What's new

Robert Fisk: Pakistan Is In Pieces

Robert Fisk is too damn right. He has put his hand on the pulse of Pakistani nation and correctly diagnosed the ailment.

60% of Pakistan's surface area has been turned into a battlefield to please the Americans. Our corrupt political and military leaders have Created and fueled extremism in Pakistan to justify their role as "allies" in the Global War on Terror. We are actually low paid camp followers, entitled to less than 2% of the US appropriations on war. The US just could not find cheaper gun fodder anywhere else in the world.

war on terror started in pakistan from the day Soviats withdrew from afghanistan. Dont you remember shia-sunni conflict in which two of our FRIENDS fought their proxy war in our country?
I agree this war got intensified after US invasion but fact remains that we were at war with these terrorists before 911

Robert Fisk is too damn right. He has put his hand on the pulse of Pakistani nation and correctly diagnosed the ailment.

60% of Pakistan's surface area has been turned into a battlefield to please the Americans. Our corrupt political and military leaders have Created and fueled extremism in Pakistan to justify their role as "allies" in the Global War on Terror. We are actually low paid camp followers, entitled to less than 2% of the US appropriations on war. The US just could not find cheaper gun fodder anywhere else in the world.

It's easy to imagine this being America's conflict when you yourself are resting in the lap of luxury in Britian, but I can tell you from my experiences in Bajaur, this is our War, who do you think is suicide bombing this nation to kingdom cum ? These animals are mercilessly killing our people as if they were bred for slaughter and you are saying this is America's war ? You insult all those martyrs who have given their lives to protect our people from this threat...............

Last edited:

For correct figures in tespect of Internet in Pakistan one should check with the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority as given below :

20000 to 70000 broadband connections ? Don't embarrass yourself:
Telecommunications in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It clearly states that there are over 22 million internet subscribers in Pakistan,
And 600,000 broadband subscribers using net of speeds between 512kbps to 12mbps.

It is good to know that you don’t want me to embarrass myself but I cannot stop you from embarrassing yourself as now you have quoted Wikipedia which in my opinion is the Scripture of the Ignorant.

I would direct your attention to the following :

Home - Pakistan Telecommunication Authority

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority Data

Salient Features :

1. Broadband Subscribers by Technology : Total December 2009 : 643,892

2. Total Internet Subscriber as End March 2009 :

A : Dial-Up : 3.7 Million

B : DSL : 272,626

I trust that from now onwards you will seek data from “National Web Sites” and not Kiddypedia!

For correct figures in tespect of Internet in Pakistan one should check with the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority as given below :

It is good to know that you don’t want me to embarrass myself but I cannot stop you from embarrassing yourself as now you have quoted Wikipedia which in my opinion is the Scripture of the Ignorant.

Salient Features :

I trust that from now onwards you will seek data from “National Web Sites” and not Kiddypedia!

It is till a far cry from your figure of 13,000 to 20,000 broadband users in Pakistan.
So in my opinion, "Kiddypedia" as you described it, still gave a more "truthful" view of the picture of internet usage in Pakistan, by the way, why did my remarks about India upset you so much ?

Salient Features :

These stats refer only to independent connections, we are talking about "users", and since most connections in Pakistan are shared that means anywhere from 5 to 20 users on one connection, depending on speed and bandwidth.
I believe these stats to be more adequete:
Asia Internet Usage Stats and Population Statistics

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's internet link crippled

Salient Features :

LOL, PTA is not a reliable source, they do not even carry out their own survey. Here is a link to prove it.

PTA Wants to Know Number of Broadband Users in Pakistan - ProPakistani

And according to CIA, world fact book which is a reliable source Pakistan has 18.5 million internet users in 2008.

Here is an old article but it signifies the projected growth of Boradband users:

Pakistan internet: 1.5m broadband users likely by 2010

Internet users in Pakistan to hit 22 million mark - brandsynario.com

Another for PTA trying to find users statistics.

http://telecompk.net/2009/07/07/how-many-broadband-users-are-there-in-pakistan/

And why are you so concerned about how many internet users there are in Pakistan, its not like its hurting you in any way.

Salient Features :

These stats refer only to independent connections, we are talking about "users", and since most connections in Pakistan are shared that means anywhere from 5 to 20 users on one connection, depending on speed and bandwidth.
I believe these stats to be more adequate:
Asia Internet Usage Stats and Population Statistics

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's internet link crippled

It is till a far cry from your figure of 13,000 to 20,000 broadband users in Pakistan.
So in my opinion, "Kiddypedia" as you described it, still gave a more "truthful" view of the picture of internet usage in Pakistan, by the way, why did my remarks about India upset you so much ?

Whether it is a far or near cry does not matter as the source I quoted is a Pakistani source - so there!

Your remarks about India is of no concern to me as one is able to access the sites which give actual connections and not "Users" - a figure based on 5 or 20 or 100 users per connection.

India with 8.59 Million Broadband (not Internet) Subscriptions (not Users) has its own position and does not qualify to be discussed with minnows.

Please check the following Link :

Telecom Subscription Data as on 28th February 2010

Happy Surfing!

Last edited:
As you were told before, PTA is not a valid source, they ask others to do surveys for them, they lack the resources and manpower to complete such surveys.
So there, your source is not valid.
I cannot understand why you continue to live in denial and why it hurts you so much when we say we are moving forward in fields of IT.
People have quoted BBC and numerous other respected sources but I don't get what problem you have with those..................

As you were told before, PTA is not a valid source, they ask others to do surveys for them, they lack the resources and manpower to complete such surveys.
So there, your source is not valid.
I cannot understand why you continue to live in denial and why it hurts you so much when we say we are moving forward in fields of IT.
People have quoted BBC and numerous other respected sources but I don't get what problem you have with those..................

Every source is credible but a “National” Source is the final authority!

If tomorrow a Non-Indian Authority states that India has One Billion Telephone connections whereas the Indian Telecommunication Authority states that India has 600 Million – then one should take the figures as per the Indian Authority as the Indian Authority will not give a lower figure!

If tomorrow a Non-Indian Authority states that India has One Billion Telephone connections whereas the Indian Telecommunication Authority states that India has 600 Million – then one should take the figures as per the Indian Authority as the Indian Authority will not give a lower figure!

Like I said before, PTA lacks the resources to complete surveys, they employ websites to ask people whether they have an internet connection or not, those who participate in the survey are noted those who don't are not.

Oh, boy. Indian is pissed. I am scared now. Ok let me say this, we have 17 broadband users and a total of 54 internet users.

Ok feel better, quote me know to make yourself feel better.

Whether it is a far or near cry does not matter as the source I quoted is a Pakistani source - so there!

Your remarks about India is of no concern to me as one is able to access the sites which give actual connections and not "Users" - a figure based on 5 or 20 or 100 users per connection.

India with 8.59 Million Broadband (not Internet) Subscriptions (not Users) has its own position and does not qualify to be discussed with minnows.

Please check the following Link :

Telecom Subscription Data as on 28th February 2010

Happy Surfing!

The site you quoted cannot be accessed.

OK first of all, before you start debating on the "number of internet connections we have?Why don't you look at your friend first, who started this mess about Pakistan being 30 years behind in terms of technology, with internet starting to gain popularity in 1990s. So please don't involve other sources that Pakistan broadband users, are less than a million etc. Most importantly, can you back up your Indian friends statement that Pakistan is 30 years behind in technology?

The site you quoted cannot be accessed.

It workds for me!

Of course this is not the first time that you have been unable to access a Web-Site.

I trust you can access the Sustainable Development Policy Institute of Pakistan now as earlier you were unable to gain access.

If you don't succeed the First Time, Try and Try Again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom