What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I asked because some Chechens seem to be also fighting alongside the Ukranian government. But yes, Kadyrov's Chechens, as you indicated, are on the Russian side.

Well, Zelensky has become desperate so soon that he has had to resort to making appeal for international fighters to enter the war.
Ukraine has always been a weak middling power. While Russia has been one of the great powers for a long time.

Your attempt at comparison is bad. Of course you ask for international help when you're the weaker power.

This isn't video games, this isn't call of duty where every soldier is rambo, and asking for outside help is cheating. This is war.

Zelensky will use every method he can in order to push the Russians out.

Don't call people naive, when you miss basic facts.

It may strengthen China, but it weakens Pakistan, as a vital supplier of military parts for Pakistan is no longer able to supply those parts. Pakistan uses a shit ton of Ukrainian engines for its tank forces, and replacing those tank engines is gonna cost a lot of money and time.

It also limits Pakistan's list of foreign suppliers. Relying entirely on a single supplier will erode Pakistan's sovereignty.

For Russia and India, yes Indians paid cash, but that's because they could afford it. There is a reason why Russians always go to Pakistan, whenever the Indians say they'll side deals with the US. Its blackmail. If the Russians were so friendly towards Pakistan, they'd be selling the RD-93 directly to Pakistan, instead of to China.

Pakistan is not aligning its policy with Iran or any other country. Its aligning itself to a more neutral stance, that just happens to be China friendly. With the Russia sanctions, you can also kiss increased economic and military relations with them goodbye.

What about the rest of the world including India? Don't these countries buy military equipment from Russia? What would happen to them?

Ukraine has always been a weak middling power. While Russia has been one of the great powers for a long time.

Your attempt at comparison is bad. Of course you ask for international help when you're the weaker power.

This isn't video games, this isn't call of duty where every soldier is rambo, and asking for outside help is cheating. This is war.

Zelensky will use every method he can in order to push the Russians out.

Zelensky was hoping for Western governments to help his Nazi forces but when that didn't come - at least visibly - then he resorted to appeal for foreign non-state fighters. That was my point.

Last edited:
@LeGenD @That Guy

What's your take on this, fellas?
There were reports that Putin gave the Russian army until Monday clean up the mess and take Kyiv, regardless of the human cost.

If this news is true, and I've heard it before (turned out to be fake), then it makes sense, because Putin is probably pissed off. Still, he should have listened to his intelligence, which I can guarantee said tho war was a bad idea and Russia should stick with the rebel held areas.

Zelensky was hoping for Western governments to help his Nazi forces but when that didn't come - at least visibly - then he resorted to appeal for non-state fighters. That was my point.
Who cares? Again, when you're in the weaker position, you take whatever help you can get.

There are reports that Chechens are fighting on both sides of the war.

Also, I still can't believe people are calling Zelensky a nazi. Talk about eating Russian propaganda.

What about the rest of the world including India? Don't these countries buy military equipment from Russia? What would happen to them?
India (and similar nations) will likely ask for a temporary waivers under the promise that India will start to move away from using Russian technology...or they won't care about getting sanctioned themselves, like the Venezuelans.

Well, this is the third frontline, first and second are from Crimea and Donezk...
Russia is spread too thinly, which is why they keep losing entire convoys.

Again doesnt seem plausible, it is a mistake not even some rag tag militia would make let alone the Russian military, the only explanation is that there are no Ukranian assets in the Area that could threaten this convoy air or otherwise kyiv is supposed to be almost surrounded by now, the only thing that makes sense is what i am speculating.
For a professional force like Russia, you don't expect stuff that won't happen and goes with it. For starter, How do Russia sure there are no Ukrainian asset in the Area? Would you care to explain to me? I run intelligence with the US Army for 3 years, I never be so certain that there are no enemy asset in any area I operate, remember Robert Ridges? AC-130 with IR also called ahead and say there were no Taliban, do you know what happened in the end? So, how can you be sure at any point there are no enemy that can touch it? You do know camouflaging a position is a thing, right?

As I said, the area is NOT secured, Russia does not have Air Superiority nor Ground control, which mean doing stuff like this is taking a risk that not going to fly, yet they did it anyway, you don't "Assume" you're not going to get hit if you are a competent force, you don't assume there are no enemy asset in the area as situation is dynamic, and as a Army Intelligence Officer, I can tell you, unless Russia have some sort of "God Eye" system, you can't sweep the area with drone and say "Hey there are nothing there"

Also, I still can't believe people are calling Zelensky a nazi. Talk about eating Russian propaganda.

Last evening there were at least two posts in this thread about the Russians taking the Nazi militia base of the Azov Battalion at Mariupol. Read this from the 24th :
FACEBOOK WILL TEMPORARILY allow its billions of users to praise the Azov Battalion, a Ukrainian neo-Nazi military unit previously banned from being freely discussed under the company’s Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, The Intercept has learned.

The policy shift, made this week, is pegged to the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine and preceding military escalations. The Azov Battalion, which functions as an armed wing of the broader Ukrainian white nationalist Azov movement, began as a volunteer anti-Russia militia before formally joining the Ukrainian National Guard in 2014; the regiment is known for its hardcore right-wing ultranationalism and the neo-Nazi ideology pervasive among its members. Though it has in recent years downplayed its neo-Nazi sympathies, the group’s affinities are not subtle: Azov soldiers march and train wearing uniforms bearing icons of the Third Reich; its leadership has reportedly courted American alt-right and neo-Nazi elements; and in 2010, the battalion’s first commander and a former Ukrainian parliamentarian, Andriy Biletsky, stated that Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [subhumans].” With Russian forces reportedly moving rapidly against targets throughout Ukraine, Facebook’s blunt, list-based approach to moderation puts the company in a bind: What happens when a group you’ve deemed too dangerous to freely discuss is defending its country against a full-scale assault?

https://theintercept.com/newsletter/?source=Article-In&referrer_post_id=387567
According to internal policy materials reviewed by The Intercept, Facebook will “allow praise of the Azov Battalion when explicitly and exclusively praising their role in defending Ukraine OR their role as part of the Ukraine’s National Guard.” Internally published examples of speech that Facebook now deems acceptable include “Azov movement volunteers are real heroes, they are a much needed support to our national guard”; “We are under attack. Azov has been courageously defending our town for the last 6 hours”; and “I think Azov is playing a patriotic role during this crisis.”

The materials stipulate that Azov still can’t use Facebook platforms for recruiting purposes or for publishing its own statements and that the regiment’s uniforms and banners will remain as banned hate symbol imagery, even while Azov soldiers may fight wearing and displaying them. In a tacit acknowledgement of the group’s ideology, the memo provides two examples of posts that would not be allowed under the new policy: “Goebbels, the Fuhrer and Azov, all are great models for national sacrifices and heroism” and “Well done Azov for protecting Ukraine and it’s white nationalist heritage.”

In a statement to The Intercept, company spokesperson Erica Sackin confirmed the decision but declined to answer questions about the new policy.

Azov’s formal Facebook ban began in 2019, and the regiment, along with several associated individuals like Biletsky, were designated under the company’s prohibition against hate groups, subject to its harshest “Tier 1” restrictions that bar users from engaging in “praise, support, or representation” of blacklisted entities across the company’s platforms. Facebook’s previously secret roster of banned groups and persons, published by The Intercept last year, categorized the Azov Battalion alongside the likes of the Islamic State and the Ku Klux Klan, all Tier 1 groups because of their propensity for “serious offline harms” and “violence against civilians.” Indeed, a 2016 report by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights found that Azov soldiers had raped and tortured civilians during Russia’s 2014 invasion of Ukraine.

The exemption will no doubt create confusion for Facebook’s moderators, tasked with interpreting the company’s muddled and at time contradictory censorship rules under exhausting conditions. While Facebook users may now praise any future battlefield action by Azov soldiers against Russia, the new policy notes that “any praise of violence” committed by the group is still forbidden; it’s unclear what sort of nonviolent warfare the company anticipates.

Related

Neo-Nazis Not Top of Mind for Senate Democrats Pushing Weapons for Ukraine

Facebook’s new stance on Azov is “nonsensical” in the context of its prohibitions against offline violence, said Dia Kayyali, a researcher specializing in the real-world effects of content moderation at the nonprofit Mnemonic. “It’s typical Facebook,” Kayyali added, noting that while the exemption will permit ordinary Ukrainians to more freely discuss a catastrophe unfolding around them that might otherwise be censored, the fact that such policy tweaks are necessary reflects the dysfunctional state of Facebook’s secret blacklist-based Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy. “Their assessments of what is a dangerous organization should always be contextual; there shouldn’t be some special carveout for a group that would otherwise fit the policy just because of a specific moment in time. They should have that level of analysis all the time.”

Though the change may come as welcome news to critics who say that the sprawling, largely secret Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy can stifle online free expression, it also offers further evidence that Facebook determines what speech is permissible based on the foreign policy judgments of the United States. Last summer, for instance, Motherboard reported that Facebook similarly carved out an exception to its censorship policies in Iran, temporarily allowing users to post “Death to Khamenei” for a two-week period. “I do think it is a direct response to U.S. foreign policy,” Kayyali said of the Azov exemption. “That has always been how the … list works.”

Last edited:
did UN mandate sanctioned this

USA used depleted uranium in Yugoslavian war as a result Serbia then part of Yugoslavia has now high cancer rates

These are deplorable war excesses without any doubt.

On the other hand, Iraq and Serbia were oppressing Kuwait and Kosovo respectively.

US-led forces liberated Kuwait from Iraq in 1991 (Operation Desert Storm), and liberated Kosovo from Serbia in 1999 (Operation Allied Force). Credit is given on these lines.

I do not appreciate war excesses (or war crimes) in person.

@waz @LeGenD

IS it possible to take this garbage out to the trash area? Thanks

In case people are wondering, people like this in this forum is the reason no serious people want to get involved with, maybe coming back here to post my view was a mistake?.
Noted.

Members are advised to stick to the discussion on hand and not subject others to personal attacks in the process. Does not matters if you are in my good books or not. Post sensibly.

Last edited:
Outrageous. You guys are obviously protecting a filthy animal who openly accused Pakistan after the mosque attack.

It is clear for me now. There is no purpose to stay on this forum. When the moderators openly side with foreign members who falsely accuse Pakistan it is worthless. If that New Zealander doesn't leave I will leave.
You are subjecting him to personal attack which is against Forum Rules.

If you have complaints about posting history of this member then you may discuss this in GHQ. This thread shall stay on topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom