What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

How do you interpret these four configurations?

a) sounds too armour-rich to be true. Without infantry, they are liable to get into trouble.
b) sounds very balanced, but very conventional, Presumably by mech regt, you are referring to an infantry brigade of three battalions. If not, if this is a new composite IBG kind of formation, it is interesting. Depends on if whoever puts this together can find the leadership for it, and can give them enough exercises so that every part knows its role and the line of command is well understood; also if there is a good enough planning staff to think through roles and actions.
c) sounds like the ace in the sleeve, some larger formation commander's surprise package, either parked very close to the probable location of engagements, or enabled to cover long distances at very high speed. But at least it has supporting assets, so it is probably hidden away somewhere close to the foreseeable battleground.
d) is what c) above would have been, without the supporting assets.

Why don't you share your thinking?
I forgot to mention that all IABGs/IMBGs have organic AD/Arty assets- my bad.
- Each bde in Mech and Armd divs have an SP regt, minimum.
-IABGs of mech divs can get additional AD/Arty support from Div HQs.
sounds too armour-rich to be true. Without infantry, they are liable to get into trouble
The Indp Armoured bdes with each corps on eastern front that are directly under the Corps commander have this config. They are called Corps Commander's Trump Card.
sounds very balanced, but very conventional, Presumably by mech regt, you are referring to an infantry brigade of three battalions. If not, if this is a new composite IBG kind of formation, it is interesting. Depends on if whoever puts this together can find the leadership for it, and can give them enough exercises so that every part knows its role and the line of command is well understood; also if there is a good enough planning staff to think through roles and actions
No, mech regt= battalion (this old regimental system is long gone)
- While it may seem to be peculiar to you;
a) 2/3 Bdes in a Mech div have this config.
b) 3/3 Bdes in an armoured div have this config.
This ks one of the most common type of (I)bde.
The bde commander is mostly of Armoured corps.
Staff work is done by BMs; the cream of the officer corps, like our very own manstein.
sounds like the ace in the sleeve, some larger formation commander's surprise package, either parked very close to the probable location of engagements, or enabled to cover long distances at very high speed. But at least it has supporting assets, so it is probably hidden away somewhere close to the foreseeable battleground.
Originally most of the Indp bdes had 2× Armd and 1×MIB. But then by taking one Armd regt out of a bde we were able to double the number of IBGS. And MIB was added in most cases.
what c) above would have been, without the supporting assets
All IBGs have integral supporting elements.
some larger formation commander's surprise package, either parked very close to the probable location of engagements, or enabled to cover long distances at very high speed. But at least it has supporting assets, so it is probably hidden away somewhere close to the foreseeable battleground.
These are precisely the roles for which IBGs have been raised, especially those in Strike corps and supporting holding corps (like Gujranwala and Bahawalpur corps).
Adding weight to the offence, gaining time or preserving forces, surprise etc.

Btw should I ask the mods to shift this discussion to the relevant thread- Mech divs of Pakistan?

Last edited:
On the LOC?

Only villagers will be affected. So much for the moral support for the ordinary man that is prominent in professions of support for Kashmir and the Kashmiri.
Sir that doest stop indian army from deploying artillery and mortars right in kashmiri villages?

I know. I suspect he's got his battalion, and is looking down at the rest of us.

Vid shows a Kashmiri grandpa arguing with indian troops over a mortar position near his house, mortar in the background:

images.jpeg-143.jpg

That's what he's been doing for quite some time now..
I know. I suspect he's got his battalion, and is looking down at the rest of us.
Sir that doest stop indian army from deploying artillery and mortars right in kashmiri villages?
We were getting shelled mercilessly. The Air Force is forbidden to cross borders, including the LOC/LAC. What else could we do?

Also look at the location. It's right out on an edge, on the other side of the river (I haven't been that far, only up to Baramula. The straight road goes to the bridge, you turn right and go up the slope to Panzgam).

Why mortars? They wouldn't cover the distance like a howitzer would, and firing mortars from such close range and provoking a response would lead to a far heavier response.

We were getting shelled mercilessly. The Air Force is forbidden to cross borders, including the LOC/LAC. What else could we do?

Also look at the location. It's right out on an edge, on the other side of the river (I haven't been that far, only up to Baramula. The straight road goes to the bridge, you turn right and go up the slope to Panzgam).

Why mortars? They wouldn't cover the distance like a howitzer would, and firing mortars from such close range and provoking a response would lead to a far heavier response.
We know how much shelling you guys face.
We dont shell kashmiri populations specifically coz they are our people on both side. While indians shell civilian population wherever you guys can.
Also Pak doesnt really deploy 152 or 55 calkb howitzers on LOC. So please stop trying to take us for a ride.
As for the location, thats "Jahaz" ground near civilian population/Panzgam. Also a video where several Kashmiris are protesting against your army for placing those bofors near their houses.

Second video also show the 90 year old man arguing the same.

@Joe Shearer do you see the civilian houses?

Pak Army was shelling you and thus you choose to use Kashmiris as human shields?

We know how much shelling you guys face.
We dont shell kashmiri populations specifically coz they are our people on both side. While indians shell civilian population wherever you guys can.
Also Pak doesnt really deploy 152 or 55 calkb howitzers on LOC. So please stop trying to take us for a ride.
As for the location, thats "Jahaz" ground near civilian population/Panzgam. Also a video where several Kashmiris are protesting against your army for placing those bofors near their houses.

Second video also show the 90 year old man arguing the same.
Yes, I've written about this already. The grounds were the school playground; I don't know what 'Jahaz' ground is.

I don't know about 'really' deploying those; the shelling was mighty large shells. You might like to check. It's funny how the Indian Army says exactly the same about the Pakistan Army shelling civilians.

Yes, I've written about this already. The grounds were the school playground; I don't know what 'Jahaz' ground is.

I don't know about 'really' deploying those; the shelling was mighty large shells. You might like to check. It's funny how the Indian Army says exactly the same about the Pakistan Army shelling civilians.
Im sorry but Pak Army doesnt place howitzers and mortars in residential areas.
As for your sarcasm do click the fb link I shared and see how close to civilian houses that ground is.

Also indian armys word is as good as any rapists.

Oh forgot they are literally rapists and use it as a tool of war in IOK.

@Joe Shearer do you see the civilian houses?

Pak Army was shelling you and thus you choose to use Kashmiris as human shields?
I'm puzzled by your talking about human shields. Nothing like that happened. As far as I know, there was one incident that happened, an idiot named Litul Gogoi did that and was severely criticised.

I don't think your allegation is fair.

As for your sarcasm do click the fb link I shared and see how close to civilian houses that ground is.
I already know; it was in the school playground. The gunners moved their guns, for your information.

I already know; it was in the school playground. The gunners moved their guns, for your information.
Also indian armys word is as good as any rapists.

Oh forgot they are literally rapists and use it as a tool of war in IOK.
This is unacceptable.

I am Chinese, I can feeling Chinese netizens by intuition. Serenity's way of thinking, conversation habits, etc, he should be an older Chinese man.
But you're obviously not Indian. I have met many Indians on youtube and other websites, and I also have Indian customers, your thinking are not the mode of Indians.

Most Honourable Sir,

Having spent my entire life in the oil industry I have come across all shades of all nationalities. Despite being a Pakistani, I have had many Indian friends, albeit mostly Chemical Engineers from Reliance, Indian oil and Adani group and I am still in contact with a few of them. Even though I have never met Honourable Joe Shearer in person; I have respected Honourable Joe Shearer ever since I came across his posts and that was more than 10 years ago. One may disagree with his views but from his posts Joe Shearer comes out as a very balanced and knowledgeable individual.

I would however agree that most people would find him to be unlike a run of the mill 'Indian'. But then, how does one define a typical Indian among the billion souls that reside in India? For example all Hindutva followers are Indian but all Indians do not follow Hindutva.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom