What's new

Russia agreed on a contract to supply 46 MiG fighters to Egypt

I understand your point @The Great One and you're not wrong really but in this case,
the original Vedomosti article in the thread opener stated as much … that is where the
quote attributed to Kamal that I gave you comes from.
So that your question / remark seems to indicate that you hadn't read it. So that A- the
article itself by a Russian newspaper B- Wiki and almost all mili material sites and C …
the site of the sellers makers themselves
" … exhibiting the further development of the MiG-29K/KUB and MiG-29M/M2 fighters … "
MiG-35/MiG-35D

At some point, let's be realistic and understand it is not that important is what I meant.
MiG themselves calls it a unified family of fighters and until we see an inked contract …

Good day buddy, Tay.

I understand your point @The Great One and you're not wrong really but in this case,
the original Vedomosti article in the thread opener stated as much … that is where the
quote attributed to Kamal that I gave you comes from.
So that your question / remark seems to indicate that you hadn't read it. So that A- the
article itself by a Russian newspaper B- Wiki and almost all mili material sites and C …
the site of the sellers makers themselves
" … exhibiting the further development of the MiG-29K/KUB and MiG-29M/M2 fighters … "
MiG-35/MiG-35D

At some point, let's be realistic and understand it is not that important is what I meant.
MiG themselves calls it a unified family of fighters and until we see an inked contract …

Good day buddy, Tay.
A: As per OP
MiG-29 (sometimes referred to as the MiG-35)
It is not 'sometimes referred to as the MiG-35'. That is the official classification. How else did it make it to the jet.
308971-sepik-jpg.224660

B: And yet there is a clear disambiguation between MiG 29K/KUB, MiG 29M/M2, and MiG 35 else they (C: ) wouldn't have called it such. Not to mention that modernized MiG 29's aka SMT are still being sold.

New unified family of the MiG-29K/KUB, MiG-29M/M2, MiG-35/MiG-35D fighters
From Russian Aircraft Corp site :
New unified family of the fighters

I'm sorry man but I'll take the makers view over yours any time?
Feel free to feel right though, I won't comment anymore.

Good day, Tay.

anyway guys @Taygibay and @The Great One it's mig 35 and not mig-29 and it's 48 not 46 like this russian newspaper stated because i knew about this deal before even that was published and i told some guys here before like @Hell NO , it's first time to hear anything from this website as well and all the other websites copied it from them so i wont take their word as it's mig 29 however they stated shyly that its referred as Mig-35

Every source seems to say Mig 29 (un less I went blind or simply lazy). Which is it?
Mig 29 or 35?
Actually its MIG 29 OVT which called MIG 35
So, MIG 29 OVT, K & KUB(Naval) & MIG 35 are nearly same airframe.

Why Zarvan? Because you said so? That's unusually childish of you , man!

A Soviet land-based squadron counted 27 planes.
A regular US Navy one has 12 but specialty ones in the USMC go down to 7 or less.

Why should the opinion of a foreigner be so important in regard with the answer of an Egyptian?
Come on, mate! You're better than that! Squadron size varies from air force to air force, time to
time and between air / marine / transport /etc units, accept that!
Minimum squadron size I saw personally was 2 by the way, for special purpose ACs but still true.

Calm down and have a good day, Tay.
That is Navy and that is in Air Craft carrier no Air Force on face of the earth has 12 in a squadron mostly its 18 some has 16

anyway guys @Taygibay and @The Great One it's mig 35 and not mig-29 and it's 48 not 46 like this russian newspaper stated because i knew about this deal before even that was published and i told some guys here before like @Hell NO , it's first time to hear anything from this website as well and all the other websites copied it from them so i wont take their word as it's mig 29 however they stated shyly that its referred as Mig-35
How did you know?

no Air Force on face of the earth has 12 in a squadron mostly its 18 some has 16
Oh Come on! Many do, even the UK does :
"The shape and composition of a squadron varies according to its role. Most flying squadrons are commanded by a wing commander who oversees around 200 personnel and between 12 and 16 aircraft."
BBC Academy - Journalism - Royal Air Force’s size and structure
And the USAF full number is 24, BTW.

I'm not going to keep up this discussion, mate. You want to believe not accept reality.
Fighter squadrons vary in size from country to country and according to mission.

Good day, Tay.

mig 35 and mig29 is different
the article is confusing

JF-17 could provide you great strength at low cost just a thought i do wonder what our Egyptian brothers think of it .

JF-17 could provide you great strength at low cost just a thought i do wonder what our Egyptian brothers think of it .

JF17 will be like a 3rd line Fighter for Egypt, no one will buy JF-17 while they have Rafale, F-16's, MIG-35, Mirage 2K , let me ask you, what does the Pakistani generals themselves think about JF-17 compared to old F-16 blocks? they will pick the old F-16 blocks anytime.

Back
Top Bottom