What's new

Russia agreed on a contract to supply 46 MiG fighters to Egypt

MICA

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
308971-sepik.jpg

Two people in the aviation industry told "Vedomosti" that was recently agreed a contract to supply Egypt 46 MiG-29, which may be signed in the near future. The representative of "Rosoboronexport" declined to comment. Receive comments from representatives of the Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RSK MiG) failed.

On the possibility of supply Egypt modernized MiG-29 (sometimes referred to as the MiG-35) say a long time, says the manager of the enterprise aviation industry, several times publicly stated this MiG CEO Sergei Korotkov. Last year, Egypt was signed and executed contract worth at least $ 0.5 billion for the supply of anti-aircraft missile system S-300V4, the contract for the supply of 46 MiG-29 weapons can cost up to $ 2 bln., Said the manager of one of the enterprises the aviation industry.

Egypt - a unique country, in service with the air force which, according to the handbook Military Balance, the fighters are just three producing countries - the USA (F-16), France (Mirage 2000) and the USSR (the MiG-21 and Chinese J derivatives -7).The basis of the air forces of Egypt constitute the American F-16, the supply of which is paid from the funds of US military aid, but the country has always gravitated to ensure that when a financial capacity to diversify arms purchases. After the overthrow of the military in July 2013 President-Islamist Mohammed Mursi United States suspended arms shipments to Egypt, and this is one of the reasons for such diversification. In February 2015, Egypt has purchased 24 French fighter Rafale, FREMM class frigates and missile 5 billion euro deal with Russia are also part of the diversification, and the MiG-29, designed to replace the Egyptian Air Force outdated Soviet and Chinese fighters.

For the MiG contract with Egypt opens up the prospect of work for many years and provides an opportunity of development - is the largest order for the MiG-29, for all the post-Soviet era, says expert at the Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, Konstantin Makiyenko. Now MiG performs two contracts for the supply of deck-based fighters MiG-29K / KUB - for the Indian Navy (29 machines, at the beginning of 2015 delivered 17 units) and for the Russian fleet (24 cars, 14 destroyers delivered at the end of 2014 ). Last year, a contract was signed for the supply of 16 MiG-29 SMT for the Air Force of Russia, it is planned to put eight cars, and in 2016 - eight. Thus, the contract with Egypt will increase the portfolio of orders for the MiG-29 is now available for about 40 cars almost doubled and will enable the corporation to produce these fighters to about 2020.

It's Mig 35 Guys Not 29

View attachment 224660

Two people in the aviation industry told "Vedomosti" that was recently agreed a contract to supply Egypt 46 MiG-29, which may be signed in the near future. The representative of "Rosoboronexport" declined to comment. Receive comments from representatives of the Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RSK MiG) failed.

On the possibility of supply Egypt modernized MiG-29 (sometimes referred to as the MiG-35) say a long time, says the manager of the enterprise aviation industry, several times publicly stated this MiG CEO Sergei Korotkov. Last year, Egypt was signed and executed contract worth at least $ 0.5 billion for the supply of anti-aircraft missile system S-300V4, the contract for the supply of 46 MiG-29 weapons can cost up to $ 2 bln., Said the manager of one of the enterprises the aviation industry.

Egypt - a unique country, in service with the air force which, according to the handbook Military Balance, the fighters are just three producing countries - the USA (F-16), France (Mirage 2000) and the USSR (the MiG-21 and Chinese J derivatives -7).The basis of the air forces of Egypt constitute the American F-16, the supply of which is paid from the funds of US military aid, but the country has always gravitated to ensure that when a financial capacity to diversify arms purchases. After the overthrow of the military in July 2013 President-Islamist Mohammed Mursi United States suspended arms shipments to Egypt, and this is one of the reasons for such diversification. In February 2015, Egypt has purchased 24 French fighter Rafale, FREMM class frigates and missile 5 billion euro deal with Russia are also part of the diversification, and the MiG-29, designed to replace the Egyptian Air Force outdated Soviet and Chinese fighters.

For the MiG contract with Egypt opens up the prospect of work for many years and provides an opportunity of development - is the largest order for the MiG-29, for all the post-Soviet era, says expert at the Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, Konstantin Makiyenko. Now MiG performs two contracts for the supply of deck-based fighters MiG-29K / KUB - for the Indian Navy (29 machines, at the beginning of 2015 delivered 17 units) and for the Russian fleet (24 cars, 14 destroyers delivered at the end of 2014 ). Last year, a contract was signed for the supply of 16 MiG-29 SMT for the Air Force of Russia, it is planned to put eight cars, and in 2016 - eight. Thus, the contract with Egypt will increase the portfolio of orders for the MiG-29 is now available for about 40 cars almost doubled and will enable the corporation to produce these fighters to about 2020.

It's Mig 35 Guys Not 29

Great news finally Mig-35 is getting some huge orders

it's Mig-35 not 29 and it will be 48 migs not 46 @Taygibay and as i said a while back that i have some news about a Russian deal but no one believed me @Frogman , again there is still another one and it will be the KA-52 :)

Really , Rafale? So Egyptian economy is stable now? Rafale , Mig-35 are great addition for EAF , but why so sudden? any specific threat from any enemy that have superior air force then Egypt ?

@Kamal_dbk Go check Egyptian Armed Forces thread my friend. I beat you to it!
But yours is fully translated, kudos!
:partay: Tay.

Really , Rafale? So Egyptian economy is stable now? Rafale , Mig-35 are great addition for EAF , but why so sudden? any specific threat from any enemy that have superior air force then Egypt ?

ok it's my last time i am gonna answer this because i am getting tired of it , first ever talks about rafale was in 2010 and the negotiations stopped in 2011 because of the revolution etc... , about the migs the EAF from it's start don't rely on one source of our fleet we always had some russian/french aircraft in out inventory because usa can give us the middle finger in anytime , about why sudden actually it's not sudden that was supposed to happen long time ago we have huge number of old junk will be phased out "already most of them out" of Mig 21 , J-7 , mirage 5 and these will be replaced by the new russian deal and then the base mirage 2000 we had will be also phased out maybe in 2020 or in near future and the rafale will replace it , about the threat , do we need to buy the arms if we are already in a war ? that doesn't make any sense we should be well equipped and prepared if someone tried to do anything , hope that question will never be posted again

@Kamal_dbk Go check Egyptian Armed Forces thread my friend. I beat you to it!
But yours is fully translated, kudos!
:partay: Tay.

no you check the date of this thread :p:

ok it's my last time i am gonna answer this because i am getting tired of it , first ever talks about rafale was in 2010 and the negotiations stopped in 2011 because of the revolution etc... , about the migs the EAF from it's start don't rely on one source of our fleet we always had some russian/french aircraft in out inventory because usa can give us the middle finger in anytime , about why sudden actually it's not sudden that was supposed to happen long time ago we have huge number of old junk will be phased out "already most of them out" of Mig 21 , J-7 , mirage 5 and these will be replaced by the new russian deal and then the base mirage 2000 we had will be also phased out maybe in 2020 or in near future and the rafale will replace it , about the threat , do we need to buy the arms if we are already in a war ? that doesn't make any sense we should be well equipped and prepared if someone tried to do anything , hope that question will never be posted again
I see, you sure be prepared for worst situation but its look more sane when your country looks more stable and prosperous, and I don't see any hurry when their are no signs of any huge conflict for Egypt to raise their air force to massive level.

Rafale paid by Saudis. Migs are needed to replace f-7s especially since they scrapped jf-17

Rafale paid by Saudis. Migs are needed to replace f-7s especially since they scrapped jf-17

Rafale is not paid by saudi , 50% cash and the rest is loans from french banks and don't just throw any claims

Back
Top Bottom