What's new

Saudia Arabia - before the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And could you also enlighten us on when Dubai was going bankrupt and was bailed out by someone's petrodollars?
Yes back in 2009/10 but not only petrodollars but IMF since they know Dubai can bounce back.

Last edited:
I have always wondered why the previous Muslim empires haven't bothered discovering the oils despite ruling over the Peninsula for over 1,000 years. The Ottoman empire could have done this since they only fell recently and the oil discoveries were also recent.

The British/French quickly discovered the oils when they came to the Middle East (again, very recent unlike Ottomans and others who have been ruling the entire MENA for 1,000+ years).

How did Europe did what Muslim empires could not do?

Also, do Yemen and Oman have oils? Why are these two the only undeveloped states in the Arabia but not the rest?

Last edited:
well my Pakistanis brothers we need a good leadership ...Alhumdulilah we have got everything but we have to have self respect and confidence and stop living in a complex.... Islam clearly promotes equality either u r an arab or a non arab or an an asian or a punjabi or a white british or an african from zimbabwe.. we r all equal but unfortunately we Pakistanis especially our ruling elites, muslim Punjabis of Pakistan, our army, feudals of Sindh are living in a complex and think themslves of lower class when compare to arabs and europeans . this is partly due to our ancestry like few tribes claim to b arabs and few claims to b turks and i dont say that there r facts about these tribes that one cant neglect but again dont look at the past because we r living in present ... and in present many of our muslim brothers from different race look down upon us like we r some kind of dalits...soo pls have self confidence and self respect and stop being stooge of other races under the name of religion plsss

I have always wondered why the previous Muslim empires haven't bothered discovering the oils despite ruling over the Peninsula for over 1,000 years. The Ottoman empire could have done this since they only fell recently and the oil discoveries were also recent.

The British/French quickly discovered the oils when they came to the Middle East (again, very recent unlike Ottomans and others who have been ruling the entire MENA for 1,000+ years).

How did Europe did what Muslim empires could not do?

Also, is there oils in Yemen and Oman? Why are these two the only undeveloped states in the Arabia but not the rest despite neighboring oil rich states?

Oman is underdeveloped?

:sad: then I am living in garbage. One Omani Riyal is worth PKR 268. And I liked that place.
Count units of currency, one Omani Riyal consist of 1000 units while Pakistani 100.

Same case with Kuwait.

Count units of currency, one Omani Riyal consist of 1000 units while Pakistani 100.

Same case with Kuwait.

Meaning its stronger ............ compared to Kuwait I would always prefer Oman. That place is calm,peaceful, attractive and I found it pretty much developed (according to my standards).

US even after the discovery of Oil.
circa-1930s-depression-era-farm-probably-new-england-usa-C5R49T.jpg

1.jpg

images

06e807719d15a13ebf2f56d214fee19d.jpg

BE040028.jpg

You know what I really hate. Fvckin lazy people who are sat next to Pc and Google is finger click away yet come out with brain farts that could easily be avoided if they varified their stupid claims. Here read this -

8. United Arab Emirates – 3.09 million oil barrels / day – The seven emirates that form the UAE are Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain. Despite their small size, these 7 emirates combined are responsible for producing 3.32% of the total daily production of oil in the world.

Please give a break down of the oil exports, Emirate wise.

Thank You

For your info Dubai and 5 more states minus Abu Dhabi don't have capacity to produce oil even for thier own usage only Abu Dhabi bordering KSA have large reserves of oil but Dubai buying oil from AUH on low prices and have large holding capacity but can't export this oil, only for local consumption which means zero income from oil.

Same applies to you Google and key board warriors are a mess.

I am living in UAE since my birth and know lot more than you.

My two cents :whistle:
You can't talk logic with him, he is an Iranian lover, does not need an excuse to come up with ridiculous threads.

Yes back in 2009/10 but not only petrodollars but IMF since they know Dubai can bounce back.
No IMF loans for Dubai. Abu Dhabi bought equity in ICD i.e. Invest Corp of Dubai, plus gave loans at favorable rates.

And could you also enlighten us on when Dubai was going bankrupt and was bailed out by someone's petrodollars?
Only 5% of Dubai's GDP is from oil.

Last edited:
For me what is shocking is how oil can change fate of a nation within a generation or two. From zero to hero is amazing.

You forgot to mention Arrogance

Just imagine if that oil was discovered by ottomans and money used to rebuild the caliphate army...it was GODs will
خدا گنجے کو ناخن نہیں دیتا

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom