What's new

Is Pakistan the heir to the Mughals?

Is Pakistan the heir to the Mughals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander even treated Porus as an ally and by that time he had an army of Greeks,Persians and Indians.
This may come as a shock to you but Alexander never set foot in India. He turned back as he approached the territory today known as India.

Saying Alexander conquered or fought Indians is like saying German Afrika Korps fought South Africa just because that country has the name 'Africa'.

Or Romanians claming they are Romans because of the name. Have a look at this map which details Alexander's movements in the region.

1645191783693.png

Detailed map of Pakistan with route of Alexanders march. Porus fought Alexander at Jhelum. I am pretty sure we will have PDF members from that district in Pakistan.

1645191851283.png

A more scoped map of Jhelum district in Pakistan where Alexander fought Porus. Clearly he was not a Gangu but a man from the Indus region.

1645191976395.png

I did a threa on this few years back.

He was Hindustani too.
LOL.

The Syed was dismissive, not you. Just making sure nothing is ambiguous.

This may come as a shock to you but Alexander never set foot in India. He turned back as he approached the territory today known as India.

Saying Alexander conquered or fought Indians is like saying German Afrika Korps fought South Africa just because that country has the name 'Africa'.

Or Romanians claming they are Romans because of the name. Have a look at this map which details Alexander's movements in the region.

View attachment 816502

Detailed map of Pakistan with route of Alexanders march. Porus fought Alexander at Jhelum. I am pretty sure we will have PDF members from that district in Pakistan.

View attachment 816503

A more scoped map of Jhelum district in Pakistan where Alexander fought Porus. Clearly he was not a Gangu but a man from the Indus region.

View attachment 816505

Good try, but no cigar. I have to vanish for a bit, but will explain in full on return. I am sure you will reject the explanation, but it will be there nevertheless.

View attachment 816502

View attachment 816503

View attachment 816505

This area was ancient India. The name India is based on the Indus. People originating from the area carried the Indian [Hindustani] identity to other parts of India.

Last edited:
Mughals were full desis both by blood and culture. Akbar's maternal side were persian migrants and all mughal emperors after him were Indian from mother side. And I have read somewhere mughal kings Hindus ki tarah tilak bhi lagatay thay. Having farsi as sarkari language doesn't mean they were farsi speakers. Pakistans sarkari language jaisay English ha waisay unki farsi thi
We have it, however, on the report of the English Ambassador to the Mughal Court of Jehangir, that he earned a lot of goodwill by talking to the Emperor in Turkish, that he had learnt in Constantinople.

As you know, Babar was a well-regarded author in Chaghatai Turkish.

This area was ancient India. The name India is based on the Indus. People originating from the area carried the Indian identity to other parts of India.
Site couldn't be reached. Sorry.

Neither Alexander nor Porus seem to have differentiated between the kingdoms and areas they fought (in), and areas further into the Gangetic plains. according to Greek histories he fought a Indian frontier kingdom.
strange.

Neither Alexander nor Porus seem to have differentiated between the kingdoms and areas they fought (in), and areas further into the Gangetic plains
?
according to Greek histories he fought a Indian frontier kingdom.
strange.
This depends on how you translate/transliterate those Greek histories. I don't think the name 'India' was even coined in 300 BC. How you translate/transliterate those Greek histories today is the point to look out for.

I suspect that the point I was trying to make has been completely lost. Maybe we should drop it all together.
Well, you mentioned him being dismissive of SDRE people [I don't think it is true], however, this has nothing to do with being in denial of ancient India as Pakistanis are. The map image is of Pakistan [posted by Indus Pakistan] which is ancient India. The whole world knows this.

Last edited:
There is a family in Lahore that is recognized as being direct descendant, don't know where they are know, the head used to be a judge or something, not sure though.
I actually know the direct descendants of Bahadur shah Zafar living in Kolkata in a very poor condition.
They do thrive on a minimal pension provided by govt of India

Neither Alexander nor Porus seem to have differentiated between the kingdoms and areas they fought (in), and areas further into the Gangetic plains. according to Greek histories he fought a Indian frontier kingdom.
strange.
Because the word India carries a lot of baggage with it. Complicated history. Lets just say Alexander fought a Punjabi king, that's who Porus was. This is something both Indians and Pakistanis can agree on. Because otherwise its tough for modern day Indians to claim Porus as Indian. Porus was a Punjabi belonging to the area that is modern day Punjab, Pakistan. In the ancient past these 'lands' may have been called by the name India. But for this argument, has no connection to modern day nation of India or modern day Indians for that matter.

Because the word India carries a lot of baggage with it. Complicated history. Lets just say Alexander fought a Punjabi king, that's who Porus was. This is something both Indians and Pakistanis can agree on. Because otherwise its tough for modern day Indians to claim Porus as Indian. Porus was a Punjabi belonging to the area that is modern day Punjab, Pakistan. In the ancient past these 'lands' may have been called by the name India. But for this argument, has no connection to modern day nation of India or modern day Indians for that matter.
People and culture move beyond the borders of today, a punjabi of ancient India(pakistan area) could very well have landed in UP in some generations. It isn't beyond scope of reality that one of Porus's descendents could very well be in modern day India and contributing to the nation. People claim association based on what they see as cultural/religious similarity.

The biggest thing Indians today get tripped on is that they see India as some sort of homogeneous state and identity

Which it NEVER was, India was a geographical area full of multiple people's, states, kings, empires etc and had differing histories

Indians today or the hindutva bakhts at least want to proclaim a eternal history and akhand Bharat which is nothing more then fantasy

People and culture move beyond the borders of today, a punjabi of ancient India(pakistan area) could very well have landed in UP in some generations. It isn't beyond scope of reality that one of Porus's descendents could very well be in modern day India and contributing to the nation. People claim association based on what they see as cultural/religious similarity.
Uday you are clutching for straws. And what you end up with is conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom