What's new

Remove Farakka barrage', demands Nitish Kumar as flood situation in Bihar turns grim

On the contrary Bihar Govt had data which they provided to the Central Govt how the Dam has dramatically affected Bihar, Hard to decide which one is the Jingoistic call. Bihar Govt or your post.

Read my post again... I am for Silt management. Only question is.. This person is CM of Bihar for last 10 years.. enlightenment came bit too late

The benefits of 'river linking' is not a slam dunk compared to the cost. However it is your money and your decision....

I think Indian inter state issues will be bigger....

What is the problem?
  • Article 246 and 7th Sch. the states have exclusive jurisdiction over waters in their territories, including inter-state rivers
  • This provision prevents Union and Judiciary to settle the issue.
  • It has also stopped the Centre from clearly defined water rights among states, and end the long drawn legal battles.
  • The latest example is the second Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal. It has turned into a warzone, with a battery of lawyers, technical staff and irrigation department officials from Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Everyone fighting to win the maximum allocation of the Krishna river for their respective state.

Yes. Certain variety of Rice needs water to mature before harvest. The dam keeps the water from flowing away. This is needed mainly in Northern districts.

Agreed with your points.. few states like Rajasthan, MP and Gujarat are doing it within their states. Lets start doing it

BD may have no option but to take military
action in future to make India behave reasonably.

dipjol-meme-generator-poont-koira-d-tui-dhongso-hoia-jaabi-0e69f0.jpg

The only reasonable solution for the flood and drought is the river linking project.

On the contrary Bihar Govt had data which they provided to the Central Govt how the Dam has dramatically affected Bihar, Hard to decide which one is the Jingoistic call. Bihar Govt or your post.
Bihar's CM want to be the 2019 PM candidate, his candidacy is challenged by Arvind kejriwal. It's internal politics, plus I don't think WB CM will agree to this demand. The best solution will be to divert the water of the rivers from MP to central India and make the land fertile, we will solve many problems there.

Bihar's CM want to be the 2019 PM candidate, his candidacy is challenged by Arvind kejriwal. It's internal politics, plus I don't think WB CM will agree to this demand. The best solution will be to divert the water of the rivers from MP to central India and make the land fertile, we will solve many problems there.

You mean divert the water from Ganges before it reaches Bihar? Sorry my Indian geography is weak. WB will agree to this?

Gotta Make a hub for chinese Subs in Bay of Bengal.

These Indians do not realise how weak they really are.
:hitwall::hitwall: Seriously !!! you will attack the poor India with HUB of submarines ??:frown::frown:

Can we plz find a diplomatic solution for this issue, there is got be a peaceful solution, I mean, I am afraid to see you all guys driving those CHINESE Submarine in lungis.:rofl::rofl: Ohh sorry, HUB of submarines.

You mean divert the water from Ganges before it reaches Bihar? Sorry my Indian geography is weak. WB will agree to this?
Nope not the main gange water but the tributaries like Ken, Betwa and Son can be diverted to the central part of India through the region of Bundelkhand and Nagpur. But only divert it when there is a chance of flood in northern & eastern part of India.

:hitwall::hitwall: Seriously !!! you will attack the poor India with HUB of submarines ??:frown::frown:

Can we plz find a diplomatic solution for this issue, there is got be a peaceful solution, I mean, I am afraid to see you all guys driving those CHINESE Submarine in lungis.:rofl::rofl: Ohh sorry, HUB of submarines.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding. Chinese Sub means chinese Sub run by chinese navy. They will just stay in BD. It will be enough.

Anyway the original post was meant to be sarcastic

Last edited:
Nope not the main gange water but the tributaries like Ken, Betwa and Son can be diverted to the central part of India through the region of Bundelkhand and Nagpur. But only divert it when there is a chance of flood in northern & eastern part of India.

Floods only occur during the monsoons, what about the dry seasons? If you divert the rivers, wouldn't it make them dry for most part of the year?

Floods only occur during the monsoons, what about the dry seasons? If you divert the rivers, wouldn't it make them dry for most part of the year?
I said whenever there is excessive water in the river, monsoon season has never been kind on the Ganga flood plains. And it will continue, the sediments of the river are very important for any region, it can convert a desert into a fertile land I think Bundelkhand region requires the sediment and water of ganga. Plus I think the river link project will not affect BD, as you already enjoy lot of waters from Bramhaputra, Padma & Teesta.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding. Chinese Sub means chinese Sub run by chinese navy. They will just stay in BD. It will be enough.

Anyway the original post was meant to be sarcastic
Mine too :lol::lol:.

It will be the last thing you do as a country. From East Pakistan > Bangladesh> Nothing....if you choose that way so be it.

Now sit back and enjoy us shafting BD through SHW each year....while 70% of BDeshis enjoy it.

It will be the last thing you do as a country. From East Pakistan > Bangladesh> Nothing....if you choose that way so be it.

I dont think you get it do you?

BD is a nation state which cannot be destroyed unless by genocide.

India is just a line drawn on the map which will change with time.

After the request from bihar CM, india opened all gates of Farakka flooding Bangladesh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom