What's new

Saudia Arabia - before the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, before the discovery of oil Saudi Arabians had founded 3 of the 11 largest empires in human history and influenced the world profoundly religiously, culturally, linguistically, militarily, architectural wise etc. Ruled much of the Muslim world for 800 years. From France in the West to China in the East. Including conquering your ancestral lands, ironically. Nobody had seen such a large empire ever. Until the very short-lived and incredibly brutal Mongol empire emerged 650 years later.

Before that the Arabian Peninsula, which is the longest inhabited area of the planet outside of East Africa, was home to some of the most ancient civilizations and oldest continuously-inhabited cities and settlements.

You have provinces and historical regions of KSA that are bigger than Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Bedouins (another word for nomadic Arabs) were almost exclusively found in Najd. All other regions of modern-day KSA be it Hijaz, Eastern Arabia or Northern Arabia were settled. Even much of Najd was settled.

I am a Hijazi Hashemite from Hijaz. A region of the Middle East and the world that is home to some of the oldest continuously inhabited cities. My ancestors were city dwellers for at least 3500 years. I and millions of other Hijazis have nothing to do with Bedouin culture.

I don't expect you to know anything about this.

Anyway in your long list of animals you forgot the most important of them all. The world famous Arabian horse (most famous and most expensive horse).

And obviously this thread is a troll thread. Do you think that photos of some black and white photos of Afro-Arabs and Bedouins taken before the foundation of modern-day KSA, in the southernmost regions of KSA (Najran) at the edge of the Rub' al-Khali (where nobody lives) is remotely representative?

The point is that nomads and village live across ALL of the Muslim world 100 years ago was almost identical everywhere. But this "portrayal" is obviously as useful as used toilet paper.

No, the House of Saud is part of the ancient (3000 years old) Anazzah tribe which is an Central Arabian tribe that is found in large numbers in Arabia, Sham and Iraq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/`Anazzah

BTW the people pictured are Afro-Arabs and from Najran which is next door to Yemen.

The Banu Lam tribe (genuine Arab members of the tribe) do not remotely look like that neither do Yemeni Arabs.

Those are members of Banu Yam:

Tall robust Arabians. Typical of the region.

They live in the southernmost of KSA.

Their genealogy (Qathanites)

So no, there is no comparison with your people nor does it change anything that I wrote.

But maybe some Pashtun historian (specifically) will claim that Pashtuns have a greater legacy than Arabs. If he is high on opium that is.

As for Yemen, this is one of the oldest civilizations on the planet and one of the most rich in terms of architecture and historical leftovers. A simple google search will confirm this. I have never seen anything remotely similar in Pashtun-Inhabited areas in either Afghanistan or Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Yemen

So no, as a people we were much greater than we are today millennia before oil and gas was discovered. In fact gas and oil has only been a curse mostly expect for some material wealth that is of no use and importance at the end of the day.

It's hilarious to see outsiders belittle Arabia and Iraq and its history and other oil rich regions of the world and pretend that history began 100 years ago in those lands that are some of the longest inhabited and most historical by far. It's a joke. Especially if it comes from people who belong to ethnic groups whose achievements (objectively speaking) cannot compare with ours. Call this arrogance or whatever but I don't care by now. I see anti-Arab nonsense too frequently not to reply in a "harsh" way". In fact I see arrogance from uninformed, biased and Arab-obsessed individuals who call 2 meter tall people for dwarfs when they are barely 1.5 meter tall themselves. You get the point.

I don't see a damn single Arab user here belittle any ethnic group or nation out of nowhere or unless provoked. So find another hobby, we don't care about your blabberings.

@Full Moon

@Khafee bro you speak Urdu or whatever language those guys will understand and I know that you are incredibly diplomatic despite the nonsense that is often aimed at Arabs by those individuals so please "take over" from now on. I simply do not care any longer and I have already written several factual and detailed posts. On a foreign forum yet thanked by Pakistanis.

I risk getting banned as previously for returning the favor from those trolls. After all I am not on some objective forum or an Arab forum but on a forum where it is assumed that those trolls, solely due to belonging to the same nationality, will logically have a greater support than those given to outsiders be they Arabs or non-Arabs.

Fact of the matter it is no damn wonder that 90% of all Arab users (from across the Arab world) have left PDF in recent years. I should too soon, I am afraid. Then let those trolls waste their lives on their nonsense here that won't change any historical ground realities or facts. Maybe they will feel better this way.

@MaMo

So I posted photos of the richest people back then. Ok. Anyway you don't know the thread starter and the history that he has with most Arab users here. I already swore on my mothers life that I have nothing against Pashtuns. Read my posts. They are long but you should read them to get the entire picture.

All I am saying is what I have written in this post and previous. This thread is by no means representative and actually laughable. I already proved this by actually posting photos of village live in various parts of KSA (mountainous regions, desert, plains etc.)

I hope that you will understand this. If not I cannot do anything. And quite frankly I don't expect Pakistanis or foreigners in general (non-Arabs and non-neighboring people) to know much about such details or even the history of Arabia and the remaining Arab world and its civilizations, as great, well-known and ancient as they are. Similarly I don't claim to be an expert on the history of the Pashtun-inhabited areas in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Nor do I go around and state the obvious by creating threads showing village life 100 years ago in some desert in Afghanistan or isolated mountain village or of people living in caves or whatever as representatives of anything.
You have been on Pashtunforums (where you were bullied, and ultimately banned permanently) and you have learnt that you can get away with Pashtun bashing on this forum. Whenever you go into argument with some Irani or a Pakistani on this forum, you start attacking Pashtuns. Some members on Pashtunforums were calling you "sand nigger", "ugly negroid" "camel" "lizard eater" etc....that was wrong but it doesnt mean you should hold the grudge against entire community because of some anonymous people on web.You were bullied by Pashtun members there because you are a fool and you were sprouting non-sense, begging to be accepted as superior being.

If its in your head that you are special because you are Arab or your ancestors did this and that, then come to your senses, fool. Ten of thousands of Prophets were from Bani Israel , they claimed superiority and today they are most hated people. The same can be the fate of Arabs if they start behaving like Bani Israel.

Last edited:
@Kaptaan Some how things are correct, because in West or US , when they address Saudi Arabia in journalist circle , they call it "Tribal Saudi Arabia " . Guess what they mean ...
Post something about Hijaz culture before or during ottoman empire. I heard alot, about the wisdom and specially poetry.

That was because we did not have Western colonialists who could built this Western technology (fairly recent one at that too) for us or in our name using cheap local slave labour as was done in South Asia during Imperial British rule. Is this a sign of pride for you? I have seen South Asians here take pride in their ancestors (grandparents etc.) serving the Brits during WW1, WW2 and other wars. Strange kind of pride.
Nor was there a need for a railroad track as KSA had a fairly strong road net for the time period and for the needs back then. Also good luck building advanced railroad tracks in a country the size of Western Europe with some of the most challenging geography (mountains and deserts) and extreme distances. A young country that was a confederation of previous states, often competing, that came together after 1 challenger became supreme (Al-Saud) after 30 years of internal war, although small-scale conflicts.

Also this is factually wrong. The Hijazi Railway (German engineering) would disagree with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hejaz_Railway

Islamic Universities have existed since Islam emerged in modern-day KSA and in pre-Islamic times as well (if you knew your Islamic history you would realize that this is even mentioned specifically in many Islamic sources) although they taught religion mostly but non-religious suspects were also taught in every single one of them.

The first Western university that is. In Iran next door the first Western university was built in 1934. Barely 23 years earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tehran

Could it have something to do with KSA and Iran not being Western colonies?

That is your problem. Maybe a visit to this thread below would open your eyes or if you took a look at some of my previous posts in this thread.

https://defence.pk/threads/saudi-arabia-in-pictures.222471/page-89

https://defence.pk/threads/the-arabian-peninsula-and-arab-world-in-photos.280918/page-48

BTW speaking about universities did you know that an Arab women originally from Hijaz (modern-day KSA) built the first university in the world (according to Guinness World Records) in Morocco?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatima_al-Fihri

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Al_Quaraouiyine

"The University of al-Qarawiyyin, also written Al Quaraouiyine or Al-Karaouine (Arabic: جامعة القرويين‎‎; Berber: ⵜⵉⵎⵣⴳⵉⴷⴰ ⵏ ⵍⵇⴰⵕⴰⵡⵉⵢⵢⵉⵏ; French: Université Al Quaraouiyine), is a university located in Fes, Morocco. It is the oldest existing, continually operating and the first degree awarding educational institution in the world according to UNESCO and Guinness World Records[5][6] and is sometimes referred to as the oldest university.[7]"

So if the Brits had chosen to conquer KSA/Iran at the same time that they conquered South Asia, we could take "pride" in what many of you seem to take pride in. Got it?

Calm down buddy, not here to hurt your Saudi ego. I just never saw any picture beyond camels and tents. I remember seeing a video on the youtube about oil discovery in Saudi Arabia. The oil explorers where literally travelling on the camels and on the horses from site to site as the road networks were almost non existent.

Here is a link to that,

If you are in possession of some awesome pics that describes Saudi Arabia as we don't know it that would be pretty awesome.

"If the Arabs had the choice between two states, secular & religious, they'd vote for the religious & flee to the secular"

-Ali Al-Wardi

If you are in possession of some awesome pics that describes Saudi Arabia as we don't know it that would be pretty awesome.

Yet to see such utopian pics of Saudi Arabia prior to the discovery of oil.. I mean such a progressive and rich society surely would have had camera's i presume.. :coffee:

Last edited:
"If the Arabs had the choice between two states, secular & religious, they'd vote for the religious & flee to the secular"

-Ali Al-Wardi
Same could apply to Iran, Pakistan and any other nation minus the Scandinavian.

Pardon me but I'm not liking this thread where two great muslim races are belittling each other to prove their history greater than other one .

Both arabs and Pashtuns have great history , . There's no need to fight on these issues .

Come on brothers , islam is free of such racism .

ooo is this thread about saudia before oil or saudis vs bangalis and pashtuns??

Pardon me but I'm not liking this thread where two great muslim races are belittling each other to prove their history greater than other one .

Both arabs and Pashtuns have great history , . There's no need to fight on these issues .

Come on brothers , islam is free of such racism .

pls pls pls dont bring in muslim brotherhood ...it is no more there ..but alive in our Pakistani heads and we have to move on ... arabs are more racists than u see over here but some are nice ... but as i said some only some .. and many of them see other non arab muslims as dalits of muslim world ...

@Saif al-Arab
Kaptaan is a self proclaimed Iran lover, you can't talk sense with him. He gets cornered some where, boom he opens a thread to belittle people. All the way from the rickshaw pullers in Calcutta to Morocco, he'll find something to belittle people, that his nature. Don't let him and other haters drag you down to their level, you have no one to answer, except your conscience, and your Lord. Ignore them, move on. The sane members are more, but they rarely raise their voices, hence you see more lunatics running around on this forum.

You might be interested to know that the great chest thumper speaks poorer Urdu than I do. What does that tell you?

@Horus
Hazrat, Nazar e Karam faramaiyae, is nayab thread pay.

Last edited:
@Saif al-Arab When some one throws stones at you, throw flowers back. Short of gifting him naswar, here is something you could dedicate to @Kaptaan Pathans really love this singer:D

Lol does he eats naswar? ? : D

Wese he's not worthy of blame actually , arabs have also been quite arrogant with us which doesn't suit them as head of muslims . Arabs should also look forward to unite muslim ummah .

I look forward to summers, I am wise man and like to plan ahead. :p:

Drinking ....... well two cups of green tea everyday .............. heard its good, but some say it dries you. :undecided:
It helps you to loose weight . It doesn't have any side effects don't worry , along with losing weight green tea helps your digestive system too . It has many vitamins .
Two cups a day is sufficient but not for pregnant and fragile ones .

My father studied Allama Iqbal was a very big fan of his, and spoke much better Urdu than me. We even had a summer home in Karachi up till '89 in Clifton.

Most Emiratis speak decent Urdu.

AGREED especially the Dubai side. :enjoy:

My father studied Allama Iqbal was a very big fan of his, and spoke much better Urdu than me. We even had a summer home in Karachi up till '89 in Clifton.

Most Emiratis speak decent Urdu.

Yeah we call them "Naswar Nishta," It's our code to stay away from a naswar deprived pathan.

You are right i came to know this when i was there..That's great your father must have known better urdu then..This is first time i come across some arab known about Allama Iqbal:enjoy:..But how did you learn urdu because of father ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom