What's new

Russia in talks to sell Turkey S-400 air defense systems

If its a good model then we should go for it without losing time, if there is some ToT it would be even better. But of course development of our system should go on.

Russia selling it's most advanced air defense system to a NATO member which might let it's enemies get their hands on it ?!!

Its beyond my imagination ,

Russia selling it's most advanced air defense system to a NATO member which might let it's enemies get their hands on it ?!!

Officials confirmed it. Maybe because your fellow Russia didn't offered it to you.

Iran wanted to buy this system and then Russia stopped the sale :lol: ...

Iran is not part of NATO. It is not being part of NATO. It is about being a quality customer.

Russia and Turkey have amazing relations. A lot of trade and regional cooperation. Iran-Russia relations can't even come close to the relations we have with Russia.

Guys, wait wait.........................

he RIA-Novosti news agency reported earlier that Turkish and Russian defense officials discussed the possible sale of S-400s at the International Defense Industry Fair in Istanbul.

It was IDEF 2013(May 2013).... isn't this is an old article.... why the hype ? We ruled out Russian system. On which source, we are saying that Russia is willing to sell S-400 to Turkey ?

Last edited by a moderator:
S400? I will only believe it when i see the turkish flag mounted on the side of the trucks. Very advance systems i am happy for turkey and also suprised, wonder what they getting in return.

Take a read on this bro. I know this website. It's reliable..news is also from a couple days ago.

Turkey again extends bidding deadline for LORAMIDS tender - Airforce Technology

What ?? :what::what:

The Turkish Government has asked companies competing for the country's long-range air and missile defence systems (LORAMIDS) contract to extend the validity of their bids.

The Turkish Undersecretary for Defence Industry (SSM) was cited by Reuters as saying in a statement that the companies have been directed to extend their proposals until the end of 2015.

Turkey originally selected China Precision Machinery Import and Export Corp's (CPMIEC) FD-2000 missile defence system for the tender in September 2013, rejecting proposals from Russian Rosoboronexport, US Raytheon and Eurosam Consortium.

Raytheon had offered its Patriot surface-to-air (SAM) missile, while Rosoboronexport and Eurosam proposed the S-400, and Aster 30 sol-air moyenne portée terrestre (SAMP/T) missile system, respectively.

"Turkey has asked competitors to 'reconsider' their bids in wake of strong pressure from the international community."
While the contract was initially set as $4bn, the value was reportedly reduced as CPMIEC lowered its proposal to around $3.4bn.

CPMIEC also offered to collaborate with Turkish prime and subcontractors to coproduce the system that comprises radar, launcher and intercept missiles, and is expected to enable Turkey to counter both enemy aircraft and missiles.

Despite provisionally awarding the contract to CPMIEC, Turkey later asked the competitors to 'reconsider' their bids in wake of strong pressure from the international community, including Nato and the US.

CPMIEC is under US sanctions for violations of the Iran, North Korea and Syria Non-Proliferation Act since February 2013, according to the news agency.

A member of the Nato military alliance, Turkey long hoped to produce its own air-defence system to prevent any influx of the violence in Syria, and has been relying on Nato's Patriot system for the same since 2012.

Article about extending the deadline.... As far as i know Russian system is ruled out because of the price... we even didn't asked them to extend the time of their offer....

Also about akıncı's source. Russia in talks to sell Turkey air defense systems, company confirms

look at the bottom of the page.. © Copyright 2008.... it is not IDEF 2013 ..... it is IDEF 2007.... !!!

Guys, wait wait.........................

It was IDEF 2013(May 2013).... isn't this is an old article.... why the hype ? We ruled out Russian system. On which source, we are saying that Russia is willing to sell S-400 to Turkey ?

what i get from article is saying that, its confirmed Russia and Turkey negotiation possible sell of S-400 "now" , while the same Russian Export State Company stated that , there were talks about S-400 " earlier on IDEF".
So it doesnt mean,this new is made with reference of what told in IDEF , but what is told by Company about talks at now, while same company indicated its not something new being talked,but have been talked earlier.

Iran wanted to buy this system and then Russia stopped the sale :lol: ...

Iran is not part of NATO. It is not being part of NATO. It is about being a quality customer.

Russia and Turkey have amazing relations. A lot of trade and regional cooperation. Iran-Russia relations can't even come close to the relations we have with Russia.

Seems like Russia doesnt trust much on iran,because of they are doing reverse engineering alot , also israel is a good factor to stop this sale, even for S-300 they objects.

Israel has good cards in the hand,against Russia in gas supply market, they may change strategy to send it to europe, its been talked to pipe-line from cyprus - turkey , then Turkey denied all possible cooperation with israel on this,and router changed to cyprus - rhodes - greece , which is too expensive and heavy project to do.

what i get from article is saying that, its confirmed Russia and Turkey negotiation possible sell of S-400 "now" , while the same Russian Export State Company stated that , there were talks about S-400 " earlier on IDEF".
So it doesnt mean,this new is made with reference of what told in IDEF , but what is told by Company about talks at now, while same company indicated its not something new being talked,but have been talked earlier.

Article is 6 years old dude...

Officials confirmed it. Maybe because your fellow Russia didn't offered it to you.

Please do not take it as trolling my friend .

Its not about Iran at all and I didn't mention anything about Iran .

All I say is that , This deal is illogical and against the nature and security of Russians in long term .

By selling this system to a NATO member that is close to US and west , Russians are gifting one of their most advanced equipments to them which might be costly for them especially in this era .

What ?? :what::what:

The Turkish Government has asked companies competing for the country's long-range air and missile defence systems (LORAMIDS) contract to extend the validity of their bids.

Article about extending the deadline.... As far as i know Russian system is ruled out because of the price... we even didn't asked them to extend the time of their offer....

Also about akıncı's source. Russia in talks to sell Turkey air defense systems, company confirms

look at the bottom of the page.. © Copyright 2008.... it is not IDEF 2013 ..... it is IDEF 2007.... !!!

I second isoo.. the one I shared is from 27th August 2014.. isoo's description semmed logical :/

I second isoo.. the one I shared is from 27th August 2014.. isoo's description semmed logical :/
@Sinan is right bro , articles dates back to 2009 or even older o_O
:cray:i really took this as a recent news after SSM's delay again. We may delete this thread i think, it makes no-sense to discuss on 6 years old news which is expired . @Kaan :rolleyes1:

ill merge it with T-LORAMIDS after people are done talking about the topic.
sinan is right bro , articles dates back to 2009 or even older o_O
:cray:i really took this as a recent news after SSM's delay again. We may delete this thread i think, it makes no-sense to discuss on 6 years old news which is expired . @Kaan :rolleyes1:

Back
Top Bottom