What's new

Serving Indian army officer on bomb charge!

Beskar

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BBC NEWS | South Asia | India army officer on bomb charge

India army officer on bomb charge

A serving Indian army officer is among 11 people to have been charged in connection with a bombing in western India in 2008 that killed seven people.

More than 100 people were also injured in the blast in the predominantly Muslim town of Malegaon.

The list of accused also includes a retired army major and some right-wing Hindu activists.

Several Indian cities were hit by a series of bomb blasts last year, mostly blamed on Islamic militants.

Lt Col Srikant Purohit was the first serving Indian army officer to be arrested in connection with a bombing.

Now anti-terrorism police in the western state of Maharashtra have filed charges against him and 10 others in a special court for aiding, abetting and conspiring to carry out the Malegaon blasts in September last year.

Another of the accused is a female Hindu priest.

All 11 have denied the allegations.

Police say they had links with a little-known militant Hindu group and conspired to attack Muslims.

Hindu nationalist groups, including the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party, have questioned the allegations and have demanded that the accused receive a fair trial.

But the case has shocked many Indians, including the army, which is concerned that one of its officers has been implicated in the attack.

So what am I supposed to do about that?

Let me edit it so that it looks MORE like a question.

Anyway, the point is that JUST today one of the Indian members posted a report about how allegations against him have not been proven, yet another story develops against his participation in another bombing.

The guy's a Criminal and should be charged with MURDER of innocent civilians without further questions.

Anyway, the point is that JUST today one of the Indian members posted a report about how allegations against him have not been proven, yet another story develops against his participation in another bombing.

The guy's a Criminal and should be charged with MURDER of innocent civilians without further questions.

Which allegation? Care to look into the details? Usually multiple charges are filed.

The law will take its own course hopefully, and there should not be any political interference.

i don't understand why my brothers on the other side of the border start narrating us the procedures, legal actions, techniques and methodologies of certain issues, problems or matters at hand, especially in those cases where they feel their own neck being stuck in the noose.

Well coming back to the topic, the question is not of multiple charges, or anybody being charged or not. The worry is a 'country' who accuse Pakistan of state terrorism has her hands dirty with dignified officials getting involved in the acts of terrorism.

i wonder if they train patriotic soldiers/fighters or 'atang vadis' with 2.5% of their GDP.

Last edited:

He was involved in the samjhauta express attacks and the malegaon blasts. Karkare was investigating him and had him implicated for both thse attacks including 11 others u mentioned.. As soon as he died (in mumbai attacks he died in 1st 10 minutes in the attack that lasted 60 hrs) purohit has been cleared of the case.

It is yet more proof that mumbai attacks were the work of hindu terrorist outfits. If you remember and look back Karkare was first to be killed in the mumbai attacks by the terrorists and happens to be the first officer to bring to light the involvement of hindu terrorist elements in bomb blasts in india. Also remember that samjhauta caused the death of 60 pakistanis.

U get it mate? This is a huge game. Purohit was involved and the new officers are now trying to put attention away from it. Karkare had confirmed that he was responsible for the attacks. He got death threats and was killed the next day.

This is not a conspiracy theory. Put the facts together and u will know whats going on.

That's the least that we expect.

law will surely take care of this like it kept Kasab alive and even tried to give him a lawyer.

I wonder , what might have been the root cause in the minds of Purohit before he commited such an act , why must he have gone into so much of hatred. Where exactly are the causes of the Samjhauta expresse or Malegaon incidents? There must be a cause of such a motivation. Its definitely not for fun , like Kasabs was for the money he received, he fired.

law will surely take care of this like it kept Kasab alive and even tried to give him a lawyer.
Wow wow wow, was that something special done to Kasab?
Every ones is entitled to a lawyer.
If he can't afford one the govt is supposed to provide him one.

I wonder , what might have been the root cause in the minds of Purohit before he commited such an act , why must he have gone into so much of hatred. Where exactly are the causes of the Samjhauta expresse or Malegaon incidents? There must be a cause of such a motivation. Its definitely not for fun , like Kasabs was for the money he received, he fired.

What a wishful thinking and such an innocence.
(i wonder why such gullible members are being sent from india)
Well, coming back to what i was saying....
i'll give you money and ask you to do what kasab or for that matter purohit did, i'll see how motivated you'll be then.

Wow wow wow, was that something special done to Kasab?
Every ones is entitled to a lawyer.
If he can't afford one the govt is supposed to provide him one.

I am saying law will decide the course. Hold your horses.

What a wishful thinking and such an innocence.
(i wonder why such gullible members are being sent from india)
Well, coming back to what i was saying....
i'll give you money and ask you to do what kasab or for that matter purohit did, i'll see how motivated you'll be then.

thanks sir. I will not be motivated for any, neither am I a jihadi nor am I a shiv sena. And I have enough money. Please save your valuable money. You will need it.

Its unfortunate that Purohit was involved in the malegaon and not the samjauta.i would have been more forgiving if he was involved only in the samjauta incident

Its unfortunate that Purohit was involved in the malegaon and not the samjauta.i would have been more forgiving if he was involved only in the samjauta incident

And why is that? Because he ended up killing a lot of Pakistani's? Please keep your Mentally challenged opinions to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom