What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

There was a video of PCL-181 performing gun laying or basically doing horizontal firing which artillery units call gun laying I think in English.

The PCL-181 is like a super anti tank weapon in those cases with shells smashing into moving targets. It was an awesome video should have saved it maybe another member knows the one I'm talking about but usually the snippets are footages within 40min programs (1 hour with ads).

Basically PLA has moved to a lot of guided artillery and accuracy and adaptability to changes have gone up significantly. Artillery becomes much more flexible. Guided shells are super expensive but for anti-tanking they are useful and worth it. Just gun laying PCL-181 they can take out moving tanks at like 20km if geography allows and at slightly more elevated angles. Otherwise close range to within tank engagement ranges, even better. Top attack shells always best though for anti tanking.

View attachment 818847

View attachment 818848

Artillery since Korean war has been China's strong point and also a focus due to how much emphasis and love PLA Generals have for artillery. Since military reforms and catch up (to US, not just anyone), PLA never really lost that emphasis on artillery.

The change towards higher tech fighting just means artillery became expanded into ballistic missile field and then MaRV and now HGV. All are considered extensions of the idea of artillery for PLA doctrine which is destroying the enemy from long range.

Yes I am Chinese. I am not a Pakistani false flag nor an Indian false flag although I understand how common that latter is here (and elsewhere on the internet).

Are you really Indian? I've never met a reasonable India who wasn't talking shit non stop and frothing at the mouth, quite unlike your written material here which is commendable and rather respectable compared to usual Indian material - *** for example or WION comments and the rest of the spiel. You see your own implications turned on you?

the keyword in the post you quoted and highlighted is the word "some" ... in this case, Beast. One Chinese member who has actually been saying the truth at least how he understands it. The rest can sort of vouch and we do get where he is coming from. It's his manner of talking that others have problem with but that's him. It's also a Pakistani forum. Pakistani members talk their mouth off all the time with nonsense and arrogance beyond Beast (mind you with far less reason to be like that) and far fewer would question it. Again that's here and this is their area I guess. You should know what that's like. It isn't strange for Indian members to also be mistreated here.

As for fairness. I would say Indians Chinese Pakistanis whatever have their share who would act that way so there is no redemption of those behaviors because the country has been victim. Let's dismiss all Pakistan and Pakistanis as one type for the behavior of one. Let's judge all India for behavior of one member? No even here that doesn't happen lol. But with China, as soon as one member says something Pakistani members don't like, it's Chinese members are this that etc etc. Some Chinese members are sensitive, most Pakistani members also are same with Indians, Greeks, Russians, Turks, French, Americans. I guess that is something we all have in common then hahaha.
I am gobsmacked.

Several oil rich Arab nations have purchased Chinese artillery of many types for over 2 decades now.

The PLZ-05 just got some more orders as one of the more recent examples. These guys operate Eurofighter Typhoons and buy expensive weapons and only the best in trials and testing.

Pakistan buying PCL-181 shows that Pakistan is happy with the added ability and capabilities this system provides. Pakistan has plenty of artillery. It doesn't need a new type unless it truly offers some new abilities and if it is truly top of the shelf.

I know some Chinese members are the arrogant equivalent of arrogant India and Western members. But sometimes what they are saying truly is accurate.

As for Chinese artillery, ever since earliest wars, artillery has been something of love for Chinese military Generals. I think some of these guys put more love and faith in their artillery than in new high tech toys.

Thankfully it's not everyone and just some military leaders who are fascinated by new artillery. Having said that PCL-181 is truly impressive. Most of the literature and videos is in Chinese.

Basically all the functions in one system of multiple types of systems. Shoot long, shoot fast, shoot deadly accurate with guided shells. In fact lots of different types of ammunition than separate system. And the whole thing is quite mobile. Not a replacement for things like PLZ-45 or all self propelled artillery but PLA considers this system their best and their favorite. This system is CECed with drones even. Guided shells can be directed by drones and helicopters. One demonstration had drone finding target, helicopter feeding targeting data to shell and artillery unit. Making the CEC more complex and layered while opposing side performed electronic attack to disrupt all this.

Please understand if some members are maybe a little too lovey dovey with it as well. It is like a brand new Porsche in the garage and lovers will find strong enthusiasm for it.

I mean PCL-181 is like having an artillery unit be like a missile system almost. Some shells for infantry some for tanks, many guided, long range, mobility, accuracy, extremely fast speed, robotics handling some previously manual work and heavy lifting. This at the largest calibre artillery there is only two types in the world and those don't come with half the functionality.
My favorite angle

1645872160835.jpeg

1645872233055.jpeg

1645872301062.jpeg

1645872350277.jpeg

I bet you are just about as gobsmacked on 01/01/2012 when you didn't wake up to a superpower India.
I never took that crowd seriously.

That explains why I am a broken down wreck subsisting on an austere fixed income.

Sipra sahab ke paas har mauqay ke liye poetry hai.

Betrayal ka doosra naam hai "ch***ya kaatna". Aur "ch***yon" pe arz kiya hai....

Ch***ya hotay hain chaar kism kay:
  1. Shaqli ch***ya (chehara dekh kar hee pehchaan aa jaatay hain ki inn say na ho payega)
  2. Aqli ch***ya (Kitna bhi sar phod lo, inn logon ke dimaag mein kuch nahin ghusna)
  3. Nusli ch***ya (heriditary ch***ya. They can't help being ch***yas because of genetics. Have patience with such people)
  4. Asli ch***ya (Combination of all the above)
I am sure mods will ban me from this thread now.

Kamaal ast. Brother @DrJekyll: You must write a treatise on this very scholarly subject, and, if I have an authority, I would like to introduce that treatise as an academic course, entitled "Sociology 101", to all the bachelors programs, in all the fields of studies. :lol:

Well I do hope there are far more Indians like you but it seems that is not so and won't be for a long time huh.
I'm assured by my Pakistani friends (yes, I do have a few, who don't mind my being straightforward about things and don't start getting hysterical) that I am an endangered species.

I love the sound the firing makes as distorted recording. Real life doesn't sound like recordings for any artillery but some recordings have this smooth sound. The controls are cool but the gun laying angle is the coolest.

Personally I never been a fan of artillery or interested in any. This one is not much of an exception.
Stand by the big gun, fire! The moment it fires, I feel the power, fears, excitement, shocks, blast.

I still keep the video and pictures when I was in the training camp in my 20s.

I'm assured by my Pakistani friends (yes, I do have a few, who don't mind my being straightforward about things and don't start getting hysterical) that I am an endangered species.

Too bad for India I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom