What's new

Robert Fisk: Pakistan Is In Pieces

When I pull out an interview from Arundhati roy posted yesterday in Huffingtonpost, you will have a heart attack.

And as for the Maoists, why wait till now. Why not finish them after Silda Camp attack.

You see the thing is, there is one thing being constructive and another to write about things that have not been reported or heard before such as the military killing the villagers, if we do not act then we support terrorists and if we do then we are killing villagers. If this is criticism then damned if we do and damned if we dont.

And I might just post that interview from arundhati roy and also an article from a military general about how grave the Maoists threat is.

come on bro
respect INDIAN "Intellect"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lol, this guy is a mighty loser. I am bored at work and might aswell answer.

Look up Dr Abdus Salam, Agha Hassan Abedi and many more geniuses who have acheived things even before you learned to answer a phonecall from US. We export alot of things other than agriculture products but your bias would'nt let you see it.

Technologically, we are 30 years behind. Why not 60 years. LOL.

I have travelled to India and trust me, is you travelled through Karachi, Lahore and other cities you will see the major difference.

I have deliberately chosen this ID "intellect" . YES Indians are more intelligent than pakistanis. Because we have achieved so much more

What Pakistani Intellect has achieved is well known.
After 62 and half years you can only export "COTTON TEXTILES " and "RICE"

When you get the "next TRANCHE of IMF loan approved " your govt officials are singing and celebrating.

And technologically you are 30 years behind us.

please continue. im gettin bored rit now and your indian 'intellect' will really help me :pop:

Robert Fisk is fisking again; this british
queer comes up with the most mundane storylines for the sake of selling a sinking newspaper.

Write about your own corrupt country first and then we will sit here and talk. The moral of the story, Islam is bad, Pakistan is the root of all islamic power and British are saints with the US who liberate and bring democrazy.

I did not come to that conclusion when I read his article, maybe you are reading with polarized lenses. There was no moral either.

This line says it all does'nt it, "They started in Lebanon, moved to 'Palestine', then to Iraq and then to Afghanistan – and then to Pakistan."

He was talking about suicide bombings.

Fisk is a faggot and the guy he talked to is a bigger faggot, the accountability of this piece of **** article can be judged by the fact that it says "Frontier Corps" on the Face of Fort Ballahisar, not "Frontier Force" as quoted by the author.....................

Oh yes, we live in caves, but in those caves we have greater percentage of internet using population, greater percentage of mobile phone subscribers, greater percentage of our country has access to mobile phones and Internet, Internet and mobile services are also easily available and at lower rates as compared to India but if it helps you to sleep better at night, yep we are 100,000 years behind you, technologically, Oh look, my neighbour just invented the wheel !!!!!!!!

Internet Users in Pakistan hit 17.5 Million Mark - ProPakistani

Pakistan goes from 300,000 to 90 million cell phone users in under 8 years | TechLahore

I have deliberately chosen this ID "intellect" . YES Indians are more intelligent than pakistanis. Because we have achieved so much more

This guy seriously have no idea what his talking about, I feel like correcting you sir, but I have no idea where to even start, and the fact that you based intelligence based on achievements is very wrong.

Bill gates, Bill Gates, a college dropout, has been named the richest person in the world by Forbes magazine 27 times. He wasn't intelligent, but he created a partnership with classmate Paul Allen which became known as Microsoft.So does this shows achievement is based on intelligence?

Henry Ford never graduated high school, but went on to start one of the largest automobile manufacturing companies in the world, Ford Motor Company and was also credited as being the first auto manufacturer to use an assembly line, completely revolutionizing the way cars were produced. He did not even had a high school certificate, but was very sucessful. So again,So does this shows achievement is based on intelligence?

Steven Spielberg, denied acceptance to film school and dropped out of California State University in Long Beach. He co-founded DreamWorks, a major film studio that’s produced several of the highest grossing movie hits and Academy award winning films. Spielberg ranked #205 on Forbes 2009 list of world billionaires with a net worth of $3 billion. He wasn't smart , and was a dropout. Again, does this shows achievement is based on intelligence?

Andrew Jackson, is most-known for being the 6th president of the United States, but was also a military governor, Army commander, an attorney, and a congressman – all without ever going to college. He had achievement, but was not intelligent enough to go college. So is achievement based on Intelligence?

Michael Dell, the founder and CEO of Dell, Inc., dropped out of college at 19.As of 2009, he has an estimated net worth of $12.3 billion. He got all this achievement, without going to college, and thus lacked intelligence.

What does all this people tell you. Does an intelligent person necessarily means an achieved person?Think again.

What Pakistani Intellect has achieved is well known.
After 62 and half years you can only export "COTTON TEXTILES " and "RICE"
You think we only export cotton and rice?Man, you need to do lots of research.

Pakistan is one of the world's largest producers and suppliers of the following according to the 2005 Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nations and FAOSTAT

Chickpea (2nd) Apricot (4th) Cotton (4th) Sugarcane (4th) Milk (5th)Onion (5th) Date Palm (6th) Mango (3rd) Tangerines, mandarin orange, clementine (8th) Rice (8th) Wheat (9th) Oranges (10th).

We also produce 18,200 thousand metric tons of Wheat, 2,083 thousand metric tons of meat, 95,000 metric tons of bananas and more other products

Still think we can export rice only?

How can you prove it?

If we are 30 years behind, would Pakistan be credited a ‘Rising Star’ in Research by ScienceWatch?

If we are 30 years behind, would Pakistan be featured in the Global Services Location Index by A.T. Kearney?

If we are 30 years behind,would Pakistan create a Rescue Robot to Participates in Robocup and earned 17th placing?

If we are 30 years behind, wouldStudents Collect Honors at the 2009 International Science Olympiads?

If we are 30 years behind, would Dell inaugurates a new Center of Excellence in Karachi?

If we are 30 years behind, would a Pakistani boy created a facebook game called White Rabbit?

If we are 30 years behind, would Pakistan In 1990, became first muslim majority country to successfully developed artificial robot satellite which was launched by the China?

If we are 30 years behind, would Pakistan have produced famous inventors and engineers such as Munir Ahmad Khan, Asad Abidi, Ashraf Choudhary, and Abdul Qadeer Khan?

If we are 30 years behind, would a company called Mindstorm studios a lahore based company has developed a game called Cricket Revolution which also won the Cricket gaming awards 2010?

If we are 30 years behind, would Pakistan have even launched an indigenously produced satellite Paksat-1R, and would go on to launch its first communications satellite on August 14, 2011?

If we are that technologically so backwards, would we do all this?And there are 100s I could name for you of our technological achievement, so think again.

When you get the "next TRANCHE of IMF loan approved " your govt officials are singing and celebrating.

Now that is plain silly. A lot of countries have aid package, even India!

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Brown announces India aid package

UK announces £825m aid package for India | Politics | guardian.co.uk

EUR470 Million Aid Package For India Proposed

Foreign Aid India

Need more??

So I suggest, you think about what you have written, and try to come out with some better critism.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
Oh yes, we live in caves, but in those caves we have greater percentage of internet using population, greater percentage of mobile phone subscribers, greater percentage of our country has access to mobile phones and Internet, Internet and mobile services are also easily available and at lower rates as compared to India but if it helps you to sleep better at night, yep we are 100,000 years behind you, technologically, Oh look, my neighbour just invented the wheel !!!!!!!!

Internet Users in Pakistan hit 17.5 Million Mark - ProPakistani

Pakistan goes from 300,000 to 90 million cell phone users in under 8 years | TechLahore

Internet Usage in Pakistan!!!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2010

At the present moment, Pakistan has about 79,000 broadband users – which for a country of almost 170 million remains staggeringly low. Many of these 70,000 broadband users are on 128kbps bandwidth limited connections, which isn’t broadband, as the PTA report itself points out.

My own estimate is that the true number of broadband connections in Pakistan is a fourth of PTA’s number – this is the generous estimate, and could be as low as a sixth of PTA’s number. So we’re looking at only 13,000 to 20,000 broadband connections in Pakistan! On the bright side, the report estimates that there will be 5 million broadband connections by 2010.

Of interest is that the report says Wateen Telecom’s Wimax network can support 1 million plus users, making it the largest Wimax deployment in the world – and that it is expected to launch at the end of this year.

This is the PTA, and just to point out yet again that they still don’t quite get the internet, they’ve published the report in pdf only, and that too at a hefty 100kb per page.

Thu Feb 25, 2010

At the present moment, Pakistan has about 79,000 broadband users – which for a country of almost 170 million remains staggeringly low. Many of these 70,000 broadband users are on 128kbps bandwidth limited connections, which isn’t broadband, as the PTA report itself points out.

My own estimate is that the true number of broadband connections in Pakistan is a fourth of PTA’s number – this is the generous estimate, and could be as low as a sixth of PTA’s number. So we’re looking at only 13,000 to 20,000 broadband connections in Pakistan! On the bright side, the report estimates that there will be 5 million broadband connections by 2010.

Of interest is that the report says Wateen Telecom’s Wimax network can support 1 million plus users, making it the largest Wimax deployment in the world – and that it is expected to launch at the end of this year.

This is the PTA, and just to point out yet again that they still don’t quite get the internet, they’ve published the report in pdf only, and that too at a hefty 100kb per page.

Pakistan has 12 mn Internet users - SiliconIndia

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's internet link crippled

"...Pakistan has more than 10 million internet users.."

Google - public data

10 percent out of 170million people on Pakistan= 17 million people in 2008

Asia Internet Usage Stats and Population Statistics

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGk0_zv7xLS1cA0ZRXNyoA?fr2=sg-gac&sado=1&p=pakistan%20number%20of%20internet%20users&fr=yfp-t-701&fp_ip=sg&rd=r1&meta=vc%3Dsg&pqstr=Pakistan%20number%20of%20internet&gprid=GpXvoFzcT5ybp244biYnYA&sac=1&sao=1

It doesn't matter if broadband or not, there is still internet access right?

Thu Feb 25, 2010

20000 to 70000 broadband connections ? Don't embarrass yourself:
Telecommunications in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It clearly states that there are over 22 million internet subscribers in Pakistan,
And 600,000 broadband subscribers using net of speeds between 512kbps to 12mbps.

Not that up to date are you ? Wateen was launched back in the start of 2005 so the article you are quoting must be from 2004.........

Robert Fisk is too damn right. He has put his hand on the pulse of Pakistani nation and correctly diagnosed the ailment.

60% of Pakistan's surface area has been turned into a battlefield to please the Americans. Our corrupt political and military leaders have Created and fueled extremism in Pakistan to justify their role as "allies" in the Global War on Terror. We are actually low paid camp followers, entitled to less than 2% of the US appropriations on war. The US just could not find cheaper gun fodder anywhere else in the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom