What's new

SHAHBAGH SQUARE-A NEW RISE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put your hands up, I want to see how many in PDF are opposed to secular independent Bangladesh?

[TROLLIN']
I am against a secular, independent Bangladesh. I pray that one day Bangladesh will be a colony of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and all the honourable razakaars will be awarded for their valiant efforts in 1971.
[/TROLLIN']

I had to do it. We all know there are some people on this forum who are waiting to here that one way or another.

Well....trolling aside, not all "collaborators" were Islamists if ye know what I mean :azn:

Mia bhai apner kon paka dhane moi dilam?if ppl who do not support so called secular country theory and calls a spade a spade.is not bad or raza..kar .they are practical and sane.you can not run a country based on emotions. Some time you need to be tough and take hard decision for the sake of greater good.

The reason I mentioned that madx should drop your name along with Ojana and Loki from his list of names is that madx like another poster in his list that used to frequent earlier, is trying to categorize BD posters here in PDF as "mainstream" Bangladeshi's.

I on the other hand have another way to categorize the posters:

1. Open AL supporters
2. Hidden/stealth AL sympathizers
3. Neutral/confused posters
4. anti-AL posters

I think 1 and 2 are pro-India, whereas 3 and 4 are pro-Bangladesh. And by definition, these two groups are mutually exclusive. Anyone who is pro-India cannot be pro-Bangladesh, and anyone who is pro-Bangladesh, cannot be pro-India.

You, Ojana and Loki fall in no. 4, like myself, so I just objected to these 3 names being lumped together with other posters from groups 1 and 2.

In a way, I was just trying to pull madx's leg, to see how he reacts. With his level of English comprehension, I think he may not have a clear idea about which poster belongs to which group.

@Loki, did the international tribunal give the verdict yet or is it still going through due process? I am just curious because CBC has not been covering bangladaise news lately and also no offence, its hard to understand what you folk talk about sometimes. Also how is the new job as moderator coming , having fun eh monsieur :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now tell, do you agree that Kader Siddiqqui is a "collaborator"? :azn:

unfortunately some of our shahbag youth dont know who kader siddiqqui is.....
their logic 'if some one doesnt agree with us, he is a big bad bangladesh hatin raz@k@r'
:woot: ...

@Loki, did the international tribunal give the verdict yet or is it still going through due process? I am just curious because CBC has not been covering bangladaise news lately and also no offence, its hard to understand what you folk talk about sometimes. Also how is the new job as moderator coming , having fun eh monsieur :)

Greetings :D

Three were given verdict. For others, it is still ongoing. Though there are questions regarding the due process of the trial among sections the international community.

Not surprised that much of the international media do not cover this matter as much as it did during the 71' war. Or even the trial of Nazi war criminals.

This is a very complicated matter.

Suffice to say, it does not necessarily serve the interests of the global audience at large; save a few sweet-tongued rascals.

Being mod here is not that hard to be honest. Other sections like the Far East the Middle East and Turkey are harder. The Middle Eastern section's mod lost his mind.

their logic 'if some one doesnt agree with us, he is a big bad bangladesh hatin raz@k@r'

Really? I didn't know that :rofl:

What hypocrisy is this? :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of them were rapists........most of them collaborated for financial or political gains!Please don't call them Islamist because I consider myself to be an Islamist!

I'm sorry if I did offend you (sarcasm not intended). But a lot of people (Indians especially) do put them in the same equation. Just look at their comments here.

One chap flying Bangladeshi flags wants a 'secular' Bangladesh. Whatever that means.

And yes, you are right that they collaborated for financial and political gains.

Their initial task was to provide the West Pakistani soldiers and their commanders with information regarding where and who the AL leaders and activists were.

And in some cases, people were killed just because they were disliked by those collaborators. And the fools blindly shot them.

It was not East Pakistani soldiers who spearheaded those operations :no:

1. Open AL supporters
2. Hidden/stealth AL sympahizers
4. anti-AL posters

You missed these:
5.Jamat poster
6.Bnp poster
7.anti bd poster

Yes as Kalu miah said "You are either with us or against us".

I personally like Kader siddiqui. But I think he is frustrated and talking insanely by not treated well by AL.
He is a great man and supporter of Sheikh mujib's ideology. We didn't expect anything like this from him.

I personally like Kader siddiqui. But I think he is frustrated and talking insanely by not treated well by AL.
He is a great man and supporter of Sheikh mujib'sideology. We didn't expected anything like this from him.

Explain on how he's "not treated well" by AL? :what:

Who is this "we"?

The reason I mentioned that madx should drop your name along with Ojana and Loki from his list of names is that madx like another poster in his list that used to frequent earlier, is trying to categorize BD posters here in PDF as "mainstream" Bangladeshi's.

I on the other hand have another way to categorize the posters:

1. Open AL supporters
2. Hidden/stealth AL sympahizers
4. anti-AL posters

I think 1 and 2 are pro-India, whereas 3 and 4 are pro-Bangladesh. And by definition, these two groups are mutually exclusive. Anyone who is pro-India cannot be pro-Bangladesh, and anyone who is pro-Bangladesh, cannot be pro-India.

You, Ojana and Loki fall in no. 4, like myself, so I just objected to these 3 names being lumped together with other posters from groups 1 and 2.

In a way, I was just trying to pull madx's leg, to see how he reacts. With his level of English comprehension, I think he may not have a clear idea about which poster belongs to which group.

Oh, I'm not anti-anything :no:

Greetings :D

Three were given verdict. For others, it is still ongoing. Though there are questions regarding the due process of the trial among sections the international community.

Not surprised that much of the international media do not cover this matter as much as it did during the 71' war. Or even the trial of Nazi war criminals.

This is a very complicated matter.

Suffice to say, it does not necessarily serve the interests of the global audience at large; save a few sweet-tongued rascals.

Being mod here is not that hard to be honest. Other sections like the Far East the Middle East and Turkey are harder. The Middle Eastern section's mod lost his mind.

Thanks for the answering, your analysis is well balanced as far as addressing this critical situation goes(by any chance you don't have a politician in your family :azn:). Also this is a quite an emotional trial based on my readings from the links here and hopefully your judiciary can keep its calm and composure for this decision. It does have a parallel similar to the post ww2 trials but as long as justice is done, i hope pakistan and bangladaise can get along again. For what i hear from my gramps, people in our extended family that served to this day regret there decisions and ironically are alcoholics so I can only imagine what would have happened on the innocents. Hopefully after this trial is done, the people do not hold a grudge against the folks in west pakistanise as some responses indicate from my limited understanding keeping in mind.

Explain on how he's "not treated well" by AL? :what:

Who is this "we"?

He was among the man who opposed the killing of mujib. He deserved a place in AL's top position. But unfortunately he got
nothing. A man like him should have given chance to a ministerial position. But always ignored by AL. For his ideology he couldn't
join bnp for bnp's loyalty towards jamat. Somedays back we seen some talks with him by bnp and al. But he didnt join anyone.

We meaning we the people who supported shagbagh. He should have talked as pro BD. Recently he is showing so much love to anti BD ppl. I think its coming from his loyalty from Diganta TV.

Thanks for the answering, your analysis is well balanced as far as addressing this critical situation goes(by any chance you don't have a politician in your family :azn:). Also this is a quite an emotional trial based on my readings from the links here and hopefully your judiciary can keep its calm and composure for this decision. It does have a parallel similar to the post ww2 trials but as long as justice is done, i hope pakistan and bangladaise can get along again. For what i hear from my gramps, people in our extended family that served to this day regret there decisions and ironically are alcoholics so I can only imagine what would have happened on the innocents. Hopefully after this trial is done, the people do not hold a grudge against the folks in west pakistanise as some responses indicate from my limited understanding keeping in mind.

I'm not a politician, nor any of my family members.

Emotions can be a great way to start off in anything as in the birth of Bangladesh. But by being emotional all the way till the end does not yield pretty results. It never does.

And that is what is happening in the violent and volatile nature of Bangladeshi politics. There is close to no ethical standards in the politics of Bangladesh either.

Bangladesh's courts are controlled by the government by the way. So that raises some questions.

Some say that this trial is more about petty politics and power-mongering. Jamaat-Islami, Bangladesh has an alliance with the main opposition party, Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP). The current ruling government is apparently trying to weaken the opposition through this trial.

Going by a person's mere whims on such matters and twisting the law always yield disastrous results if we look at history.

There are very few and powerful nations in the world that can overrule the conventions of the International Criminal Tribunal. And Bangladesh is certainly not one of them.

And another thing: Evidence against the accused. Solid evidence. Not random he said she said from 2nd or 3rd hand accounts.

The current government cannot control the sociopolitical implications coming out of this trial, among other issues such as a caretaker government. And the country is still boiling.

I've always supported progressive relations with Pakistan, given our painful history.

However, I doubt if the Awami League would ever do so. Part of their ideology is based on the sheer hatred of Pakistan.

Even if this trial is miraculously successful, they'll still endlessly hound Pakistan over other reasons like Afghanistan, terrorists, ISI, LeT, etc.

And what's more, Bangladesh still demands an apology from Pakistan. I think it'd be more progressive if we ask for information leading to evidence against today's living war criminals, and justice be served. Only if our leaders realize that.

The key is to move forward, not remain stagnant or worse, backwards. I fear we are going backwards.

Mainstream Western media know well in advance about the credibility of this trial.

A war crimes trial which addresses an issue where apparently over 3 million innocents were butchered in a matter of 9 months during the Cold War days.

How can they ignore that? :no:

You missed these:
5.Jamat poster
6.Bnp poster
7.anti bd poster

Yes as Kalu miah said "You are either with us or against us".

He is a great man and supporter of Sheikh mujib's ideology. We didn't expect anything like this from him.

Boro bhai - eta ki joke chilo?khub cheap chilo.

He was among the man who opposed the killing of mujib. He deserved a place in AL's top position. But unfortunately he got
nothing. A man like him should have given chance to a ministerial position. But always ignored by AL. For his ideology he couldn't
join bnp for bnp's loyalty towards jamat. Somedays back we seen some talks with him by bnp and al. But he didnt join anyone.

We meaning we the people who supported shagbagh. He should have talked as pro BD. Recently he is showing so much love to anti BD ppl. I think its coming from his loyalty from Diganta TV.

He is a bona fide Mukti Bahini, not Mujib Bahini. Some Mukti Bahini killed Mujib, other pro-independence people like Kader Siddique and Bhasani did not support killing of Mujib, out of humane considerations. I personally think killing of Mujib family was a mistake by AL anti-India elements led by Khondoker Moshtaq, because if Mujib was alive for another 5-10 years, I am sure AL would have been finished for good in Bangladesh in a mass revolt and India would not have opportunity to revive it again like they did in 1990's.

Killing is never a solution, there are always better solutions. Killing is a typical Indian style solution. I am hoping BNP-Jamat adopt anti-killing policy and for this reason alone, they will be able to get broad public support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom