What's new

SD-10 vs AIM-120 (Latest versions)

Obviously, but I didn't find other specs for the test altitude, so can't tell help you here.

ok fine . i think i have find out one more bad news about RVV AE, the only active medium range missile operational with iaf. the max range 80km is for bomber type target, for fighter class target it's 50 km only.

http://forum.keypublishing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=173069&d=1242612020
so i think we should really be upgrading our BVR missile sooner with something better.

ok fine . i think i have find out one more bad news about RVV AE, the only active medium range missile operational with iaf. the max range 80km is for bomber type target, for fighter class target it's 50 km only.

http://forum.keypublishing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=173069&d=1242612020
so i think we should really be upgrading our BVR missile sooner with something better.

How should the missile differ between target size and have different performance for them? If it has 80Km against the one, it will also have it against the other .

How should the missile differ between target size and have different performance for them? If it has 80Km against the one, it will also have it against the other .

did you check the link, the info is from Russian export agency.
about the difference may be because bomber has less maneuveriability and speed.

did you check the link, the info is from Russian export agency.
about the difference may be because bomber has less maneuveriability and speed.

Of course it is less maneuverable, but that still has nothing to do with the range of the missile, infact the target has no relation at all, only the launch platform, since launch altitude and speed can make changes.

Its equal to the Aim-120C in performance as per my sources.

Most people here will have trouble believing that.

But it's good to know that we have a sanction proof alternative for BVR missiles.

Oscar,

Are Mirage III/V and F-7 to be tested with SD10 or is it too difficult to put in with their BVR Radars?

Most people here will have trouble believing that.

But it's good to know that we have a sanction proof alternative for BVR missiles.

Oscar,

Are Mirage III/V and F-7 to be tested with SD10 or is it too difficult to put in with their BVR Radars?

IN a way that is a good thing. :angel:

And the mirage series have their own system while the F-7's are generally point interceptors.
The PG's are capable of utilizing a BVR weapon but as such they dont simply because there are less to go around and the ROSE-I series gets priority. Moreover, both P and PG pilots are trained in tactics to force a merge as soon as possible.

IN a way that is a good thing. :angel:

And the mirage series have their own system while the F-7's are generally point interceptors.
The PG's are capable of utilizing a BVR weapon but as such they dont simply because there are less to go around and the ROSE-I series gets priority. Moreover, both P and PG pilots are trained in tactics to force a merge as soon as possible.

What system does Mirage have for BVR?

And can you please explain the bolded part.

Thanks.

What system does Mirage have for BVR?

And can you please explain the bolded part.

Thanks.

That system is unnamed so to keep the participating nation free from whiny diplomacy.
It worked with the mirage ROSE's Grifo-M.

Forcing a merge means to get into the WVR range as quickly and as safely as possible.
Such a scenario is difficult if you and your adversary are at longer ranges but in the literally minutes of flight time between bases and combat areas within the Indo-Pak region.. it can actually work well.

The IAF had similar concepts for it's Mig-21 fleet.

It has to do with "No Escape Zone". Faster a target is, the smaller is the "No Escape Zone"

Any updated info about SD10 vs Aim120 after the 27th Feb results ? lot being talked about both of them but no concrete info yet.

Any updated info about SD10 vs Aim120 after the 27th Feb results ? lot being talked about both of them but no concrete info yet.

sd10a.png

@Bilal Khan 777 @messiach @Oscar

Got this screengrab from the HUD footage perhaps?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom