What's new

Robert Fisk: Pakistan Is In Pieces

There is nothing strategic about Pakistan's location unless it makes it as it has done by creating the Tully-Bans in pakistan. In normal peace scenario, Pakistan has and never had anything remotely strategic to offer to the world..... it is about creating chaos because that is where the army can thrive in....

Educate yourself and put down the hate literature you've reading for a bit. Your wishing it doesn't make it true. Pakistan connects the energy reserves in the west with 2.5B people in the east. It presents the only viable access to Afghanistan and many parts of central asia. It provides China, the 21st century's greatest power, with access to southern waters. It's highway network connects China, the world's largest exporter, with the rich middle east. It also provides China with a rail link to Turkey, one of the world's best performing economies, and the rest of Europe. One can go on, but your hatred and lack of reason are both pretty transparent. I don't know that facts would do your condition much good.

If Pakistan had any strategic importance, the United States would not have turned its back on it for 10 years and sanctioned it in the 1990's.

Very weak argument. By that coin, China, Russia, Iran and every other country the US has gotten sideways with had no strategic importance. Let's not be so simplistic, shall we?

There is nothing strategic about Pakistan's location unless it makes it as it has done by creating the Tully-Bans in pakistan. In normal peace scenario, Pakistan has and never had anything remotely strategic to offer to the world..... it is about creating chaos because that is where the army can thrive in....

man i think u have multiple deniability with lots of khushfehmi sydrome. Cure it :rofl: :smokin:

NOTHING SAD MUNNA
enemies can not appreciate us and friends can never think ill of us

so chill or burn in ur hate

btw ur ill feelings for my country dont bother me as ***** comming out tell me what u are

Very weak argument. By that coin, China, Russia, Iran and every other country the US has gotten sideways with had no strategic importance. Let's not be so simplistic, shall we?
China - Hates the US for interfering too much by supporting the Nationalists (who are now Taiwan) over the Communists. Hates the US' meddling in its affairs too much. The US meddles because China is important.

Russia - Hates the US because it was involved in a 50 year cold war with it. Obviously you don't get into a war with a country if it was not important to you.

Iran - Same as China. Hates the US for covertly overthrowing its original government and putting into a power a reckless dictator (the Shah). You don't get so involved in the affairs of another country if it was not of strategic importance.

Pakistan - Only important to gain access to Afghanistan. In the 1980s and post-2001. The US is looking to depend less on Pakistan by routing more supplies through Central Asia. When the war in Afghanistan ends, so does the new era of US-Pakistani friendship. This might actually be best for Pakistan as it would allow it time to reunite a bitterly divided country, but Pakistan's neighbors might not allow it that time to get everything together. The Taliban want to take over the border regions, the Balochis want to secede, and India is waiting to press its advantage in Kashmir (and perhaps beyond).

Educate yourself and put down the hate literature you've reading for a bit. Your wishing it doesn't make it true. Pakistan connects the energy reserves in the west with 2.5B people in the east. It presents the only viable access to Afghanistan and many parts of central asia. It provides China, the 21st century's greatest power, with access to southern waters. It's highway network connects China, the world's largest exporter, with the rich middle east. It also provides China with a rail link to Turkey, one of the world's best performing economies, and the rest of Europe. One can go on, but your hatred and lack of reason are both pretty transparent. I don't know that facts would do your condition much good.
As long as Pakistan is stable and violence-free, it is important to China.

The war in Afghanistan is evaporating what little importance Pakistan might have had by destabilizing it. That's what I meant earlier by leaving Pakistan weaker and leaving India stronger.

muaaaa

and then again you see our map pakistan's Balochistan province is at the mouth of strait of Hurmaz, from where 40 % of worlds oil supply passes daily.....

You're thinking of Iran mate.

Also, all of the central asian nations have been connected to Iran for decades, Iran has road and rail links with all of them. Pakistan doesn't even have road and rail networks linking Gwadwar to western Pakistan.

So i urge Pakistani members not to live in a fantasy and turn this thread into a pissing contest and actually talk about the article, something no one has done. All everyone has done is talk about Robert Frisk. The article is actually pretty factual. The sooner Pakistan realises the mess it is in, the sooner it will sort the mess out.

Last edited:
You're thinking of Iran mate.

You correct my friend but Pakistan also is placed directly at the mouth of Strait of Hormuz with Iran of course.

This is why Iran and Pakistan need to cooperate on every matter and the pipeline is an excellent step.

Let's hope we can show the world the importance of brotherly nations when they join forces.

You correct my friend but Pakistan also is placed directly at the mouth of Strait of Hormuz with Iran of course.

This is why Iran and Pakistan need to cooperate on every matter and the pipeline is an excellent step.

Let's hope we can show the world the importance of brotherly nations when they join forces.
That will be difficult when Pakistan stands by and allows (or even supports) Israel and the United States in an attack on Iran.

Even Saudi-Arabia has allegedly allowed use of its airspace (by Israel!) for an attack on Iran.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom