Is Pakistan the heir to the Mughals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tower9

Reaction score
Country
China
I have recently been watching documentaries about the history of the Mughal Empire in the subcontinent.

I was wondering if Pakistanis today consider their country to be an heir to the Mughal Empire?

Obviously I think between Pakistan and India, Pakistan is culturally the more legitimate heir to the Mughal Empire even though most of the great monuments of the Mughals are in and around Northern India from Delhi to Agra. However, under the BJP led India, I believe Hindutva is actively seeking to shred links and traces of the Mughal past. The Mughals came from around modern day Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, and controlled the territory of Pakistan for most of their reign. They fused Turkic/Persian with local South Asian cultures and are Muslim, so obviously Pakistan can be considered the most accurate modern heir of the Mughal legacy.

Agree or disagree?

I have recently been watching documentaries about the history of the Mughal Empire in the subcontinent.

I was wondering if Pakistanis today consider their country to be an heir to the Mughal Empire?

Obviously I think between Pakistan and India, Pakistan is culturally the more legitimate heir to the Mughal Empire even though most of the great monuments of the Mughals are in and around Northern India from Delhi to Agra. However, under the BJP led India, I believe Hindutva is actively seeking to shred links and traces of the Mughal past. The Mughals came from around modern day Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, and controlled the territory of Pakistan for most of their reign. They fused Turkic/Persian with local South Asian cultures and are Muslim, so obviously Pakistan can be considered the most accurate modern heir of the Mughal legacy.

Agree or disagree?
They do, but how accurate is that is up for debate.

Given Lahore City the huge Capital of Mughals for centuries, so many big forts, Tombs of Jahangir, and many Mughal leaders not just in Lahore City but everywhere in Pakistan, go to Peshawar, Go to Kandahar, Go to Multan, where from they ruled India for centuries and centuries are truly the heir to the Mughals.

Evidence is all thier to see in Pakistan and even Afghanistan and Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

I am not too sure, I personally don't think so but its debatable
India is heir to khalsa empire even though there was barely nothing on the indian side, india also claims to be the heir to Chanakya and you know they say zero was invented in india but it wasn't invented in modern day parts of india afaik and are probably our ancestors

But In all these situation we and the world consider India to be heir to this history even though technically it might not be true

So "heir" is a confusing theme you define heir by ideology, history, geography ?
all 3 will give you different answers

first we need to define what makes someone a heir?

Last edited:
Pakistan is heir to any Muslim empire which ruled over the Indian subcontinent.

A Hindu (their far from secular) country cannot be the heir to any Muslim empire.

Pakistan is heir to any Muslim empire which ruled over the Indian subcontinent.

A Hindu (their far from secular) country cannot be the heir to any Muslim empire.

A country that was made in the name of Allah, has no business associating itself with kings that came in a series of thousands throughout history. The motives/ideals/morals of this nation reside in the excellent men who lived 1400 years ago in Medina.

Although this country has not reached even 1/1000th the level of distinction those men enjoyed 1400 years ago, the struggle must not end. Educating this nation will take a lot of time and rehmat from Allah. Muslims of the subcontinent have been led astray by "elders" for the past 400 years. But there is an underground reformation ongoing in Pakistan since at least 2010, which will greatly help the nation to break away from all colonial/Turkic/Arab complexes.

Last edited:
A country that was made in the name of Allah, has no business associating itself with kings that came in a series of thousands throughout history. The motives/ideals/morals of this nation reside in the excellent men who lived 1400 years ago in Medina.

Although this country has not reached even 1/1000th the level of distinction those men enjoyed 1400 years ago, the struggle must not end. Educating this nation will take a lot of time and rehmat from Allah. Muslims of the subcontinent have been led astray by "elders" for the past 400 years. But there is an underground reformation ongoing in Pakistan since at least 2010, which can greatly help the nation to break away from all colonial/Turkic/Arab complexes.
All of Indian subcontinent is Muslim lands. We never forgot the gains Muslims made before us in this subcontinent. The country made in the name of Islam in the subcontinent is the heir of every single inch of land which was under Muslim rule at one point. Hadith tell us about Ghazwa e Hind. One day In Sha Allah the whole subcontinent will become Muslim lands again.

Agree or disagree?
Yes, I too believe Pakistan is the successor to the Mughal Sultanate.

What would Hindus have anything to do with a Muslim empire?

Yes, but nowadays Indians claim everything as theirs, even though before 1947 India was non-existant, thus their claim is invalid. even Pakistan is a older country than India by a day.

Chanakya was from present day Bihar although he was educated at Taxila which is in Pakistan today
Some people even claim that he was from south India, but I don't know, I am just going by google and most sources that I saw claim he was from Taxila (although admittedly even they said its blurry) So I don't know, it seems his origins are blurry

Last edited:
Successors of Mughal Saltanat are lynching people every other day.

Sorry mate we've the most Jahil awam on earth we act totally like the Indians in our manners, habits and you're saying we're their heirs? No, as per our conduct, we're the heirs of nasties of India.

Also, do not associate yourself with kings and lavishers. Islam does not allow it.

Am expecting next thread after a year.
*Is Pakistan the heir of Ottoman Empire?* Because almost every Gujjar, Araeen, Kamoka, Butt nowadays is trying to prove how they're from Turkish lineage. Before they use to try their luck on Persian lineage.

On a funny note, enjoy:

No, but in some cultural aspects, we should try to be. Considering no one else wants to take up the mantle, Pakistan can (if it so chooses) claim to be the rightful cultural inheritors of Mughal culture, ignoring what we have done with the inheritance. There is no need to try to revive the dynastic rule of Mughals, we already have enough of that kind of mindset amongst politicians. What we can work on is bringing back the cultural products of the civilization that attracted visitors and enriched the lives of the people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom