What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

Pakistan's procurement is also more opaque, especially deals with China. This creates a 2-prong issue where (1) it's hard to anticipate what Pakistan will acquire in the near term and (2) it's near-impossible to scuttle the deal if it's from China.

That's true, but I don't think we reduced defence spending (vs. GDP) because of growing healthcare or education costs. Rather, I think the bigger blocker has been our debt repayments, which have ballooned over the past 10 years. IMHO, if not for debt repayments, our real defence budget would likely be in the $13-17 bn a year range. That said, we are pretty much in a debt-snare because of corruption plus a lack of investment in education, skill development, etc to elevate our economic output. However, if all things were held equal, I believe our defence budget would be much higher if not for debt repayments.
Debt isnt bad(71% of gdp now)
Its LACK OF TAXATION/REVENUE Mobilization

At 8.5% of gdp our tax is lowest in the region half of that of india which it self isnt taxing anyone

Retail tax is exists but is simply laundered by business..these small fixes will cause of lot issues fixed but wont happen becaus establishment and elite class are all in on it

View attachment 819172

What about small tactical vehicles like this with 12.7 mm heavy machine guns or atgms on them and they harass enemy supply lines and bases. They can go in groups of 2 vehicles during the night into enemy territory then meet at a the target location attack it and disperse all in the middle of night before enemy even can’t process what happened.
They would be more mobile then tanks and apcs and wouldn’t be worth sending Air Force after. Them travelling in groups of 2 before reaching their target location at night would mean they remain undetected. Atgms and 12.7 mm machine gun can provide enough firepower to harass supply lines or destroy small forward bases. Their high speed will mean targeting them will be much harder and logistics for these will be much easier then sending tanks or apcs.
Or
These can go into a target area a day before and harass the defences of the area while scouting the area. They can do hit and run attacks on enemy area while collecting info on what fire power they posse and what their reaction is like. That info can be passed onto the Force A you mentioned while better adapts and can attack the enemy area after it’s been weakened by constant harassment attacks. Also hit and run tactics could lure enemy formations into a deadly trap set up by Force A.
Read 9th Infantry Division US Army

Debt isnt bad(71% of gdp now)
Its LACK OF TAXATION/REVENUE Mobilization

At 8.5% of gdp our tax is lowest in the region half of that of india which it self isnt taxing anyone

Retail tax is exists but is simply laundered by business..these small fixes will cause of lot issues fixed but wont happen becaus establishment and elite class are all in on it
Indian income tax rates are ridiculously low, and have led to calls for abolishing it altogether, and depending instead on expenditure tax. The logic being that tracking income and closing all the loopholes is increasingly difficult; tracking expenditure, especially after digitalisation, is relatively much easier.

It is also not clear why governments don't do perspective planning and think beyond the horizon and focus hugely on annual budgets.

Force A;
1 x Armor regiment
1 x Mech Inf Battalion
2 x SP Artillery Regts +/- Artillery battery of MLRS (if required)
1 x AD Regt +/- AAA battery against smaller drones
Our (I) mech and armd bdes are quite similar to these.
However depending on the area they've different arrangement;
a) 2× Armour regt + supporting arty, AD, engrs,signals etc.
b) 2× Armour regt
1× mech regt + supporting Arty, AD, engrs etc.
c) 1×armd regt
1× mech regt + supporting assets.
d) 1× armd regt
2× mech regt

Each IABG/IMBG has atleast 1×SP and 1×AD regt. However Mech div HQs may also provide additional supporting elements.

