What's new

RRR is an incredible action movie with seriously troubling politics

The Dalit student Rohith Vemula didn't quite "enjoy" and wasn't "entertained" by the upper caste oppression against him and he suicided in 2016.

A film is not just listening to words and watching the scenes but understanding the intent behind those words and scenes. Hindutvadis got outraged at Alia Bhatt's ad for Manyavar suitings last year. The ad was set in a Hindu wedding ceremony and had Alia being a bride and asking for "Kanyamaan" ( respect for the new wife at her husband's house ) instead of "Kanyadaan" ( the traditional abandoning of the bride by her parents into the house of the new husband where she is left at the whims, fancies and mercy of her in-laws and husband ). Was Alia asking for anything irrational ? No, she and the ad asked for justice and rationality yet the Hindutvadis were outraged at the ad. Don't the Hindutvadis like being just and rational ?

But this film, Baahubali, that you don't protest, is full of misogyny and oppression against those not Brahmans, Kshatriyas and Vaishyas. Why don't you protest ? Do you not understand how easily the idiot public in India accepted this oppression-propagating film, made it a superhit and how easily the same idiot public accepts the many daily political, social and socio-economic oppressions, injustices and disparities outside the cinema hall in India ?

The Hindutvadis are being contradictory. Or just themselves really. Protesting against the Alia ad because it propagated justice and rationality, and not protesting against the film Baahubali precisely because it propagates oppression against the females and the lower castes and being irrational.

And it is strange to see @Skull and Bones Like your post despite he saying that he was deeply imposed upon by his family because he didn't want the choice of academics that his family was imposing on him.

Didn't you see the tweet copied in the OP that Rajamouli, the director of Baahubali, posted years ago ? He called Dalits as parasites and that idea is what he presents in the film.

1. I didn't get alert for your tagging me. This happens a lot with me. I came to this thread and say your tag. So next time if I don't reply to your tagging me in a couple of days please check if I am banned or if not then please select any post I have made and reply to it. I think quoted replies to posts always work.

2. I have seen Rajamouli's tweet on velivada.com ( for others, it is a site where mostly are writings about oppression on the lower castes ). The article about it and Baahubali in turn called the priests as the parasites and rightly so.

3. I don't really like this "Muslim" owner of the Lulu group. He has installed a huge mall in UP which would of course have been constructed in collaboration with Yogi. Secondly, he has a mall in Saudia that is managed by an all-female worker set but modern Indian Muslim style - all full burqas - despite Saudia itself changing and enabling natural participation of females in public.
I knew you were banned, :-) tag was for when you would get unbanned.

I don't blame Yusuf Ali, CMD of LuLu Group, you can't succeed in business without political support. Government will change, but business be will there.

I knew you were banned, :-) tag was for when you would get unbanned.

:tup:

I don't blame Yusuf Ali, CMD of LuLu Group, you can't succeed in business without political support. Government will change, but business be will there.

Well, I don't think he's any different from Yogi ji in the oppression of the human female as evidenced by the all-female staff of his newest mall in Saudia - all wearing modern Indian style burqas despite Saudi society itself starting to go away from this nonsense :
luluopenfirstwomenleadstore.jpg

I am sure the order to wear burqas came from the top.

:tup:

Well, I don't think he's any different from Yogi ji in the oppression of the human female as evidenced by the all-female staff of his newest mall in Saudia - all wearing modern Indian style burqas despite Saudi society itself starting to go away from this nonsense :
View attachment 868820
I am sure the order to wear burqas came from the top.
Yes, this is going backwards, but I think the other way around, now females will get more job opportunities in Saudi . They can live independent lives with jobs, in a male dominated Saudi society. I think this photo is only for public, these staff won't be wearing veil around women only customers. This is very good business tactic to attract women customers from orthodox families in Saudi.

Yes, this is going backwards, but I think the other way around, now females will get more job opportunities in Saudi . They can live independent lives with jobs, in a male dominated Saudi society. I think this photo is only for public, these staff won't be wearing veil around women only customers. This is very good business tactic to attract women customers from orthodox families in Saudi.

I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom