What's new

Rise of the Mughal Empire and the Reign of Akbar the Great DOCUMENTARY

Sword must be lifted for a good cause. No?

I am not against empire building since that was the norm of that time but what Timur did was just pure destruction and savagery. There are other examples of superb warrior emperors which you could give but Timur...[/QUO

atilla is next in line, .................?

One has to admire the British. They were so few yet made all of us their donkeys.

i admire them mate. they put crow eggs under chicken, and ,.......... the new generation of slaves was born.............till today,

He was obliged to a lot of things that he did not do. You're partially right that some times it was political but often times it was religious. In any case, he had made it clear that he would not rule in what could be called a secular way so the point is somewhat moot. The imposition of jizya and convert or die conquests sent a clear message throughout the land.

I feel that people in India under-appreciate Aurangzeb. Had Aurangzeb and his successors turned out like Akbar, the dynasty might not have ended. He certainly moved the needle in making people understand the need to unite on religious grounds (Hindus are traditionally a very divided lot). Much like the British who I feel moved the needle in making people understand the need to unite politically.

You are looking at things with the benefit of hindsight of around 400 years. Secularism as it is understood today was an alien concept. There was a state religion and then there was the question on how to deal with other religions. This was not limited to Aurangzeb. Every Hindu ruler had to grapple with this question as well. I think there is enough evidence to point that temple destruction during his rule was not rampant as it was made out to be, and was out of political conquests and justice, than a purely religious motive.

Perhaps out of laziness, I do not wish to dissect the life of Aurangzeb and second guess his intentions. However, there is a general desire for people to cherry pick one or two incidents out of a person's life and classify them as "good" or "bad". In the current political climate in India, it is even more apparent where such a narrative is important.

With a rule of roughly 50 years, we could find enough incidents from his times to support a variety of differing opinions. I personally do not care too much whether he was "good" or "bad"; I just enjoy reading history without passing judgement.

i admire them mate. they put crow eggs under chicken, and ,.......... the new generation of slaves was born.............till today,
Yes indeed.

We are still their mental slaves.

I don't believe I've changed anything. As to whether it bothers, it doesn't. I do explain to the Indian members about why Pakistan does what it does - many get confused on why Pakistan is claiming anything from India.

"claiming anything from India". Ah I see where you are going with this. And yes, Indians like you continue to invent arbitrary tests on what Pakistanis can and cannot claim. The same "tests" suddenly don't seem to apply to India, like you have done very creatively above. Very well, you continue to do your thing. I did not realise you were pandering to your own audience and predisposed perceptions.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I said majority of Pakistanis (Punjabis, Sindhis) share ethnic ties with India. I did not say that Punjabis and Sindhis are the same ethnic group.

Arjun (from Bengaluru) is today in the same country that Aurangzeb ruled from (Delhi). Arjun, therefore, does have a right. Abdul from Rawalpindi does not. He fails the two tests:
1. Mughals rule from any part of what is currently Pakistan (note: I am saying rule from (i.e. capital) not rule areas of)
2. Mughals did not originate from any part of what is currently Pakistan

The only ruler Pakistan can legitimately claim is Ranjit Singh. No one else. It's the same logic that when Pakistanis say 'we' ruled Spain, the Arabs are perplexed about what the Pakistani is high on.
My dear if majority today amongst Muslims is confused on the very basics of Islam.... It ain't the fault of ... Islam :-)
However, although ofcourse u got so many other things to do but if u ever, out of the most distant of curiosity's sake wanna delve into early Islamic history, u'd come to know how pure the concept of human equality is in Islam.
There were literally ppl blown away from absolutely different 180° opposite ethnicities n cultures n ideologies who willingly came into the fold of Islam due to its ground breaking & anti status quo message n willingly many warrior class guys also came to the service of the old ideology under new name of Islam.
All this confusion is of later years otherwise if v were in a utopian world.... U'd b surprised to c wat many call UMMAH CHUMMAH to b a very practical infact vital part of the ideology of Islam.

But alas......

PS: Islam is for all times n all ppl.... Whenever one wants to join in he is accepted as absolute equal as he's coming back or reverting to one true ideology so no elite class can control who enters the fild of Islam.

Eventually everything is naturally going towards WAHDAT UL WAJOOD.... oneness of Almighty & it's the detiny if this finite world.

Everything else is relative what to speak of Pakistanis it anyone trying to find out heroes here n there.... EACH & EVERYONE will logically n willingly accept the concept of oneness propagated by Islam eventually.

Peace out.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Kindly read below is what Muslims call KHUTBA AL WADA .... THE LAST SERMON if our holy prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam... Peace be upon him)
If many Kings n rykers in history did wrong that's their own perverted mindset but u want to bring Islam into discussion then just give a few minutes or of ur busy lives to what the founder of Islam has to say that's it!

Last Sermon Of Holy Prophet (PBUH)

(Peace and Love of Allah may eternally descend upon Him and His Pious Family and Companions)

“All praise is due to Allah, so we praise Him, and seek His pardon and we turn to Him. We seek refuge with Allah from the evils of ourselves and from the evil consequences of our deeds. Whom Allah guides aright there is none to lead him astray; and there is none to guide him aright whom Allah leads astray. I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, the One,
having no partner with Him. His is the sovereignty and to Him is due all praise. He grants life and causes death and is Powerful over everything. There is no God but Allah, the One; He fulfilled His promise and granted victory to His bondsman, and He alone routed the confederates (of the enemies of Islam).

O’ People! Listen to my words, for I do not know whether we shall ever meet again and perform Hajj after this year. O’ Ye people! Allah says, O’ people We created you from one male and one female and made you into tribes and nations, so as to be known to one another. Verily in the sight of Allah, the most honoured amongst you is the one who is most
God-fearing. There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for the white over the black nor for the black over the white except in God-conciousness.

All mankind is the progeny of Adam and Adam was fashioned out of clay. Behold; every claim of privilage whether that of blood or property, is under my heels except that of the custody of the Ka’bah and supplying of water to the pilgrims, O’ people of Quraish, don’t appear (on the Day of Judgement) with the burden of this world around your necks, whereas other people may appear (before the Lord) with the rewards of the hereafter. In that case I shall avail you naught against Allah.

Behold! All practice of the days of ignorance are now under my feet. The blood revenges of the days of ignorance are remitted. The first claim on blood I abolish is that of Ibn Rabiah bin Harith who was nursed in the tribe of Sa’ad and whom the Hudhayls killed. All interest and usurious
dues accruing from the times of ignorance stand wiped out. And the first amount of interest that I remit is that which Abbas ibn Abd-al Muttalib had to receive. Verily it is remitted entirely.

O’ people! Verily yor blood, your property and your honour are sacred and inviolable until you appear before your Lord, as the sacred inviolability of this day of yours, this month of yours and this very town (of yours). Verily you will soon meet your Lord and you will be held answerable for your actions.

O’ people! Verily you have got certain rights over your women and your women have certain rights over you. It is your right upon them to honor their conjugal rights, and not to commit acts of impropriety, which if they do, you are authorized by Allah to separate them from your beds amd chastise them, but not severely, and if they refrain, then clothe and feed them properly.

Behold! It is not permissible for a woman to give anything from the wealth of her husband to anyone but with his consent.

Treat the women kindly, since they are your helpers and not in a position to manage their affairs themselves. Fear Allah concerning women, for verily you have taken them on the security of Allah and have made their persons lawful unto you by words of Allah.

O’ people! Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, has ordained to every one his due share (of inheritance). Hence there is no need (of special) testament for an heir (departing from the rules laid down by the Shari’ah).

The child belongs to the marriage-bed and the violator of wedlock shall be stoned. And Reckoning of their (deeds) rests with Allah.

He who attributes his ancestry to other than his father or claims his clientship to other than his master, the curse of Allah is upon him.

All depts must be repaid, all borrowed property must be returned, gifts should be reciprocated and a surety must make good the loss to the assured. Beware! No one committing a crime is responsible for it but himself.

Neither the child is responsible for the crime of his father, nor the father is responsible for the crime of his child. Nothing of his brother is lawful for a Muslim except what he himself gives willingly. So do not wrong yourselves.

O’ People! Every Muslim is the brother of every other Muslim, and all the Muslims form one brotherhood. And your slaves; see that you feed them with such food as you eat yourselves, and clothe them with the clothes that you yourselves wear.

Take heed not to go astray after me and strike one another’s necks. He who (amongst you) has any trust with him, he must return it to its owner.

O’ people! Listen and obey, though a mangled Abyssinian slave is appointed your Amir, provided he executes (the Ordinance of) the Book of Allah among you.

O’ people! No Prophet would be raised after me and no new Ummah (would be
formed) after you.

Verily I have left amongst you that which will never lead you astray, the Book of Allah, which if you hold fast you shall never go astray.

And beware of transgressing the limits set in the matters of religion, for it is transgression of (the proper bounds of) religion that brought destruction to many people before you.

Verily, the satan is disappointed at ever being worshipped in this land of yours, but he will be pleased by obedience in anything (short of worship that is) in matters you may be disposed to think insignificant, so beware of him in your matters of religion.

Behold! Worship your Lord; offer prayers five times a day; observe fast in the month of Ramadhaan; pay readily the Zakat (poor due) on your property; and perform pilgrimage to the House of God and obey your rulers and you will be admitted to the Paradise of your Lord.

Let him that is present, convey it unto him who is absent, for many people to whom the message is conveyed may be more mindful of it than the audience.

And if you were asked about me, what would you say?”

They answered, “We bear witness that you have conveyed the trust (of religion) and discharged your ministry of Prophet hood and looked to our welfare.”

Thereupon Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) lifted his forefinger
towards the sky and then pointing towards people said:

“O’ Lord: Bear Thou witness unto it.

O’ Lord: Bear Thou witness unto it.”

(Khutbat-ul-Hajjatul Wida, Seerat Ibne Hesham)

Holy Prophet (PBUH)

Past 1200 years history, since Muslim rule over the entire region from Uzbekistan to Afghanistan to Pakistan to whole of India and Bangladesh, it was one Muslim ruler fighting to expand over other Muslim rulers, the Hindus and Sikhs were just not good enough to fight big Muslim Islamic armies, the Hindus were a side show fearful of getting looted, the India Hindu mind will stay stuck in its narrowness, defeatist mindset, it was not Paktoon Army, nor Punjabi Army, or nor Sindhi Army, or the Punjabi Greatest General of recent times COAS Raheel Sharif, who is now the boss of Arab armies. LoL, or Ayub Khan Pathan General, that these Hindu idiots will even consider, the fact is a Muslim is a Muslim belonging to one Islamic religion belief in Allah that ruled over in collective of 1000 years over you Indian Hindus, Sikhs etc, extending their Empires century after century, that amalgamation is a result of those is "creation of Afghanistan and Pakistan", and it was the same ISI which liberated the Central Asian States.

If it was an Hindu Indian, he would say Afghanistan had foreign invaders from Central Asia that ruled over Afghanistan for over 300 years, but for Muslim and Afghans, it is same one Ummah Concept that it the spread of Islam that matters, Empires come and go, just as Pakistan is a Nuke power holding the biggest and strongest Armies in Islamic World.

Like one big Muslim Army Empire fighting the other one big Muslim Army, looting the war bounties yes killing local Muslims along due to wars, but two big powers fighting for power, the little fearful Hindus, or Sikhs just watched the side show, and had no power to fight them and create huge empires and kingdoms. Infact Hindus could not ever come and rule over the current Punjab, KPK, Baluchistan etc.

Back
Top Bottom