What's new

Scientists develop new halal meat test

Well according to the islamic principals the animal throat should be cut in a certain way and if not then that meat too will be considered haram.Is there any way to detect such a meat?

Also any indian member here please answer me "is pork in india widely available in markets"?

Not widely but is available in certain markets . Same goes for Beef . Personally i don't care about Halal/haram i try to avoid Red meat ( maybe goat/sheep once in a while) and try to maintain a diet of white meat and sea food .

Any reason why? Muslims are few in india

People develop food habits according to many factors. . .

# availability of food items

#nutrients requirements

#religious beliefs

In our case (south asians ) . . . its because of the religious believes mostly. . hindus and muslims(haram) both do not prefer pork in their diets. . . and. . . apart from that. . we have abundance of other food items. . .and. . .our geographical situation is not suitable for high fat food. . . pork is mainly consumed in lower temperature areas. . where ppl require extra amount of fat to survive . . :enjoy:

(this is my understanding. . ppl may disagree with it )

Any reason why? Muslims are few in india
because pigs are rarely taken care of properly in India, they run around near dirty and filthy places hence have association with filth. Its either eaten by lowest class or the upper rich class.

Well according to the islamic principals the animal throat should be cut in a certain way and if not then that meat too will be considered haram.Is there any way to detect such a meat?

Also any indian member here please answer me "is pork in india widely available in markets"?
Usually blood clots and the cutting of the throat itself shows....apart from that the uric acid level in meat can be tested for though this is not exact science as it can vary alot depending on the animal, its feed and the living condition as well as its treatment before slaughtering...Another method can be measuring certain hormone levels in meat but hormones are usually produced in low quantity that measuring is not easy esp if the meat is frozen....

So far no....The only that can be traceable by this method is the type of meat...

WTH?? This is just to identify mixing of the meat. For it to be halal, animal needs to be killed in one of the most brutal way possible (by slitting throat and let it bleed to death). How are they going to identify that?

Most brutal way? How one kills animal humane way retarded bhaya if not with knife.

First of all, we need to get our definitions of halal and haram meat strait. Beef or mutton, or chicken etc all are halal (permissible) irrespective of how the animal was slaughtered. Pork, meat from meat -eaters, birds that hunt using their talons etc are haram (non-permissible) irrespective of how and if they were slaughtered. Islamic way of slaughter renders animal meat zabiha, which is a level up from halal. There are few condition to qualify for zabiha. The animal must be halal (permissible), faced towards kaaba, and the person slaughtering the animal must recite Bismillah, and Allah o akbar. Now that is pretty much academic and I am REALLY skeptical if butchers follow these instructions. So if you ask me, I don't think we ever get a chance to eat true zabiha except during baqar-eid when we slaughter animals by ourselves while observing all the rituals. In a nutshell, halal is not fit to consume if it is non-zabihah.

I would like to add one more thing. When slaughtering an animal following Jewish or Islamic custom, the objective is to cut the blood supply to the brain by severing the carotid arteries, and jugular veins. Once this is done swiftly, animal should feel little pain. Quicker this process, least pain animal will endure. Hence there are instructions to use a very sharp tool.

Last edited:
First of all, we need to get our definitions of halal and haram meat strait. Beef or mutton, or chicken etc all are halal irrespective of how the animal was slaughtered.
Never heard about that.

because pigs are rarely taken care of properly in India, they run around near dirty and filthy places hence have association with filth. Its either eaten by lowest class or the upper rich class.
Pigs are filthy animals indeed i saw even non muslims avoiding pork.

Never heard about that.

Pigs are filthy animals indeed i saw even non muslims avoiding pork.
In UK they are kept in farms and not allowed to roam around in open sewers, hence no association with filth.
Pork (at least in sausage form) is very popular in UK and rest of europe.

Back
Top Bottom