What's new

Seraikistan - A New Seraiki province out of Punjab?

Are You in the favor of Saraikistan, Saraiki province

• Total voters
As a Saraiki. A province for us is very necessary. We have different customs and cultures. This being said the need is due for the lack of development and investment in the region. People always play the religion card and the nationalistic card before they look at the reality. Almost all development and investment is focused on upper punjab. The standard of living, education, health care is prioritized in the northern areas of Punjab. While us in the south are left with the scraps. Saraiki people are easy to be manipulated with the religion card because Islam and and our culture go hand in hand.
In terms of culture we are a lot more closer to sindhi culture than punjabi culture. At one point in history Multan was the capital of Sindh. Our language is categorized as a dialect of Punjabi which speaks for itself in regards to the neo-imperialistic vibe Punjabis are trying to play with our specific ethnic group. It's true that at the end of the day we are all Pakistanis but injustice in the name of Pakistan causes one to question there allegiance.
Punjabi dominance within Pakistan does indeed have a role to play with anger within not only the Saraiki community, but also the Baloch, Pashtuun, and Sindhi communities.
As for the political parties. They have their own agendas. Gilani comes from a family that were puppets for the colonial british rulers as do quite a few of the so called saraiki leaders and almost any political figures for that matter in Pakistan.
As for MQM lol they seem to forget the large amount of Bihari settlers Zia sent in the region were met with disdain and resentment. A lot of the elders view the muhajir community in the saraiki region negatively so I don't know what they are trying to pull.

As a Saraiki. A province for us is very necessary. We have different customs and cultures. This being said the need is due for the lack of development and investment in the region. People always play the religion card and the nationalistic card before they look at the reality. Almost all development and investment is focused on upper punjab. The standard of living, education, health care is prioritized in the northern areas of Punjab. While us in the south are left with the scraps. Saraiki people are easy to be manipulated with the religion card because Islam and and our culture go hand in hand.
In terms of culture we are a lot more closer to sindhi culture than punjabi culture. At one point in history Multan was the capital of Sindh. Our language is categorized as a dialect of Punjabi which speaks for itself in regards to the neo-imperialistic vibe Punjabis are trying to play with our specific ethnic group. It's true that at the end of the day we are all Pakistanis but injustice in the name of Pakistan causes one to question there allegiance.
Punjabi dominance within Pakistan does indeed have a role to play with anger within not only the Saraiki community, but also the Baloch, Pashtuun, and Sindhi communities.
As for the political parties. They have their own agendas. Gilani comes from a family that were puppets for the colonial british rulers as do quite a few of the so called saraiki leaders and almost any political figures for that matter in Pakistan.
As for MQM lol they seem to forget the large amount of Bihari settlers Zia sent in the region were met with disdain and resentment. A lot of the elders view the muhajir community in the saraiki region negatively so I don't know what they are trying to pull.

I hate your mentality. It seems racist. I am from Bahawapur and know many Sarakis. Some are just like Punjabis and you cannot even distinguish between them, until they speak.

RazPak bhai sahib Malik 786 has given his thoughts, u do not have to agree with him :) but hate is something very strong :-) .

Our language is categorized as a dialect of Punjabi which speaks for itself in regards to the neo-imperialistic vibe Punjabis are trying to play with our specific ethnic group.
So Seriki is not like Punjabi or we Punjabis enforced a language on u which is similar to Punjabi :0-) BTW was Seriki different before 1947 i.e. before Punjabi imperialism ??????

U might not want to be called a Punjabi but the fact is both Hindko and Seriki are dialect of Punjabi

There are 26 Languages in Pakistan, as far i know.. isn't that means we need 26 Provinces? I think all province names should be changed to Province 1, Province 2, Province 3, Province 4...

New provinces should be made on administrative basics not on linguistic , Bahwalpur , Multan , Lahore , Pindi should be made separate provinces , Sindh and Balochistan KP should also be divided into smaller administrative provinces so that they are easily administrated , and ppl enjoy powers at lower level and taxes colleted could be spent on local population further more corruption could also be put to end.It will also create balance of powers between provinces.

New provinces should be made on administrative basics not on linguistic , Bahwalpur , Multan , Lahore , Pindi should be made separate provinces , Sindh and Balochistan KP should also be divided into smaller administrative provinces so that they are easily administrated , and ppl enjoy powers at lower level and taxes colleted could be spent on local population further more corruption could also be put to end.It will also create balance of powers between provinces.

Better would be removing Province from the scratch and introduce District level Administration.

Better would be removing Province from the scratch and introduce District level Administration.

It could also be an option for better administration , if politicians seriously look at it , but till now i see no such an option.

A province in south punjab is needed. Punjab is just too big for one province, it needs to be divided into 3-4 provinces. Same goes for Sindh and Balochistan. Similarly KP needs to be divided into 2 provinces. Administration would become a lot easier.

I think there is no need of doing that if we have a good government in punjab. otherwise there is no option !

I have heard that the PPP Government will be using Saraikistan Province as well as Hazara Province creation as the last weapon to complete its tenure and make voters for the next term. More over they will promise the rest of the part of people in the end to create their provinces first when they are going to be elected like the people of Potohar(Rawalpindi and adjoining areas) for POtohar Province and Karachi-Hyderabad and may be some other city for Urdu Province or Mahajir Province and may be a separate Province for FATA in the name of "Waziristan". I also agree that if they created the above provinces first(Hazara and Saraikistan) then they will complete their tenure and they will going to be elected for the next term for the other three Provinces as well. I am sure!!!!!

The condescending attitude; the self-righteousness; the intellectual, ideological and cultural imperialism; the habit of labelling others as traitors just never stops with PUNJAB.

The slogans of Islam and Pakistan are the OLD TOOLS in this game of oppression.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

All those who suggest SUPRESSING ETHNICITY must read history of 1971 before they come up with such naive, delusionally idealistic, racist and imperialistic ideas.

oyee tum log hamara bhawalpur Provence banaty ho ke nhi hum thak gay yaar kuch to rahim kero :D

i know it is a pakistani matter but a big province like punjab should be divided into at-least three parts. for ppl of many districts in punjab other province capitals are closer than lahore.

The condescending attitude; the self-righteousness; the intellectual, ideological and cultural imperialism; the habit of labelling others as traitors just never stops with PUNJAB.

The slogans of Islam and Pakistan are the OLD TOOLS in this game of oppression.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

All those who suggest SUPRESSING ETHNICITY must read history of 1971 before they come up with such naive, delusionally idealistic, racist and imperialistic ideas.

We know what happened in 1971- but this is a different matter .If u want to divide the province then change it on administrativly rather claiming it to be on the basis of ethnicity.

If u want to divide on ethnicity basis then divide whole Pakistan in to small chunk ,and Be proud of calling your self a Muslim.
Pakistan is all about unity , Faith and Discipline. so i dont see unity if u divide things up.

This all issue was created by the politicians the landlords there so that they have more to eat for themselves just like Baluchistan , where the land lord take all the money and dont give a damn about the people .If they facilitate the people then they will not be dependent on them so they have to make sure that the advantage dont get to the root level.

I am also against putting all the money in Lahore region , they should have make another city like lahore for example develop Multan on the level of lahore so that people have all the facilities in their nearest city.........They should make more schools and university there , hospitals and .

The same goes for Baluchistan , develop it and plz make sure that of so called land lords there so that people can prosper.

If Punjab should be divided on ethnic/linguistic lines, then so should Sindh (Sindhi speaking vs Urdu speaking), so should Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Pashto speaking vs Hindko speaking), and so should Balochistan (Balochi speaking vs Pashto speaking vs Makrani speaking).

I think Balochistan needs to be divided. Such a big province and such a small population. Balochistan makes upto 40% of Pakistan's total land mass but only 4% of the total population live in that huge province. Divide that huge province, and provide jobs to people from other provinces so the population can spread out and Punjab and Sindh can be less crowded.

Back
Top Bottom