What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

Some 77 percent of parts in one Shahed-136 were U.S.-made, according to Ukrainian intelligence. They were produced by 13 American companies. The other components were made in Canada, China, Japan, Switzerland or Taiwan.

Iran stronk, I guess. Basically a foreign-made drone.

Some 77 percent of parts in one Shahed-136 were U.S.-made, according to Ukrainian intelligence. They were produced by 13 American companies. The other components were made in Canada, China, Japan, Switzerland or Taiwan.

Using readily available COTS components allows Shahed-136 to be likely the lowest cost ~2000-km-range precision-strike weapon in existence. That is its unique selling point. Russia isn't building its own Shahed-136 factories with Iranian help for no reason.

Tha fact of matter is that both Iran a Turkiye use foreign components ( ICs, switches, connectors, etc) in their subsystem builds...the only country that must have at least one domestic source for all components is the US ( you can use non domestic component but an alternate source for that component should exist in the US soil).

Shahed-136 uses Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components because as one other member mentioned they are Cheap and availabel ..operating life cycle of the drone is meant to be short and when any wreckage is examined will not reveal too much....
The brain matter used is how you put those components together to create an affordable system that does the job..Iranian Shahed-136 is apparently doing that job with flying colors.

1.Basically no evidence to relate it to Iran. (even though even Chinese engines are Iranians)

2.Unlike some countries whose products or sales requires the consent of other countries and halt their projects due to lack of engines (guess the name), Iran produces it's products no matter who agrees or disagrees.

I wonder just what percentage we`d see in the turkish ones,probably considerably more I`d expect.
I mean,in theory,as western vassals you`d get privileged access to that sort of thing,right?.......well maybe before erdo crapped in his own nest by buying russian hardware.😄
By the way,hows the great turkish national project going?,you know the one where the europeans accept you guys as token "europeans"....... :sarcastic:
Seriously tho,I thought you turkish fanbois would be celebrating,after many months of being mia in the ukraine the tb2 has finally put in an appearance.....blowing up a little russian motorboat.:azn:

:sarcastic:
F5QDo0lWwAAD7SM

A picture is worth a thousand words......;)

The guy is saying.... "please sir, can I stay here in your country.... we fuked up ours beyond repair".
My thoughts:

UKI: Sir can you at least put less explosives in the warhead!!

IRANI: We shall consider your request.

Back
Top Bottom