What's new

Russian and Turkish Defence Delegations arrive in Islamabad

We conquered Istanbul and ended the millennia old Roman rule in Europe. We don't get colonized we rule
well that can be one way of looking at things :P
However by that rule, we (Pakistan/India) also made the British leave us. That way we were not colonized either :P
Unfortunately this do not changes the fact that our regions were colonized by foreign forces, just like Turkey was. Anyway, why is it important? We are all free states now and i just hope we can all work together for a better future and a peacufl world. :)
On a side note, i love Turkey and am happy for anything good for Turkey but that wont make me accept what i know to be wrong. I had to point this out. No offense intended!

were colonized by foreign forces, just like Turkey was.
Can you specifically tell me when Turkey was colonized? Turkey has no colonial legacy. There are two countries in Asia with no colonial legacy, that is Turkey and Japan.

Both Russian and Turkish officials to be in Islamabad at the same time is very interesting development. Wont be surprised if Islamabad is playing behind the scene role in cooling the temperature between the two.

Turkey meat specially the way they roast in USA .. is the among the worst dishes ever.. i am sure cardboard will taste better!

Really? Have you tried that? It looks very appetizing and presentable though.

Can you specifically tell me when Turkey was colonized? Turkey has no colonial legacy. There are two countries in Asia with no colonial legacy, that is Turkey and Japan.

Hmmm.. Nepal, Thailand, Bhutan, Greater China (Except Manchuria and HK, Macau etc)

Hmmm.. Nepal, Thailand, Bhutan, Greater China (Except Manchuria and HK, Macau etc)
I give it to you Thailand. But China was colonized. China's important parts were colonized. The rest is small unimportant countries the West wasnt interested in.

I give it to you Thailand. But China was colonized. China's important parts were colonized. The rest is small unimportant countries the West wasnt interested in.

On the contrary, Manchuria was the only significant area that was held by Japan for a short period of time, But the greater part of China never was, Because it was just too big of a landmass to be colonized.. Hong Kong and Macau though strategic was tiny as far as real estate goes

Actually neither was Iran (Persia) except for the British interest in Balochistan via current day Pakistan, No colonial power held sway in Persia

Turkey and Russia may be visiting Islamabad for defense agreements... but it doesn't cost them anything if they try to amend their ties, especially while a catalyst i.e Pakistan is available for free...which isn't exploiting the situation for any political gains...
They can hit two birds with one stone...

Sir i just pointed out the Roman rule and asked if you think that was not colonization? If so then why?
You gave one logic and i have already replied to that.

I give it to you Thailand. But China was colonized. China's important parts were colonized. The rest is small unimportant countries the West wasn't interested in.
But by your logic of how Turkey was not colonized by Romans, the Chinese also made the Japs leave there country. Still that do not stops you from saying that China was colonized. Fact remains that foreign forces did rules over these lands!

Pakistan is only amending ties which broke due to Turkey's shooting down of Russian plane in order to please US...but the sanctions imposed by Russia are damaging Turkey's economy beyond what they had expected...

I wish the sanctions last because now i can buy turkish lemons four for a riyal..right at the corner shop..
before it was only possible to buy them at super market and they cost 12 riyal a kilo...

Sir i just pointed out the Roman rule and asked if you think that was not colonization? If so then why?
You gave one logic and i have already replied to that.
Ok then you need to update your history of Turkey before claiming Turkey has a colonial legacy. Turks came to Anatolia from the steppes of Altai mountain in the 11th century. We (seljuk turks) penetrated Armenia and entered Anatolia in mid 11th century. Seljuks defeated the chrisitan armies in almost all our battles in Anatolia. The most important blow to Roman presence was dealt in 1071 in battle of Malazgirt, 20.000 Turks defeated the 70.000 holy roman army consisting of Frankish, English, Norman, Georgian, Armenian, Bulgarian and so on.

From then on is history, we Turkified Anatolia and conquered all Roman cities in modern Turkey. The successor to Seljuk Empire, the Ottoman Empire, conquered the Roman Empires capital Constantinople in 1453 and ended the world's longest reigning empire.
Neither Ottoman Empire nor Turkey, the successor to the Empire has ever been colonized.

But by your logic of how Turkey was not colonized by Romans, the Chinese also made the Japs leave there country.
We haven't "reclaimed" any land. Those lands belonged to the Romans and we conquered those cities from the 11th century till today. You must understand Turks came to Anatolia (modern Turkey) from north Asia in the 11th century and conquered these lands. Since then those lands have belonged to us

Back
Top Bottom