What's new

Samsung News and Updates

Define for me what is "communist VN". I'm not sure what you mean by these two words.

So are you saying China hasn't been pushing too hard yet? If China hasn't been pushing too hard yet then why are you complaining about China being aggressive, theives, etc?

Why does the VN govt officials keep complaining about Chinese actions? why do they need to spend a lot of money on military weapons when other civilian projects need more funding?

If you say VN needs to spend money on weapons for backup against China, doesn't this mean that China has been pushing too hard? If you desparately need money to fund civilian projects but instead spend it on military equipments because of the Chinese threats, doesn't this mean that China has been pushing too hard and is too threatening?

Or are you saying that there are no Chinese threats and so buying military equipments is just for fun?

So you need to make up your mind... Has China pushed too hard and has become a threat to VN?

If yes, then China indeed has pushed too hard.

If no, then stop complaining about the SCS dispute/China being aggressive, and spend the money on something more important.

VietNam's "balancing game" is currently not working. You are currently getting no major help from neither China nor the US. And VN is spending money on military equipments while infrastructures are underdeveloped, which means that VN cannot become industrialised. So obviously this "balanced relationship" thing is not working for VN.
Communist VN means we r communist country and use different political system wt US,and US dont like communist VN coz we dont listen to them like JP-SK-TW-Sing etc.

If we dont complain China loudly, then China will take a chance and demonize VN again like in 1979. So, it'd better for us to demonize them first, its all abt politics, thats all :pop:

Many Viet members here argue that using low cost Chinese machinery cost/harm Viet business more in the long run. I remember someone posting articles about such machinery breaking down and the manufactuer won't keep their obligation in servicing them, etc.

And relying on China is not necessary for development. Singapore, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, etc, did not rely on China during their early development phase.

Yes, Chinese product is bad and unreliable and yet those idiot import China product on large scale? Mind you, those imported are finished/ component product and not raw material. For example of India, you see the biased indian forumer complaint of China products and yet. They import most of 28billions of China product in 2013.

India's trade: full list of exports, imports and partner countries | News | theguardian.com

Korea , Singapore, taiwan are riding on the growth of western industrialisation in the past. But this western engine is no more that productive and almost reaching its limit for growth. Vietnam needs a powerful and vibrate industrial for growth and this giant is China whose growth are powering the global trade growth. Vietnam as a developed country has limited choice but tied to China for growth.

How about you compare to what western package tied too? If its such a bad deal. Vietnam would not join the China bank too,right?

Joining it is one thing. Taking out a loan, during a heated dispute with China, is another thing. That would be the real test whether there are any strings attached or not.

As I've mentioned, the brief skirmish between China and the Philippines/Japan shows that there are strings attached to Chinese loans/trade.

When two countries have an ongoing dispute, obviously each party will use any leverage it can to help itself win the dispute. It's normal.

VietNam has an ongoing dispute with China, and attaching strings on loans/trade is a tool to leverage against VietNam. It's simple as that. The West can and do put strings on their loans/trade, but VietNam doesn't have any dispute with the West.

So for some countries, like African countries that has no dispute with China, there will be less strings attached to Chinese loans/trade. But for countries like VN and the Philippines, there will definitely be more strings attached.

Yes, Chinese product is bad and unreliable and yet those idiot import China product on large scale? Mind you, those imported are finished/ component product and not raw material. For example of India, you see the biased indian forumer complaint of China products and yet. They import most of 28billions of China product in 2013.

India's trade: full list of exports, imports and partner countries | News | theguardian.com

Korea , Singapore, taiwan are riding on the growth of western industrialisation in the past. But this western engine is no more that productive and almost reaching its limit for growth. Vietnam needs a powerful and vibrate industrial for growth and this giant is China whose growth are powering the global trade growth. Vietnam as a developed country has limited choice but tied to China for growth.

No they are not

Joining it is one thing. Taking out a loan, during a heated dispute with China, is another thing. That would be the real test whether there are any strings attached or not.

As I've mentioned, the brief skirmish between China and the Philippines/Japan shows that there are strings attached to Chinese loans/trade.

When two countries have an ongoing dispute, obviously each party will use any leverage it can to help itself win the dispute. It's normal.

VietNam has an ongoing dispute with China, and attaching strings on loans/trade is a tool to leverage against VietNam. It's simple as that. The West can and do put strings on their loans/trade, but VietNam doesn't have any dispute with the West.

So for some countries, like African countries that has no dispute with China, there will be less strings attached to Chinese loans/trade. But for countries like VN and the Philippines, there will definitely be more strings attached.

Exactly the more Vietnam gets depended on China the more they can arm twist you

Last edited:
Communist VN means we r communist country and use different political system wt US

I still don't get it. When you say "communist VN," are you referring to the actual people like you and other Viet people? or are you referring to a political ideology that people believe in?

and US dont like communist VN coz we dont listen to them like JP-SK-TW-Sing etc.

So are you saying that VN now is better than Singapore? then why is VietNam begging Singapore and the others for investments and loans? Why do Vietnamese people envy the development level of Singapore and Japan? why does Vietnamese students dream about going to these countries to study and work?
Why does Vietnam dream about becoming like Singapore? but I've never seen any Singaporean dream about having the "freedom" like VN.

If we dont complain China loudly, then China will take a chance and demonize VN again like in 1979. So, it'd better for us to demonize them first, its all abt politics, thats all :pop:

But you haven't answered my question. I said right now, Vietnam has no hope to become an industrialised/developed country without help from outside. And the recent VN economic data has shown this. VN needs help from either the US/west or China. But right now, because of your "balance relationship", both the US or China will not fully help you. You must pick one side.

Or are you saying that having this current "balanced relationship" and staying poor and weak is better than becoming a developed country? are you saying it's better to stay poor and spend money on military equipments while the civilian infrastructures are underdeveloped?

How about you compare to what western package tied too? If its such a bad deal. Vietnam would not join the China bank too,right?
well, until now we get most of the money for our economy and people from "evil" american and japan controlled banks as world bank or asian development bank. we will see how the new established china controlled bank operates. if you link loans to political concessions. I am not much optimistic.

as I said, china has trillions of dollar, but your investment and capital flown to vietnam are very little and until recently virtually non-existent. why would china government change its hostile attitude all of the sudden?

Last edited:
But this western engine is no more that productive and almost reaching its limit for growth.

The US and west still has a bigger economy than China and is still a big market for VietNam.

Vietnam needs a powerful and vibrate industrial for growth and this giant is China whose growth are powering the global trade growth. Vietnam as a developed country has limited choice but tied to China for growth.

VietNam cannot rely on China simply because both countries are hostile to each other. It's simple as that.

As long as both VN and China has the dispute in the SCS, then VN cannot depend on China as a reliable partner since both are enemies. Since both countries will never give up its claim, the dispute will remain forever. VN relying on China is not possible, one cannot rely on an enemy.

if you step back and look at the history of china policy toward vietnam in the last 1,000 years, you will see most of the times, the chinese think days and nights how they can harm vietnam, destroy our country and kill our people. the short episode during the cold war, when china supported north vietnam, was the exception to the rule.

they are big and their mind is dark.

The US and west still has a bigger economy than China and is still a big market for VietNam.

You mention bigger economy but you miss the point of room for growth. China still has plenty of area for growth and its is this dynamic room for growth and will ride many other countries of benefit too.

VietNam cannot rely on China simply because both countries are hostile to each other. It's simple as that.

As long as both VN and China has the dispute in the SCS, then VN cannot depend on China as a reliable partner since both are enemies. Since both countries will never give up its claim, the dispute will remain forever. VN relying on China is not possible, one cannot rely on an enemy.

Sometimes, small country need to be practical and choose what is best for a country due to certain limitation. A choice that may make it loses something but gain something even bigger in long run. You can't expect eating the whole pie without giving out something in return, right?

if you step back and look at the history of china policy toward vietnam in the last 1,000 years, you will see most of the times, the chinese think days and nights how they can harm vietnam, destroy our country and kill our people. the short episode during the cold war, when china supported north vietnam, was the exception to the rule.

they are big and their mind is dark.

Its undeniable that VN and China has always been hostile to each other, as blood enemies. While some people speak about Chinese contribution during the 1000 years, they ignore the fact that the han forced VN to pay tribute to China, to force the Viet officials to get on their knees and bow down to the han Emperor.

The "friendship" years during 1940-70 was not a true friendship. Like everyone else, China was "aiding" VN for their own interest while attaching strings to those "aid." China demanded VN to again fully submit under its sphere. But of course, the Soviet was playing the same game and it didnt turn out like what chairman mao wanted.

There was peace between 1990-2000 but thats because both VN and China were poor and needed to work on their economy.

Now that China is more developed, more rich and more stronger, VN cannot expect peace from China anymore. All the recent incidents has proven that. It's silly to think that one can play the balancing game with a much bigger and stronger enemy that has bad intention for one's country. VN is no longer in that position to balance.

It's time for VN and China to make a full separation.

Sometimes, small country need to be practical and choose what is best for a country due to certain limitation. A choice that may make it loses something but gain something even bigger in long run. You can't expect eating the whole pie without giving out something in return, right?

That's what I've been saying. VN cannot eat the whole pie without giving something in return.

Right now, VN cannot become fully developed/industrialise on its own. At its current growth rate, VN can never become a developed country within the next 80 years. VN needs help from outside, either from China or the US/west.

If VN wants help from China, then VN must give up its claim in the SCS. But just like China, VN cannot give up it's SCS claim so that means VN can never rely on China to grow.

The only other option is to rely on the US/West and become like Singapore or SK.

So VN has 3 options, to remain weak and poor as it is, vulnerable without any real allies. Or choose either the US or China and become industrialised/developed.

I still don't get it. When you say "communist VN," are you referring to the actual people like you and other Viet people? or are you referring to a political ideology that people believe in?

So are you saying that VN now is better than Singapore? then why is VietNam begging Singapore and the others for investments and loans? Why do Vietnamese people envy the development level of Singapore and Japan? why does Vietnamese students dream about going to these countries to study and work?
Why does Vietnam dream about becoming like Singapore? but I've never seen any Singaporean dream about having the "freedom" like VN.
?
Communist VN refer to VN current regime, and the VN leaders think they will be the next target of US when China collapse, so, they try to keep a balance relationship wt both US-China.

I always use the fable 'The Wolf and the house Dog' to refer VN (wolf) and Sing-SK-JP-TW etc (house dogs). The gaunted wolf look bad-skinny when the house dogs look fat , but which one do u respect ?? What happen to those fat house dogs when their boss die ??

And some VNese want to have a 'good life' like JPese-SKorean-TW is just like some gaunted wolfs want to have good food like house dogs, thats normal.
But you haven't answered my question. I said right now, Vietnam has no hope to become an industrialised/developed country without help from outside. And the recent VN economic data has shown this. VN needs help from either the US/west or China. But right now, because of your "balance relationship", both the US or China will not fully help you. You must pick one side.

Or are you saying that having this current "balanced relationship" and staying poor and weak is better than becoming a developed country? are you saying it's better to stay poor and spend money on military equipments while the civilian infrastructures are underdeveloped
U know why I keep saying abt unifying Sub-Mekong region wt the help of France-Russia or evn India ?? Bcz I know the policy to keep the relationship in balance wont work in long term, and soon VN Govt. have to think again abt the plan to unify sub-Mekong region to become stronger soon.

Pls note that we tried to unify sub-Mekong region in 1979, but failed due to many reasons. " Small & oppressed nations need help from Big & friendly nations to free from being bullied and exploited " thats what Karl Marx said. We need help from big & friendly nations like Russia-France-India to unify sub-Mekong region to be strong enough to counter US and China's threat

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying. VN cannot eat the whole pie without giving something in return.

Right now, VN cannot become fully developed/industrialise on its own. At its current growth rate, VN can never become a developed country within the next 80 years. VN needs help from outside, either from China or the US/west.

If VN wants help from China, then VN must give up its claim in the SCS. But just like China, VN cannot give up it's SCS claim so that means VN can never rely on China to grow.

The only other option is to rely on the US/West and become like Singapore or SK.

So VN has 3 options, to remain weak and poor as it is, vulnerable without any real allies. Or choose either the US or China and become industrialised/developed.
I´m afraid you are wrong as you are overlooking some important pieces on the chess board: russia, japan, india, france, israel, etc...the world does not consist only of america and china.

for the most of our history, we had been long a military and naval power, hardly need both china, america. have I told you our navy successfully invaded southern china or planned to attack hainan island with 3,000 warships? as for economics, hanoi had been a modern capital when singapore or jakarka or elsewhere other capitals in southeast asia were nothing more than swampland.

Last edited:
OMG! I've just come across a CRS report that clearly indicates that US intel do keep an eye on PDF!!

And I'm not talking about agents that lurk around here to keep an eye on any potential muslim terrorist recruiters, but intel guys keeping an eye on things other than Muslim extremism or Pakistan.

I mean, it is totally expected for US govt Intel to keep an eye out on forums like PDF for extremist recruiters, but I've never expected them to lurk around on other non-muslim/non-pakistani related topics.

Here's one example from a CRS report:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/nuke/R42539.pdf

Look carefully on page 17!!! :o::o::o:

I used to doubt @Martian2, but now I think he might be onto something not really far off.

@ChineseTiger1986 @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio
Another one bites the dust...Meaning he got you suckered, pal. What he posted have been public info for yrs.

Samsung didn't come alone to Bac Ninh and Thai Nguyen.
There're many Korean and other come along.
Similar to any industrial parks invested by Japanese companies - hundreds in quantity.

I, myself, sometimes contacted by Chinese traders who search the chance to provide Samsung satellite companies by Chinese components. But now it's over, Vietnam authority start to control carefully imports from China, especially contraband.
-----------
China may hate TPP, but Chinese, Taiwanese, Hongkong businessmen chosen Vietnam as the new destination for their ongoing investments to make textile from yarn.

Just google it, and you could find the truth as I said.
please allow me remind that, all because the low-paid labors.

In other hand, In China, we prefer to use more and more robots to instead of labors, and income of ppl are rising.

Whatever, goods VN produced will be sent back to China, for local market and delivery to every corner of the world.

vietnam is at the begin of building up a domestic supply chain. in some years, more money will remain in the country.
I think China was 10 years ago of much difference, wasn´t it?
quite different from China, would you say other counties has 100% good willing to VN after they tasted the sudden economical growth of China?
So, the future VN faces would be much harder than China did.
Anyway, hope there's less hostility between our ppl.

Back
Top Bottom