What's new

School curricula: "Hate content in pakistan's textbooks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sir, it is a mistake to even use such a word or even imply such a thing.

How could he be part of vivisection of his gao mata or division of his matra bhoomi.

Those they call Muslims marauders, invaders, etc are our heroes.

Those whom they call Maleech are we the Muslims.

I wonder if you guys have read the last battle of panipat in detail. The Maratha leader while addressing his fellow leaders made fervent appeals to them and said that this is a religious war to throw the maleech out of Hindoostan. He was fighting a religious war and they now ridicule the concept of Jehad and many of us just sit down and listen.

We are two different people from two different nations and that is how we should stand. Period.

Yes we are different and no wants themselves to be identified as related to Pakistan. I am a proud Indian. Your not a part of my country, culture or anything.

Bhagat Singh already have billion admirer in India. Leave Bhagat Singh, Sher Malang was saying Pashtuns in Pakistan are ignorant of rich Pashto literature and poetry.

You have no idea about the Pushtuns and their love for this country and that is why nobody here knows who sher malang was or for that matter bhagat singh.

No sir, it is a mistake to even use such a word or even imply such a thing.

How could he be part of vivisection of his gao mata or division of his matra bhoomi.

Those they call Muslims marauders, invaders, etc are our heroes.

Those whom they call Maleech are we the Muslims.

I wonder if you guys have read the last battle of panipat in detail. The Maratha leader while addressing his fellow leaders made fervent appeals to them and said that this is a religious war to throw the maleech out of Hindoostan. He was fighting a religious war and they now ridicule the concept of Jehad and many of us just sit down and listen.

We are two different people from two different nations and that is how we should stand. Period.

That is the rivalry between India and Pakistan. What about the unprovoked hatred towards Hindus in our text books.

another third class indian sponsored express blog...
the owner of express news should be ashamed of himself for inciting hate.

Express media group is funded partially by US aid agencies, so what do you expect?

However I do agree that religious minorities should have a right to have syllabus of their own religion too., as they opt out of islamic studies.

Yes we are different and no wants themselves to be identified as related to Pakistan. I am a proud Indian. Your not a part of my country, culture or anything.

Good for you Sir as we are the current scions of and hold the cradle of Indus Civilization, which is now Muslim. Not you and thank God for that.

You have no idea about the Pushtuns and their love for this country and that is why nobody here knows who sher malang was or for that matter bhagat singh.

Sher Malang is a Pashtun PDF member from Afghanistan. So, leave Bhagat Singh, when you forgot your own Pashto poetry or literature.

That is the rivalry between India and Pakistan. What about the unprovoked hatred towards Hindus in our text books.

I didn't write the report which I quoted. The article was written by an Indian Hindu and it was he who talks about the bigotry and hatred generated through Indian school and college text books. I just quoted it when the Indians here started trashing our text books. Just see what does he say. It is in earlier posts on this thread and I have much more, all written by Indians themselves.

What have I got to do with Indian text books.

I don't hate Hindus, it is they who hate us. Go and visit some of their discussion forums and you'd be surprised, like I was. And read some of the stuff the post here.

Truthseer was telling about an incident where a Hindu guy in his class was called by his new teacher to read anti-Hindu chapter from the history book. He said that the teacher didn't know the boy was a Hindu.

I am sure the teacher would have realised his mistake now .
It is about time 180 million people realise where they stand .
Realise your mistake , condemn it and fight for it !

I hate Indians n Ill transfer my hatred to children n they will transfer mine n dere hatred to dere children...even If whole Pakistan start loving India I will still hate it...not becoz of text books but becoz I ve seen the real face of Indians here in PDF...now get out of PDF if u Indians care much about our hatred :P

Sher Malang is a Pashtun PDF member from Afghanistan. So, leave Bhagat Singh, when you forgot your own Pashto poetry or literature which defines your identity.

I don't know bhagat singh and his exploits. Why would I want to hold on to him. It was you who brought the subject and his name.

There is excellent Pushto literature and poetry here in Pakistan than Afghanistan, which is churned out in large number. Our Pushto intellectuals, writers and poets are too good. Why should I read what is written in Afghanistan, if at all something is written there.

I am sure the teacher would have realised his mistake now .
It is about time 180 million people realise where they stand .
Realise your mistake , condemn it and fight for it !

We are already doing what we have to do. 40,000 of us are dead. We don't seek your advise.

I didn't write the report which I quoted. The article was written by an Indian Hindu and it was he who talks about the bigotry and hatred generated through Indian school and college text books. I just quoted it when the Indians here started trashing our text books. Just see what does he say. It is in earlier posts on this thread and I have much more, all written by Indians themselves.

What have I got to do with Indian text books.

I don't hate Hindus, it is they who hate us. Go and visit some of their discussion forums and you'd be surprised, like I was. And read some of the stuff the post here.

Yes Indians hate us to bits, I'm on their forum right now. But there are things in the Pakistani textbooks that need to be removed, whether Indian points it out or our best friend, these spread hatred towards all Hindus, even the ones in our country.

Appendix-A

EXTRACTS ON HATE MATERIAL IN TEXTBOOK OF SOCIAL STUDIES OF 8TH CLASS

Extract from Unit No: 7: Unit Name: Ideology of Pakistan, Heading: Ideology of Pakistan

Due to Hindus majority Muslim religion and their nationality were at stake In un ited India; therefore, the

creation of Pakistan was indispensable. Sir Sayed Ahmad Khan and Allama Muhammad Iqbal presented the idea

of Pakistan; due to Hindus insolent behavior towards Muslims. Hindus believed that there lived only one nation

in the sub-continent, I-e Hindus, the other nations should merge in that, otherwise they may quit India. They held

this view since the decline of Muslim s rule in India. A number of Hindus extremist organizations i.e. “Arya

Samaj” were propagating against Muslims .Infect Hindus extremist as Hindu “Maha Saba” “Reshtria Civic Sing”

pared the way for the two nations theory. And Since th e inception of Pakistan these extremist organization are

adamant to root out Muslim from the subcontinent, Demolition of Babry mosque and the riots of Gujrat are the

clear manifestation of Hindu’s bias. Hindus nationalists are trying to wipe out not only Muslim but all

none-Hindus and due to this hegemonic behavior and policies Christian and other minorities’ was also worst

sufferer. “Shaddi” and “Sanghten” movements were started to convert all non-Hindu nations to Hinduism. The

current geo-political scenario in India resem bles, that prevailed one and ha lf a century ago. Actually these

extremist activities of Hindus, unintentionally paved the way for the creation of Pakistan movement. The Muslim

had to start movements like “Tanzeem” and “Tableegh”. Although Sir Syyed Ahmad Khan, Allama Iqbal, and

Quaid Azam were the enthusiastic champions of the Hindu Muslim unity but the prejudiced attitude of Hindus

compelled them to redress their views and they presented the idea of Pakistan (P.91).

Extract from Unit No: 7: Unit Name: Ideology of Pakistan, Heading: Freedom War 1857 to Full Freedom of

Similarly, in context of causes of the freedom war of 18 57, we argue that amongst the various European nations

that invaded the South Asia, the English were the most cunning. On account of their superb intriguing and

hypocrisy not only they dominated the other European nations but also snatched the thousand years rule from the

land of the Muslim. Though the Muslim was so de plorable but they maintain th eir freedom and suzerainty in

India, they rose against the English and waged war-against them, which is known as of freedom of 1857 (P.92).

Subheading: Freedom War 1857 to 1906

English term this war as “Ghadar” meaning “the protest” and the freedom fighters as “Baghi” meaning “the

Protestants” or Rebels. Christian mi ssionary: while preaching Christianity the priest and clergymen used to

praise Christianity and talked ill of other religions (P.93).

Subheading: Preaching of Christianity

No one could bore blasphemy against his religion. But the English officers encouraged the priests and participate

in their meeting (P.93).

Subheading: Army Causes

The salaries of other nation’s particular the Muslim were less than English solider emergency allowance was

also stopped during the war period in 1856. An act was passed for Hindustani Muslims Soldier that they could be

sent everywhere for war they needed. The discriminated law was resisted by the Muslims soldier and considered

it as blasphemy act. Similarly, the freedom war of 1857 was the reaction of the Muslims of the subcontinent

against the intrigues and hypocrisy of the English when they first stepped into the subcontinent (P.94).

Subheading: Immediate Causes

A new Rifle was introduced in 1857; which cartridges was made of blubber and first it should be cut by mouth to

be fired; In fact this was the lard of pig. The soldier who refused, they would fire (P.94).

Subheading: Revenge and Punishment

Revenge was made by the English man after the freedo m war particularly Muslim were targeted. Some English

men were so revengeful that they sew the dead body of the Muslim into the skin of the pig and threw it into the

river. Some dead bodies of Muslim were tied with m outh of the “canon” and fired, some were burned. The

Muslim women were molested and innocent children were killed. Majority of Muslim were swept from Delhi.

Only one fourth was lift there (P.95).

Subheading: Two Nations Theory

Notorious Hindus biased leader RaJ Gopal Acheria presented the separate Muslim state in the west of Sind River

after the failure of the freedom war of 1857. The Muslim becomes tyranny of the Englishmen. Due to cunning,

Hindus took dominant over Muslim (P.98).

Subheading: Foundation of Muslim League

Asian Social Science Asian Social Science Vol. 7, No. 5; May 2011

ISSN 1911-2017 E-ISSN 1911-2025 150

Province of Bengal was divided into two separate provinces its advantages went to Muslim, as the divisions were

announced the Hindu rejected it and tried to cancel the division (P.100).

Subheading: Organization of Muslim League

Election was held in 1937 in the sub continent, the province where Hindus were in majority was given the

ministries. These ministers treat Muslim very cruelly. Prejudice was ma de to the Muslim in the field of culture,

trade, religion even in Governmen t Services Hindu ruined th e rights of the Muslim everywhere. They issued

orders of saying, their national song in Muslim educ ational Institution. Hindu lead er were engaged in horse

trading of Muslim leader from Muslim League. And Hindu clearly announced that those Muslim will become the

Minister of the House who resign from the Muslim League. When Hindus became the ruler, they reject the Urdu

because of Muslims Language and adopted Hindu Language. They compelled the Muslim children to respect the

picture f Gandhi and also the worship of idols (P.104).

Appendix-B

EXTRACTS ON HATE MATERIAL IN TEXTBOOK OF PAKISTAN STUDY OF 10TH CLASS

Extract from Unit No: 1, Unit Name: Ideological Basis of Pakistan, Heading: Concept of Democracy in

Pakistan

Subheading: Ideology of Pakistan

The British damaged the Islamic values with the help of Hindus and promoted western values in sub continent.

This ill treatment greatly shocked the Muslims (P.4).

Heading: Ideology of Pakistan in the Eyes of Quaid-e-Azam and Allama-Iqbal

Subheading: Ideology of Pakistan in Quaid-Azam Views

The Muslims of South Asia realized that their national identity is at threat so they opted fo r the solution of the

problem. As for as to free from British, it was also necessary to get free from Hindus. The Hindu society was

racially segregated. A Society where low caste was to thirst for justice; how it was possible for the Muslims of

the United India (P.6).

Extract from Unit No: 2 : Unit Name: Settlement of Pakistan, Heading: Rectificational Movements,

Subheading: Aligarh Movement 1857

After the war of independence 1857 the Muslims were treated very badly in the sub continent. It directly affected

economic, religious, political and educational condition of Muslim. This was a very cru cial stage for Muslims

and for Sir Syed Ahmad Khan too (P.12).

Subheading: Two Nations Theories

This was a very crucial stage for Muslims. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan took the leadership of Muslim, Smelt a rat and

changed their own vision for the future (P.13).

Subheading: Struggle for Independence in the Provinces

After the victory in the war of independent 1857 the Biritishers treated the Muslim badly due to cruel treatment

of British, a hate and distrust have been created in the Muslims hearts and souls. Muslim wanted to set

themselves free from their clutches (P.15).

Extract from Unit No: 3: Unit Name: Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Heading: Causes for the Separation of

East Pakistan and the Role of Indian Government

In the early stage India was not in a position to compliment (recognition) Pakistan and tried his best to damage

Pakistan. India created hate in the heart of Pakistani people (P.29).

Subheading: Economic Deprivation

Ill emotion was created in the hearts of East Pakistani people against west Pakistani people in all India radio

programs (P.31).

Subheading: Army Action in East Pakistan

When Pakistan came into exist with contrast of his views; they tried his best to weak and damage Pakistan. East

Pakistani Hindu excited the inhabitant against west Pakistani people (P.31).

Subheading: Hindustani Attack

The western powers were get-together with Jews to eradicate Islam and Muslim (P.32).

There is excellent Pushto literature and poetry here in Pakistan than Afghanistan, which is churned out in large number. Our Pushto intellectuals, writers and poets are too good. Why should I read what is written in Afghanistan, if at all something is written there.
We are already doing what we have to do. 40,000 of us are dead. We don't seek your advise.

Then why you study Urdu works of the writers and poets lived in Delhi or UP or Bhopal. We don't expect you to show love for Bhagat Singh, when the people who are ashamed of their pre-Islamic past, how will they admire Bhagat Singh.

Hundreds of years of invasion of Indians. Honestly speaking they were ruled and attacked so much that they have only hate.

Again with the pseudo martial race BS. You guys just don't get tired of shamelessly seeking refuge from current realities in tales of lost grandeur.

EVEN IF, one were to buy into the story of your ancestors lording over entire the subcontinent, what does it say about the current generation (that's you and your ilk) finding it difficult to keep its sh!t together in a relatively tiny patch of land.

The word Hindu is used bcoz Hindus were in majority and very powerful after the british and did every thing to deny muslim's social rights

People - here you have it!! The twisted curricula in pakistani schools is already working its magic.

Yes Indians hate us to bits, I'm on their forum right now. But there are things in the Pakistani textbooks that need to be removed, whether Indian points it out or our best friend, these spread hatred towards all Hindus, even the ones in our country.

Sir, most of it is the correct representation of our History. Why are you ashamed of it. This is exactly how it happened. Why should we hide these facts because they look bad to Americans or some of our pseudo intellectuals.

I don't get you. What do you want to teach our children. That Mehmood Ghaznavi was an invading marauder, that Jinnah wrongly divided India, that the temple of somnath was not destroyed in battle and it was a religious bigotry, that the governor of Ranjit Singh in Peshawar would hang hundreds of Muslims at 12 or 13 gates of the city everyday just to tell them who was incharge, that only Babar was the true King and the rest were killers of Hindus and nothing else. I can go on and on.

Every country have a history, and it is the people of that country who interprets it, and not some one else sitting far outside our land and says that because there are taliban in your country and that you need to be friendly with india, therefore you should change your history because it doesn't look good or because they feel that it teaches hatred.

Let me post some more of what the indian text books say - and it is a quote from the Indian NCERT.

NCERT note to School Teachers � Indology Research Blog

5.1 Class VI: �India and the World�

The relationship between the Harappan and Vedic cultures is a matter of unresolved debate. Although it admits that there is no consensus on the issue (p. 91), the book clearly tilts towards the theory that the two cultures can be identified with each other. This is problematic.

While the Harappans may have worshipped linga-type objects, it is incorrect to say that they �worshipped Siva in the form of linga.� (p. 84). Similarly the statement on p. 90 that the Harappans worshipped the �Saptamatrikas� and �Siva lingas� is incorrect.

Some of the statements about the Rig Vedic culture are questionable, e.g. that the four varnas existed in the Early Vedic age (p. 90). There is an exaggeration of the scientific knowledge contained in the Vedas (p. 91). The statement about the status of the cow in the Vedic age (p, 89) is also questionable.

Examples of inaccurate over-glorification include a description of the Upanishads as �the works of most profound philosophy in any religion� (p. 91) and as �the greatest works of philosophy in the history of humankind� (p. 134). Similarly, on p. 58: �� Indian and Chinese civilizations are the only ones which have survived right from the time they came into existence till date�.All other early civilizations have disappeared and the present people/civilizations have no connection with the past ones.�

5.2 Class VII: India and the World

Unit II � People and Society in the Medieval World (pp.55-170)

The title of the section, �Arabian Empire� (p.73) is inappropriate. This is because it covers a large geographical area from Arabia to North Africa and includes parts of Spain and France.

Themes on science, technology, culture etc., which are discussed in the case of other civilizations, are ignored in this section. Instead, the book concentrates on the political expansion of Islam and battles fought for the faith.

While discussing South East Asia, Hindu influences are over emphasised (p.88). Buddhist and Islamic influences are thereby marginalised. This presents an incorrect view of the cultural interaction between India and South East Asia.

The invasions of Mahmud of Ghazni (p.97-98) have been presented only in terms of religious motives leaving out the political dimension (see the �old� book, p.25).

Chapters on the Delhi Sultanate and Mughal Empire emphasize an image of warfare and destruction. Phrases like �Muslim invaders� and �Muslim rule� are problematic. These phrases club together different groups like the Arabs, Turks, and Afghans, who had their own political and cultural identities. Further, not all who belonged to the ruling group were Muslims.

The book paints a rosy picture of women in ancient India. The oppression of women (in the context of sati, purdah, etc. on p. 99 and 122) is presented solely as the result of Muslim invasion and oppression. All this results in an incorrect and simplistic perspective on the relationship between gender and society.

5.4 Class IX: �Contemporary India�

There are several glaring omissions. For instance, there is no reference to the historic Karachi session of the Indian National Congress (1931), the role of Hindu communal groups, or the contribution of Sir Sayyid Ahmed Khan as a reformer and educationist. Most of the social reformers are treated casually or omitted.

5.6 Class XI: �Ancient India�

Use of incorrect and therefore confusing language: e.g., on p. 7, it is stated that �Al-Beruni also possess a well defined religious and hermeneutics awareness.� On the same page: ��Indian history became the victim of political and religious problems of Europe.� On p. 10: �Thus the fate of Indian history now got intertwined with the safety and pleasure of Christianity.� On p. 97: �Emergence of jati was very unusual but perhaps not impossible in that age.�

The book is marked by an over-glorification of certain aspects of the Indian past, especially those connected with the Vedic tradition and Hinduism. The Vedic people are given credit for various scientific discoveries actually made in much later times (p. 100).

5.7 Class XI: Medieval India

Chapter 3: �The world of Islam� is followed by �the Indian Kingdoms�- both, practically dealing with the same period i.e. around 1200. This separation shows a desire to highlight religious distinction to the exclusion of political conflict and interaction.

It is said on p. 127 that, �In the Indian context, Sufis meticulously resolved their differences with the ulema and emphasized the need to follow the Sharia�. This is erroneous for several reasons. It views ulema and Sufis as two opposing groups. This is not necessarily true as many Sufis were fine scholars (ulema). And in several well documented instances there were clear disagreements between the ulema and the Sufis.

The demarcation between two distinct phases � the �early medieval� and the �medieval� � is portrayed largely as a rigid distinction between the less harsh �Hindu rulers� of the earlier period (beginning A.D. 647) and the oppressive �Muslim rulers� of the Delhi Sultanate (beginning A.D. 1206).

5.8 Class X1I: �Modern India�

Chapter 7 (p. 136-141) on social and cultural awakening in 19th century India focuses exclusively on Hindu revival movements, without even cursory references to Islamic modernism, Parsee reawakening or other social movements, such as, among the tribals.

On chapters 6 and 7 many things are attributed to the Christian missionaries. For example, �The principal aim of the Brahmo Samaj was to eradicate the evils from the Hindu society to check the growing influence of Christianity��

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom