What's new

Seraikistan - A New Seraiki province out of Punjab?

Are You in the favor of Saraikistan, Saraiki province

• Total voters
Any step that is taken towards the creation of new provinces on ethnic lines will spur the ethnic disharmony throughtout the country.

I think it has already happend, NWFP was changed to KP, and then Hazaras demanded their own.

Baluchistan is even bigger, divide it first !!!!!
I am not against new provinces. My view is that all division be declared provinces. But dividing only punjab shows some malign intention !!

As for this case, seems that Saraikis are looking for division of Punjab for better administration and focus on their ethinicity (apparently), however if there are such ethnic divides in Balochistan too, then why not? And why to think that your government will have malintentions against your own Punjab?

It is the same country afterall.

divide make 100 provinces but not even one on ethnicity!!! i am totally against ethnic provinces!! admistratively we need many more provinces!!

But the fact is that ethinicity is truth of life. We can very well relate it to the tribal culture where tribes are important because they are considered extended families and the first bloc of unity. In fact governance could be relatively easy with ethnic identification if that is what is being sought after. Association, whether it be lingual or ethnic should not be a cause of worry as along as there is a larger unifying cause for the people such as being a Pakistani citizen.

If by smaller provinces, even if based on ethnic outlook, the governance can improve + the dissonance in citizenry can be reduced, why not implement it? Specially when the bond of being a muslim and Pakistani will anyway keep all such entities together as a nation? They would just be happier I am sure.

I think it has already happend, NWFP was changed to KP, and then Hazaras demanded their own.

You are right to some extent Ahmed. The real force behind the demand of Hazara Province was actually PMLN and now it is facing the same problem within its own fiefdom. The majority of Hazaras are ethnic Pashtoons anyway, who happen to speak a different language.

Pakistan need more province for better management you can't good government from lahore over DG KHAN RAHIM YAR KAHN MULTAN BHAWAL PUR ,damn yesterday i read 10crrore population living under few gov officials of Lahore is BS .no one is anti punjab here ever even give this Provence same name as south punjab .

Surprised to see PML-N supporting the idea , i think its a good will gesture by Nawaz sharif, its a must the debate should be on if is what is better too make provinces based on ethnicity or they should be done on administrative grounds.

Sindhi nationalist and PPP leaders are crying out loud against division of Sindh , Same story in Baluchistan

the thing is the Prime Minister started this serayki province drama because he wished to make his son governor of seraki province become the Mians of seraki subaa! but now it is back firing because ganjaas are supporting his idea. however, in sindh no one has such selfish aims yet. but things can change very quickly. However, i personally feel hyderabad,karachi,jamshoro other areas should become a part of a new province! but strictly no ethnicity

he canot be governer for life time as soon as next election come he will kicked along with PPPPPPPPPPPPPP

As for this case, seems that Saraikis are looking for division of Punjab for better administration and focus on their ethinicity (apparently), however if there are such ethnic divides in Balochistan too, then why not? And why to think that your government will have malintentions against your own Punjab?

It is the same country afterall.

What is your take on Telangana ?

Pakistan need more province for better management you can't good government from lahore over DG KHAN RAHIM YAR KAHN MULTAN BHAWAL PUR ,damn yesterday i read 10crrore population living under few gov officials of Lahore is BS .no one is anti punjab here ever even give this Provence same name as south punjab .
This is the main Cause that some of you are actually not understanding.Imran Khan the Best:yahoo:

Why do people equate creation of new provinces to breaking of the country, I can never understand. Study the US Administrative system, all their states have different laws that have been defined and refined over the years to suit the lifestyles of those particular states. We need to abolish the current provinces that divide us on ethnic basis and adapt the American system which promotes harmony, competition and development on administrative basis and not on ethnic basis.

i think its because in usa ppl have different mindset, they dont have any problems with ethnics, and that is our biggest problem, in Pakistan most ppl care about their zaat more than the country itself.

The people of Southern Punjab are demanding for separate province of Saraikistan which is legitimate and justified demand. Punjab province is dominated by Punjabi speaking people who claimed that Saraiki is dialect of Punjabi. Upper Punjab (Lahore, Rawalpindi and adjacent areas) is the most developed part of Punjab and Southern Punjab (Multan, Bahawalpure and DG Khan and adjacent areas) is underdeveloped and backward.

Indifferent attitude of mainstream Punjabi politicians is another cause of Saraikistan demand. There are very limited job opportunities available for people in Southern Punjab due to lack of industrialization and development. Southern Punjab is considered as Cotton Belt of Pakistan but there is no textile industry in the region and all cotton produced by South Punjab is used by textile industry of Upper Punjab. Similarly, South Punjab or Saraikistan is backward area with all dependency on agriculture but there is not enough water available here for agriculture and it rendered vast tracts of agricultural land in South Punjab useless.
The list of grievances of people of Southern Punjab is very long and it is impossible to cover all in this articles. There are many mainstream politicians from Saraiki area but ironically they done nothing for this region. Presently PM of Pakistan Syed Yousif Raza Gillani himself is Saraiki, although he started many development projects in the region but all the grievances can only be addressed by making separate province of South Punjab. The biggest hurdle in the way of Saraiki Province is the Punjabi dominated establishment which is against it. Army and bureaucracy dominated by those people who are against the creation of Saraikistan. It is time to create new province of South Punjab because it will greatly help the solidarity of Pakistan. Today all other provinces are complaining against the domination of Punjab due to its size, with the creation of new province of Southern Punjab these grievances will automatically be reduced to minimum levels. The administration of such a large province of Punjab is also difficult hence with creation of new province of Southern Punjab management can also be improved. In 1905, British divided the province of Bengal because at that time due its huge size it was very difficult to manage it but Hindus agitated against it. They feared that it would end their domination on poor Muslims. Today the dominated Punjabis are against the division of Punjab because they fear that division of Punjab will end their domination of poor people of Southern Punjab. At the time of division of Bengal in 1905 who was right? And today who is right? You can deduce the conclusion by yourself.

i think its because in usa ppl have different mindset, they dont have any problems with ethnics, and that is our biggest problem, in Pakistan most ppl care about their zaat more than the country itself.

But that problem exists because we have been divided along these ethnic lines for decades, it will take a while to drown out those misplaced loyalties to Pakistan instead of ethnicities but before that happens we need to fix what is broken. We need to end this division on ethnic lines and replace it with administrative systems.

Baluchistan is even bigger, divide it first !!!!!

Baluchistan is the biggest province by size and not by population, by population Punjab holds roughly around 55% of the total population of Pakistan and it is also the most rewarded province financially. Division of Baluchistan into 3-5 smaller states or administrative regions will promote better distribution of development fund which in turn will help alleviate the feeling of isolation and negligence that is on the rise amongst the neglected population.

I am not against new provinces. My view is that all division be declared provinces. But dividing only punjab shows some malign intention !!

You misunderstand, Punjab is only the beginning. Don't you think Karachiites would demand separation from Sindh next? I just want these division to ensure harmony and long term benefit for Pakistan, I just want that the division is done to bring us close as Pakistanis and not as Punjabi/Sindhi/Pathan/Baloch etc.

Provinces should be made whereever are required . A master plan must be made with the concensus of all the major parties and more provinces should be carved on adminstrative grouns no on ethnicity. First of all sindh must be divided into karachi and some other areas as a province . hazara must be aprovince , balochinstan must be divided into two . It must not be done for the politically and administratively failed government to have some political gains .

Back
Top Bottom