What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You remember the Battle of Fallujah? That was a city of 275K.

Kiev is a city of 3M. A lot of Russians are going to die.
Fallujah the people were determined to fight and weren’t scared of death. It depends how willing the residents of kyiv are to fight. If they are determined to defend kyiv they can make battle of fallujah look like a joke. But Russian would turn kyiv into Grozny 2.0 then.

No my friend. Even the United States, with twice (and a growing) population than Russia and being a Super Power doesn't see to territorial expansions. Russia, under the USSR and maybe under the Imperial Czar empire, had their day in the sun. At best Russia can remain a sovereign, prosperous and powerful state in the land to the west of the Urals.

Well, if you take a map of Russia, from say year 2000 and a map of Russia now, you will see that it has grown larger at the expense of its neighbours.

USAF Global Hawk UAV can be seen here in the skies above the Black Sea.
1645832740795.png

Certain bits of information are important to remember.

Ukraine population VOTED by 70% in multi party elections that brought Volodymyr Zelenskyy to power.

7 out of ten people in Russia are against this invasion.

9 out of 10 people in Russia are against support for the breakaway Donetsk and Luhansk regions

The Elite capture of Russia by the extremely rich Oligarch's bears no resemblance to the Soviet Union and is not underpinned by any ideology except that of personal aggrandizement and the absolute love of power.

By the way Volodymyr Zelenskyy whom Putin calls a Nazi is a Jewish comedian elected to get rid if corruption and a responsive government.
Source? Or did you pull this info out of your ***?

I couldnt care less what someone calls me on a anonymous forum. Adjectives normally come into motion where good enough arguments are lacking. For all i know you could be a dement old guy like Biden.
Except based on my participation so far, everyone can tell I am coherent in written speech.

I have been in the Norgwegian Army myself. Not anything to brag about. Force is for me always the final option, after all other options has been tried first.
As long as you sacrificed a portion of your productive young yrs in uniform, respect for that sacrifice is universal and transcends borders among those who served. But for those who actually served, we know the final result of force: death. As such, it is usually people like us who want force to be the last resort.

Lets just say Cuba wasnt given the freedom to choose to have Soviet missiles in their soil. That for a good reason too. Why Americans cannot allow Russia the same courtesy is for me a mystery.
Again, I refer you back to the 1994 Budapest Agreement where the US, the UK, and Russia persuaded Ukraine to give up 1700 nuclear warheads, and Ukraine agreed. Is that not enough 'courtesy'?

The NATO membership argument is not valid. Even if the 1994 Budapest Agreement is not legally binding, at least at the philosophical level, Ukraine as an independent state have the right to any alliances. In that agreement is:

...to respect the Independence and Sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.
That respect is unconditional and must be unconditional. During the Cold War yrs, Soviet satellite states had conditional respect. Anything they want to do must have Kremlin approval or even directed. But after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine became fully independent so that respect must be unconditional. If I am an independent and sovereign citizen, as long as I do not break any law or even mores, I am allowed to do anything and go anywhere within the confines of that law and/or moral principle. All Ukraine did was reserved the right to petition, and all NATO did was reserved the right to accept. It does not matter if that potentiality is overt or covert. That it was overt is also a courtesy to Russia.

This war between Russia and Ukraine is not about NATO but about Putin wanting Ukraine to return to Russia.

You remember the Battle of Fallujah? That was a city of 275K.

Kiev is a city of 3M. A lot of Russians are going to die.
Last part is unnecessary anger from your side.
Russia can then say they will Grozny the f out of Kiev. Then what you going to say?

I’m surprised Ukrainian air defence and Air Force have survived this far.
I don’t think Russians will be able to capture kyiv completely soon without levelling half the city. It’s just too hard to capture such a big city which is full of defenders and just today 20k rifles were given to people in the city.
I do not want to be rude to you, but i am speaking generally. It is amazing how uneducated and unaware people really are. It seems majority of people commenting on this conflict have no idea that Russia is just using 20-30% of its firepower.

I mean, there are people on twitter believing statements by ukro lgbt trolls about shooting down 30-50 Russian planes a day. How realistic is that?

Russia is surrounding Kiev on the 2-3th day. They are politically maneuvering at this point, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom