What's new

Is Pakistan the heir to the Mughals?

Is Pakistan the heir to the Mughals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mera na Baap Mughal tha , na Dada all working class

Mugal were just a family under power how can it even relate to anything in modern Pakistan ?

I looked in my closet , found no Crown or Tiera

All I know is when the Muslims were mopping floor , handful of Muslims accepted Education as means to end their sorry state and eventually created a political party to gather around.

Eventually it lead to the 23rd March decision where need for a homeland for Muslims

Last edited:
Pakistan is heir of Indus Valley civilisation till modern day Islamic republic of Pakistan
Lol, don't insult the IVC by comparing it to modern day Pakistan
Mera na Baap Mughal tha , na Dada all working class

Mugal were just a family under power how can it even relate to anything in modern Pakistan ?

I looked in my closet , found no Crown or Tiera

All I know is when the Muslims were mopping floor , handful of Muslims accepted Education as means to end their sorry state and eventually created a political party to gather around.

Eventually it lead to the 23rd March decision where need for a homeland for Muslims
Finally a sensible post in this thread, we have nothing to do with Mughals. They are long gone and dusted, time to move on

How much fusion do you allow after which some people stop being considered 'heirs' to a particular empire? 100 years? 300 years?

Firstly no Hindu claims to be heir to the Mughal empire. We claim the heritage to the extent that it is a shared heritage (the influences in architecture, food, music etc). Of course, we cannot also close our eyes and minds to the numerous monuments, which were built with the sweat, blood and tax money of our ancestors. And not just my ancestors, but also the ancestor of every Pakistani on PDF.

I hope you know that the Mughal empire stretched till the Bay of Bengal through a combination of administrative machineries. There are various ethnic groups that inhabit these lands - Hindu jaats, Rajputs, Biharis, Bengalis and Assamese. That is why I asked first - how much fusion do you allow? The Mughals were numerically a small group when they arrived in India. Pakistanis would conveniently restrict it to a level where their fair skinned brethren can be passed off as a Mughal, despite the fact that early Mughals had distinct Mongoloid appearance.

What is referred to as Persianized Mughal court culture existed in large parts in an area that was known as Central Provinces and United Provinces during British rule. Some Muslims from this region (as well as others) migrated to Pakistan after 1947, but a large majority stayed back. Do these Indian muslims have more right to claim the Mughal empire?

Lahore was not the only seat of the Mughal empire. Delhi and Agra were also Mughal capitals at different points. For conquerors, a battle for India was the battle for Delhi, not Lahore. This is not to deny the importance and cultural majesty of Lahore, but one needs to call out revisionist tendencies, whether they are of the Pakistani variety or Indian variety. There is a lot of attempt in India these days to resurrect Hindu figures and events from history (and I have absolutely no problem with that), but in the process we are giving Pakistan an opportunity to act as the sole custodian of our Mughal/Islamic history. Even if BJP is trying to shred those links, the claims of heritage cannot automatically fall on the lap of Pakistanis exclusively.

Frankly all claims to glorious empires are hollow in today's times. The countries that have done well are those that have chosen to focus on the present and future.

Pakistan is heir to any Muslim empire which ruled over the Indian subcontinent.

A Hindu (their far from secular) country cannot be the heir to any Muslim empire.
Pakistan can strengthen its Mughal credentials by finding out heirs of the last Mughal emperor and giving them constitutional official roles.

Pakistan can strengthen its Mughal credentials by finding out heirs of the last Mughal emperor and giving them constitutional official roles.
What's the point of that?

What's the point of that?
It's Pakistan cultural heritage, Mughals were the last Muslim dynasty before British usurped them. British still have royal family and crown, they celebrate royal weddings, royal births with huge fanfare, why shouldn't Pakistan at least recognize the present heirs and give them a ceremonial role?

It's Pakistan cultural heritage, Mughals were the last Muslim dynasty before British usurped them. British still have royal family and crown, they celebrate royal weddings, royal births with huge fanfare, why shouldn't Pakistan at least recognize the present heirs and give them a ceremonial role?
I wouldn't mind that but nothing which actually grants them any power to change anything related to Pakistan

I believe in meritocracy

Does Pakistan even have any mughal ancestry claimants to recognize? In India they pop up every now and then

How much fusion do you allow after which some people stop being considered 'heirs' to a particular empire? 100 years? 300 years?

Firstly no Hindu claims to be heir to the Mughal empire. We claim the heritage to the extent that it is a shared heritage (the influences in architecture, food, music etc). Of course, we cannot also close our eyes and minds to the numerous monuments, which were built with the sweat, blood and tax money of our ancestors. And not just my ancestors, but also the ancestor of every Pakistani on PDF.

I hope you know that the Mughal empire stretched till the Bay of Bengal through a combination of administrative machineries. There are various ethnic groups that inhabit these lands - Hindu jaats, Rajputs, Biharis, Bengalis and Assamese. That is why I asked first - how much fusion do you allow? The Mughals were numerically a small group when they arrived in India. Pakistanis would conveniently restrict it to a level where their fair skinned brethren can be passed off as a Mughal, despite the fact that early Mughals had distinct Mongoloid appearance.

What is referred to as Persianized Mughal court culture existed in large parts in an area that was known as Central Provinces and United Provinces during British rule. Some Muslims from this region (as well as others) migrated to Pakistan after 1947, but a large majority stayed back. Do these Indian muslims have more right to claim the Mughal empire?

Lahore was not the only seat of the Mughal empire. Delhi and Agra were also Mughal capitals at different points. For conquerors, a battle for India was the battle for Delhi, not Lahore. This is not to deny the importance and cultural majesty of Lahore, but one needs to call out revisionist tendencies, whether they are of the Pakistani variety or Indian variety. There is a lot of attempt in India these days to resurrect Hindu figures and events from history (and I have absolutely no problem with that), but in the process we are giving Pakistan an opportunity to act as the sole custodian of our Mughal/Islamic history. Even if BJP is trying to shred those links, the claims of heritage cannot automatically fall on the lap of Pakistanis exclusively.

Frankly all claims to glorious empires are hollow in today's times. The countries that have done well are those that have chosen to focus on the present and future.
yep 100%, they and UP muhajirs here have more claim on Mughals than any other group on planet
as a lot of their cultural practices especially olden generation were similar to that of Mughal traditions

Mughals were not exactly fair skinned, they looked like just another rich man from UP, dont think skin color has anything to do with mughals
most of them were pretty much regular Indians (or maybe rich/upper caste) of north india,

I am sure OP is not Chinese. And Pakistan does not claim to be the hire of any empire Pakistan was created for the Muslims of subcontinent in 1947. Muslims believed freedom from British rule would prove just a change of masters for them because democracy is rule of majority and Hindus were in majority so they demanded a separate country for themselves
I want Pakistan to claim people of our land as old as 9000 years ago, I don't want to claim anything from Hindustani lands - I don't care for it

Does Pakistan even have any mughal ancestry claimants to recognize? In India they pop up every now and then
Pakistan has whole families and neighborhood with Mughal ancestry. Specially in Azad Kashmir and Pothar region. In AK they are known as Maldiyal.

Because most Pakistanis have slave mentality. They respected the person with free food and danda standing in present time.

Don’t have to find Royal blood line or DNA match to Bahadur shah Zafar. All Mughal (rulers), earned their throne through blood and sweat like real Kings do. They didn’t become kings because of Oil or sucking up to another empire.

Now any Mughal can reestablish the claim, as long as he worth his salt. Remember, not all Mughal family were living in royalty. Most extended family of kings were normal people.

Pakistan has whole families and neighborhood with Mughal ancestry. Specially in Azad Kashmir and Pothar region. In AK they are known as Maldiyal.

Because most Pakistanis have slave mentality. They respected the person with free food and danda standing in present time.
lol no one cares for Mughals, because you think you are related to one doesn't mean we should start caring for them
and because we don't care for Mughals that makes us slaves? twisted logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom