What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

@Al-Andalus Can you post latest and good quality pictures of Masjid e Nabwi and Khana Kaba I have already saved the pictures which you have already posted on this thread I am asking for new pictures. Also if other members can post them

@Saif al-Arab

This thread surely changes my view about Saudia if you look Saudia in Map you only see a desert zone and that is how world media portrays Saudia as unfortunately "Desert" with no diverse landescape and places to see

But based on the variety of the things to do and watch and explore , Saudia is a heaven for Tourist if they can ever tap in to that potential they won't have to tax anyone and generate billions from Tourism industry

I will admit I never know that Saudia had this much green zones or diversity.

I know some what about the "SPARKLING" shores and beaches due to almost no human activity

I wish there were Tourist expedition concept where a traveller would be taken thru all major areas of interest over 20-30 days of adventure

CvZY5hsXEAAmw5k.jpg:large

C0EOgSkWIAE34wk.jpg

Father walking his children to school in the beautiful Al-Faifa mountains.

C0LVA1UXEAAF2KJ.jpg:large

Ancient rock art in Hijaz (Egyptian hieroglyph inscription, one of the few found outside of Egypt)

Cy-Sn0zW8AAQ_iP.jpg:large

Cy-Sn0xWgAAo807.jpg:large

Over 4000 years old.

CzndHiPWEAAZNTx.jpg:large

Cy2xtaHXAAEPaQd.jpg:large

Al Wadj Bank, Saudi Arabia (NASA, International Space Station Science, 12/30/07) by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, on Flickr

فرسان
by Jazan Know, on Flickr

development-3.jpg

486406971_e6598b2c2b_o.jpg

Tabuk area منطقة تبوك by tabuk تبوك, on Flickr

wssr37.jpg

24c8r5j.jpg

jrcq5l.jpg

14ni5xk.jpg

There are almost 2000 islands in KSA. The vast, vast majority are uninhabited. Most are found in Western KSA along the tropical Red Sea coastline which is the northernmost tropical sea in the world.

In recent years several new volcanic islands have emerged in the Red Sea due to volcanic eruptions. More specifically in the waters close to KSA and Yemen. Most recently last year.

This video is 5 years old.

It's quite amazing really.

KAUST wrote a paper on the subject not long ago.

Plate separation births two volcanic islands | KAUST Discovery

Another article from another source.

Birth of two volcanic islands in the southern Red Sea : Nature Communications : Nature Publishing Group

Speaking about volcanoes, KSA is home to numerous extinct volcanoes. Western KSA in particular probably has more than any other MENA region.

@Al-Andalus Can you post latest and good quality pictures of Masjid e Nabwi and Khana Kaba I have already saved the pictures which you have already posted on this thread I am asking for new pictures. Also if other members can post them

@Saif al-Arab

I will try to see what I can do.

Those are some of the most photographed places on earth.

I can recommend this page below:

https://www.flickr.com

Also use social media such as Instagram and Twitter. Every 5 minutes you can find new photos.

Check this Twitter out:

https://twitter.com/ReasahAlharmain

This thread surely changes my view about Saudia if you look Saudia in Map you only see a desert zone and that is how world media portrays Saudia as unfortunately "Desert" with no diverse landescape and places to see

But based on the variety of the things to do and watch and explore , Saudia is a heaven for Tourist if they can ever tap in to that potential they won't have to tax anyone and generate billions from Tourism industry

I will admit I never know that Saudia had this much green zones or diversity.

I know some what about the "SPARKLING" shores and beaches due to almost no human activity

I wish there were Tourist expedition concept where a traveller would be taken thru all major areas of interest over 20-30 days of adventure

KSA is the 12th largest country on the planet. Half the size of Europe alone. You can find almost every single landscape type in KSA as this thread clearly demonstrates.

As for tourism, KSA is already among the top 15 most visited countries on the planet (mostly due to religious tourism) despite having one of the most harsh visa laws and no real international tourism sector of worth. That will change in the near future and I predict that KSA will easily reach the top 10 within 1 decade. The goal should be top 5 in the world, if not 3.

Last edited:

@Saif al-Arab
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

9728656.png
Expansion of Masjid an Nabawwi over the aeons

5913863048_ab074c4e6c_b.jpg
Construction Site of Masjid an Nabawwi - Artist's Rendering

1686379.png

Masjid an Nabawwi and Nabi SAW's house during Nabi SAW's time - Artist's Rendering

saudi-arabia-1730s-islam-mecca.-fine-folio-antique-print.-picart-[2]-13961-p.jpg

Masjid al Haraam 1730s - Artist's Rendering

Kaaba-Old-Photos-Masjid-al-Haram-and-Kaaba-during-1941-floods-Mecca-Makkah-Rare-old-Pictures.jpg

Masjid al Haraam - 1941 Floods

old_kaaba_photo.jpg

a-rare-picture-of-kaaba.jpg

photos-of-mecca-makkah-kaaba-in-1971-old-and-rare-photos-pictures-images-of-mecca-makkah.jpg

Masjid al Haraam 1971

Beach in Jazan:

56dc8455c02e1.jpg

56dc84624299e.jpg

56dc84631a990.jpg

56dc845eb2047.jpg

The potential for tourism in KSA is astonishing. A potential diamond mine that should be explored ASAP. There are simply no excuses any longer for not doing so.

Dosariyah castle:

There are 100's of forts and castles in KSA (let alone Arabia as a whole) but sadly some of them are in a bad state and in need of repair. However in recent years more attention has been given to such heritage and much restoration work has occurred. As for instance the Dosariyah castle.

Last edited:
Some excellent photos of the proud Bedouins of the Rub' al-Khali. One of the most ancient of peoples. Some photos are 40-35 years old photos.

zlvyhe.jpg

rtf3f7.jpg

24qskyu.jpg

Amazing portraits.

It is said that Bedouin hospitality is second to none in this world. It is famed across the world and has been romanticized in movies, poems, songs etc. Both in the Arab world and elsewhere. They are sometimes blamed for some ills but by heart they are lovely people.

Bedouins are also great musicians, story tellers, poets, comedians and artists. Also famed warriors. One of the best in history. They formed the backbone of many Islamic armies throughout the ages.

Also an interesting thing that I have noticed is that quite a few Bedouins in Arabia have red/reddish/ginger hair which is almost unheard of among any other people in Arabia. Where this comes from I have no idea.

Another thing is that many non-Bedouin Arabs and foreigners seem to insult Bedouins frequently which I do not understand why as I am sure that they have never met any.

They are also one of the biggest survivors of this world that live in a very harsh environment. Their lifestyle is dying out but I hope that at least some will survive in let's say 50 years of time from now on.

In KSA very few are left and those who are left, very, very few of them, are "real" Bedouins. Nowadays many engage in farming and cattle work. They love pickup trucks too, LOL.

Anyway even to this day many Saudi Arabians, especially from Najd, like to go on desert safaris and picnics in the weekend.

Last edited:
Hail City which is a main city in the north side of Saudi Arabia and it's the home of the famous generous Arabian man Hatim Al-Tai.

15043781_1788891388033811_8056198641053859840_n.jpg

As seen in the picture two main mosques which one of them was built in Najdi style and the other was built in Ottoman/Hijazi style

15114180598_01df0a25b7_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom