What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is certain. The west has almost won the propaganda war. The twitter handles I am seeing on this forum are mainly european controlled. The social media giants have blocked russian handles/pages. These are too many fake news circulating and unfortunately some PDF members are sharing these tweets/news without any verification.
This war has at least made one thing clear. The west controls everything. These so called social media giants, news channels etc are controlled by the west.

The Western Social media port s the arm of Western Intelligence for psychops.

Need to dig deeper into the dark web to get the real story.

Last edited:
American and British special forces veterans are supposedly going to enter the fight in Ukraine, couldn't the pilots?
If they ever do and get captured, that could lead to a huge embarrassment for NATO

The Soviet doctrine originally was that the airforce would clear out the major bottlenecks. After that Arty with the first wave would destroy the regions with major oppositons and finally the tanks would steam roll the area just as to cover space towards the next objectives while the second and third wave would look after the pockets left. But here the absence of Airforce is the foremost reason why russians are unable to implement what they've trained to do. Also arty is not being used to prevent collateral damage. That's why instead of being used just to cover space, russian forces are forced to fight numerous set piece battles of attrition.
Also Ukrainian operational planners musr he given credit since they've chosen defensive positions well, kostl those with some sort of natural defensive line and luring them in fighting somewhat non-conventional battles.
Well, you want to know what is wrong with Russia offence? Just look at this picture

AAUnN96.jpg

This is what's wrong with the Russian offensive.

Bear in mind, this picture were made during the day on day 4 and it was moving down to Kyiv with Ukraine Air Force still sortie. I bet @gambit would be drooling over this big juicy target when he is flying his F-16, If it was me, I would call in Fast Air and Artillery on the head of column, not only they move in a nice double file manner, they move between obstacle and slow. This is a big giant sign that said "Hit me".

This should never have happened on enemy territories. This is not acceptable in US standard, this is not acceptable in Russian standard, probably even Somalian standard. You don't move your troop during the day, you don't move in enemy territories in a single or double file, you don't move a 4 km convoy in an entire length.

Civilian casualties
The Russians have never cared for collateral damage, there was intelligence which could have been an assertion for brute force and followed by videos of Civilians being armed would have, shooting at convoys, using anti tanks weapons and so on, there have been many reports of Russian air craft attacking civilian settlements. A possible explanation maybe that this war is hiding another much catastrophic war or maybe its economics and the sane will pray that its not the first one.

It wouldn't matter if they are trained to the same regime.

It's like saying Puerto Rican or Samoan soldier in the US Army are second rated....
Level of training, quality of person, and equipment varies. You should know that. Would you compare a Navy Seal to a rank and file Private?

Well, you want to know what is wrong with Russia offence? Just look at this picture

View attachment 819443
This is what's wrong with the Russian offensive.

Bear in mind, this picture were made during the day on day 4 and it was moving down to Kyiv with Ukraine Air Force still sortie. I bet @gambit would be drooling over this big juicy target when he is flying his F-16, If it was me, I would call in Fast Air and Artillery on the head of column, not only they move in a nice double file manner, they move between obstacle and slow. This is a big giant sign that said "Hit me".

This should never have happened on enemy territories. This is not acceptable in US standard, this is not acceptable in Russian standard, probably even Somalian standard. You don't move your troop during the day, you don't move in enemy territories in a single or double file, you don't move a 4 km convoy in an entire length.
Because Russians know they are no fighting Nato or US and Russia airforce will control the skies, it's the fastest way to move their troops and equipments, surely they did the necessary analysis and make every maneuver on case by case basis. Judging from the overall result, it's not a bad move at all.

I have a general question for understanding and if explained well, it might help others as well.

Russia said that none should interfere.
US/EU/West etc all said that they can't intervene or send military since Ukraine isn't NATO...not their responsibility.

If EU/US are arming Ukraine, I wanted to ask isn't that interference?

Secondly, why can't other countries can arm their friends against US/EU?

You can quote and reply particular question separately.

Regards,

Let's not wish death for anyone.
I think reports of European weapons and now aircrafts to Ukraine are part of the Fake News and unreliable. .. this is exactly because of the reasons you mentioned. Russia has made it clear that any interference against their campaign in Ukraine will be an escalation and direct conflict with Russia.

The European will not take that step... At least for now. They are only relying on economic warfare through sanctions.

Putin knows he has limited time on his hands to achieve the objectives in Europe before it becomes unbearable for Russia to continue.

So expect the Russians to gain as much ground as possible before everyone sitting on the negotiation table.

The only wildcard is that wars are unpredictable and once begun... Even with intentions of limited scale.. can easily get out of hand and beyond the initial intent.....

I say this... Without a dog in the fight.... But the best thing to happen for world Peace is for the Ukrainians to lose and that will enable Russia to come to the negotiation table having saved face and in turn to be "reasonable". The longer the Ukrainians resist and cause damage to the Russians... They closer the world inches towards total war.

While companies like Intel and AMD are reportedly suspending sales immediately, that won't have an immediate devastating impact on the industry. According to the Semiconductor Industry Association, the Russian government accounts for less than 0.1% of global chip purchases, while the broader Russian market represents roughly $50.3 billion out of the $4.47 trillion global semiconductor market.​
Instead, the impact is expected to be felt when supercomputers, networking, military chips, and the like fail or need upgrades. In those cases, Russia would be forced to acquire the chips illicitly.
The EU closed its airspace to Russian aircrafts. UPS and Fedex stopped deliveries. BP exited. The ruble is becoming rubble. Russian banks are running low.

All of these actions, and more to come, will be in place for yrs after the war ended, no matter how it ended. Their cumulative effects will be devastating to the Russian economy which already in poor shape before the war.

What you're describing is a coping mechanism for those blind to Biden's failures. This would never have happened if Biden didn't leave Afghanistan the way he did OR if Trump was still president.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom