What's new

Russia at International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2014 in Karachi.

russian long range sam like s400 is definitely superior than chinese HQ9 .....

We have ordered 3 batteries of LY80/HQ16 along with 8 IBIS150 radars which is medium range sam system 50-70 km range .... Pakistan needs a long range SAM like FD2000 or S300 VM ..Maybe in future we will procure a replacement for our HQ 2

No official confirmation of purchse of LY-80E/HQ16A till now in media, also there is a new system with AESA radar (I forgot its name) displayed at Air Show in China this month and it was said that it will replace HQ16 SAMs why we are not purchasing it?

With SPADA-2000 & LY-80E Russian S-350E will fit well as S-350E system can engage target 30 to 120 kms with High Altitude (means 1st tier) capability and SPADA-2000 with LY-80E fill gap of upto 30 km range (means 2nd tier).

Official link to SPADA-2000:
MBDA - e-catalogue
Link to LY-80E/HQ16A:
HQ-16A LY-80 ground to air defence missile system technical data sheet specifications pictures video - Army Recognition - Army Recognition

Last edited:
I do not think that the S-350 will be exported in close term. The idea is that the S-350 will completely replace the first modifications of the S-300, which are still in service. However, if the economic situation is difficult, then Russia will have to return the priority to export orders.

Russia have deployed S-400 SAMs therefore they can cover shortcomings in their air defense and can export this system to a buyer who need it urgently to use it as its main 1st tier SAM, whereas it will be 2nd tier SAM for Russian air defense.

The spada has greater radar range and has greater target tracking ability. In addition, the Spada system is focused on operating within a heavy jamming environment.

Still its near useless for any aircraft,,,good for cruise missiles though.

Stand off weaponry and Low level attacks. Not useless, please come up with better arguments.

Useless was vs pantsir,, meaning pantsir is better than this.
Spada with the 3.5 km ceiling is simply useless against any aircraft and even some helicopters:P.

We should have a good relationship with Russia specially in defence matters

Please read it again,nowhere does it mentions the altitude of interception but merely gives a range of 25 km.
While deagel clearly gives 3.5 km altitude with 25-30 km interception range.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

That fact that it DOES not mention the altitude except saying high and low. and the fact that deagel gives NO sources for its claim.. basically make it a moot point. The Manufacturer did NOT say low to medium altitude, but low to high altitude.

That fact that it DOES not mention the altitude except saying high and low. and the fact that deagel gives NO sources for its claim.. basically make it a moot point. The Manufacturer did NOT say low to medium altitude, but low to high altitude.

Deagel is one of the best websites to quote,i would tend to take it seriously when manufacturer clearly does not want to give away a specification which is not good.

Anyways

Deagel is one of the best websites to quote,i would tend to take it seriously when manufacturer clearly does not want to give away a specification which is not good.

Anyways

Not really, there are some glaring mistakes in their database on weapons. On the other hand, global security is also of the same stature and they list the Aspide Mk1 and mk.2 missiles( Aspide 2000 is an upgrade to these with a larger motor) having a ceiling of 8000m from launch point.. so I would tend to take that seriously. Add to that the manufacturers testament on the newer Aspide

Equipped with an enhanced single stage rocket motor to increase the missile speed, lateral acceleration and effective range by as much as 40% compared to the ASPIDE baseline missile

That gives a rather respectable ceiling and ability to engage most aircraft.

Not really, there are some glaring mistakes in their database on weapons. On the other hand, global security is also of the same stature and they list the Aspide Mk1 and mk.2 missiles( Aspide 2000 is an upgrade to these with a larger motor) having a ceiling of 8000m from launch point.. so I would tend to take that seriously. Add to that the manufacturers testament on the newer Aspide

That gives a rather respectable ceiling and ability to engage most aircraft.
Well if we 8 to 10 batteries of each AIR DEFENCE system mentioned in this news it could be massive boost to our Air Defence area

No official confirmation of purchse of LY-80E/HQ16A till now in media

Ministry of defence Purchase and defence production have confirm the query

LY-80 LOMADS missile.JPG

Please read it again,nowhere does it mentions the altitude of interception but merely gives a range of 25 km.
While deagel clearly gives 3.5 km altitude with 25-30 km interception range.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

It is very doubtful that Spada 2000 have this short range altitude .. even Manpads have now 3km of altitude
RBS 70 have 5 km of Altitude

SAM of this caliber must have altitude of 13-17 km

It is very doubtful that Spada 2000 have this short range altitude .. even Manpads have now 3km of altitude
RBS 70 have 5 km of Altitude

SAM of this caliber must have altitude of 13-17 km

Spada gives no values and deagel gives 3.5

Back
Top Bottom