu. But even for Turkey 2000 tons Reis class is still deemed sufficient. I gave it as a point of comparison.

Because you're not trying to understand, or maybe you're too stupid to understand, this point flew over your head.

You're not Russia, you're not patrolling the Atlantic ocean, Kilos aren't the ideal solution for you.

Besat submarine will be over 1000 tons (likely 1500-2000 tons). So what is the problem you have with Iranian submarines at the moment?
I have said nothing negative about the Besat sizewise. Very close in tonnage to Turkish Type-209, a good choice. If it were me, I would cancel the rest of the ships in Fateh class and try to build at least 10 Besats

Last edited:
This is over twice the size of a Type 209. These ships are made for oceans and they aren't really fit for Iran's needs. Even Turkey isn't planning anything this big. Reis class will be around 2.000 tons.
Considering sea of oman and Arabians sea depth I will not go as far as saying Iran don't need them. Iran needs may be a little different than turkey

Back
Top Bottom