Last edited:
b) 2× Armour regt
c) 1×armd regt
d) 1× armd regt
2× mech regt

Each IABG/IMBG has atleast 1×SP and 1×AD regt. However Mech div HQs may also provide additional supporting elements.
My post was about Artillery oriented force. Guns and rocket launchers. Mobile warfare.

b) 2× Armour regt
c) 1×armd regt
d) 1× armd regt
2× mech regt

How do you interpret these four configurations?

a) sounds too armour-rich to be true. Without infantry, they are liable to get into trouble.
b) sounds very balanced, but very conventional, Presumably by mech regt, you are referring to an infantry brigade of three battalions. If not, if this is a new composite IBG kind of formation, it is interesting. Depends on if whoever puts this together can find the leadership for it, and can give them enough exercises so that every part knows its role and the line of command is well understood; also if there is a good enough planning staff to think through roles and actions.
c) sounds like the ace in the sleeve, some larger formation commander's surprise package, either parked very close to the probable location of engagements, or enabled to cover long distances at very high speed. But at least it has supporting assets, so it is probably hidden away somewhere close to the foreseeable battleground.
d) is what c) above would have been, without the supporting assets.

Why don't you share your thinking?

I've written three - THREE - posts on this in the last few hours. Do take a look, before informing me that there are 900,000 Indian troops in the Vale. Or similar.

Are you really Chinese?
Serenity must be Chinese. On the contrary, I seriously doubt whether you are really Indian.

Serenity must be Chinese. On the contrary, I seriously doubt whether you are really Indian.
I am fascinated by your thought.

How do you define Indian?

After years, after my friend went away to become rich and famous, there is somebody I can relate to.

Well, actually, other than the standard-bearers, I can relate to most Chinese members. 'Most'<>'All'.

I am fascinated by your thought.

How do you define Indian?

After years, after my friend went away to become rich and famous, there is somebody I can relate to.

Well, actually, other than the standard-bearers, I can relate to most Chinese members. 'Most'<>'All'.

I am Chinese, I can feeling Chinese netizens by intuition. Serenity's way of thinking, conversation habits, etc, he should be an older Chinese man.
But you're obviously not Indian. I have met many Indians on youtube and other websites, and I also have Indian customers, your thinking are not the mode of Indians.

I am Chinese, I can feeling Chinese netizens by intuition. Serenity's way of thinking, conversation habits, etc, he should be an older Chinese man.
But you're obviously not Indian. I have met many Indians on youtube and other websites, and I also have Indian customers, your thinking are not the mode of Indians.
I asked you to define Indian.

I am different, and that is why I get isolated and bullied so often. Otherwise, first you define Indian, in terms of characteristics and specifics, and let me try and answer you.

@serenity's thinking is very acceptable and exactly the balance that I would wish to display in my posts.

If only you people had met my friend @Chausim.

@Joe Shearer is Indian - can confirm this 100% unless he is Martian using Indian dialing phone codes. I consider him a friend of many years - that he is Indian does not in any way prejudice my friendship with him.

I asked you to define Indian.

I am different, and that is why I get isolated and bullied so often. Otherwise, first you define Indian, in terms of characteristics and specifics, and let me try and answer you.

@serenity's thinking is very acceptable and exactly the balance that I would wish to display in my posts.

If only you people had met my friend @Chausim.
OK, I'll try. I have two Indian clients, and I have worked with them for a long time.
Chinese people are more withdrawn and calm, while Indians are obviously more enthusiastic, but very polite. They have strong accents and are easily nervous, so they always speak loudly, I'm not used to that. I personally believe that although Indians generally have religious thinking, they can solve practical problems more easily than Westerners, they are manpower that can be used immediately and cost-effective. But Indians are debauchery and greedy, and most people lack integrity and even have a strong sense of hierarchy.

OK, I'll try. I have two Indian clients, and I have worked with them for a long time.
Chinese people are more withdrawn and calm, while Indians are obviously more enthusiastic, but very polite.
There are Indians who are more excitable, and there are Indians who are less so. I come from a very excitable set of people, within India.
They have strong accents and are easily nervous, so they always speak loudly,
You may find it difficult to track my accent.
I'm not used to that. I personally believe that although Indians generally have religious thinking, they can solve practical problems more easily than Westerners, they are manpower that can be used immediately and cost-effective.
Yes, yes, and yes.
But Indians are debauchery and greedy, and most people lack integrity and even have a strong sense of hierarchy.
You have a clear, well-defined profile for Indians.

I was really talking about checking what language(s) I speak, where I was from, where I am now, and stuff like that. What you have outlined above will not verify anyone's antecedents.

Interesting.:enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom