What's new

Record Aircraft Crashes of Indian Air Force | Updates & Discussions

Since this a sticky now, this fact is needed for fair comparison:

From January 2012 onwards Number of PAF fighter losses: 26

From January 2012 onwards Number of IAF fighter losses: 33

Ratio: 1:1.27

Now taking into account the fact that IAF inventory is nearly two times larger than PAF, IAF crash rate is pretty low.
So having a sticky thread in your pea brain translates into having comparisons.:lol:
Well, let me put your little mind to rest. Most of IAF's front line inventory consists of twin engines,(SU-30, MiG-29, Jaguars). Where as all PAF aircraft are single engine. If you want to compare, just see your recent Republic Day flypast, Mirage-2000, MiG-21, Tejas, Hawks, all single engine didn't participate.
The PAF lost 9 F-16s during their 36 years of service including several years combat operations, the IAF OTOH, has crashed same number of SU-30s in 16 years without a single combat operation.
And i will let you tally the Jaguar crashes,

Jaguar should either be Darin 3 upgraded with new engines or retired ...

Since this a sticky now, this fact is needed for fair comparison:

From January 2012 onwards Number of PAF fighter losses: 26

From January 2012 onwards Number of IAF fighter losses: 33

Ratio: 1:1.27

Now taking into account the fact that IAF inventory is nearly two times larger than PAF, IAF crash rate is pretty low.

Important ly Pilots were safe most if the time

In today's crash, good job the pilot survived, albeit he looks injured.

Dx_DTLYUwAEBqMK.jpg

Mirage 2000 Fighter Aircraft Crashes In Bengaluru
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pil...al-airport-in-bengaluru-news-agency-a-1986556

Two Indian Air Force pilots suffered serious injuries after a Mirage 2000 crashed at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Airport in Yemalur near Bengaluru this morning. It was a twin-seat variant and both the pilots ejected during their take-off run. However, despite ejecting, both continue to be critical.
The Mirage 2000 trainer aircraft was on a test sortie. The aircraft reportedly couldn't take off due to a technical snag, hit the boundry wall and caught fire.
//
Reports now coming in both pilots perished. Both young Squadron leaders.
RIP. Blue Skies.

You should realise we have 800+ Gen 4 planes versus 300+ Indian Gen 4 planes. Mathematically, your crash rates are double ours. :rofl:. When have you heard Chinese J-7s crashing like coffins? a couple, not hundreds my friend.

Yah and also SU-30MKI crashes too. Thanks for reminding me.
But you are in a dictatorship.. You try to even hide your rocket failed launches. Plane crashes are a lot easier to hide. And the whole world is aware of Chinese quality. No wonder the pakistanis didn't go for a Chinese engine for Jf17 but opted for a Russian engine.

now miarage 2000 crash and both pilots are dead

But you are in a dictatorship.. You try to even hide your rocket failed launches. Plane crashes are a lot easier to hide. And the whole world is aware of Chinese quality. No wonder the pakistanis didn't go for a Chinese engine for Jf17 but opted for a Russian engine.
Last I heard whatever rocket failures and plane crashed were announced in our media. Unless of course you want to include imaginary crashes which can massage your failures. :D

He'll WS13 is not matured, of course I won't use it. WS10 is matured though. But still doesn't explain how ur gen 4 crash rates are double ours, I haven't even include those mig21, jaguars and mirage crashes. No wonder you are known as the flying coffins air force.:D

now miarage 2000 crash and both pilots are dead
Another one? Serious? Amazing competent pilots, they train them with toddy or something?

Last I heard whatever rocket failures and plane crashed were announced in our media. Unless of course you want to include imaginary crashes which can massage your failures. :D

He'll WS13 is not matured, of course I won't use it. WS10 is matured though. But still doesn't explain how ur gen 4 crash rates are double ours, I haven't even include those mig21, jaguars and mirage crashes. No wonder you are known as the flying coffins air force.:D

Another one? Serious? Amazing competent pilots, they train them with toddy or something?
today sir and both pilots lost their lives

The aircraft was on a flight test sortie after being upgraded by HAL.
Mirage 2000 crashes at HAL airport in
Bengaluru, both pilots dead

Mirage - 2000 is a single-engine fighter aircraft developed by Dassault and used by the Indian armed forces.

Published: 01st February 2019 11:21 AM | Last Updated: 01st February 2019 12:16 PM

https://twitter.com/ANI
By Express News Service
A Mirage-2000 aircraft crashed at HAL Airport premises on Friday morning around 10.30 AM while on a routine sortie. According to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), both pilots were ejected but later declared brought dead.

Additional commissioner east, Seemanth Kumar Singh, confirmed both deaths. The pilots have been identified as Sq. Leader Siddharth Negi and Sq. Leader Abrol.

"Today morning a Mirage 2000 trainer aircraft on an acceptance sortie after upgrade by HAL crashed at HAL airport, Bengaluru. Both occupants sustained fatal injuries. Further details are awaited. Investigation into the cause of the accident is being ordered," a statement said.
According to doctors at HAL hospital, one of the pilots was brought to the facility within 20 minutes of the accident but was brought dead. The condition of the second pilot who was critical succumbed as well.

Thick smoke enveloped the area where the crash occurred and several videos of the incident could be seen online on social media. The HAL airport is surrounded by many apartments and residences and citizens took to social media posting videos and pictures of the crash.
HAL, in a tweet, confirmed that the plane was a Mirage-2000 and that the incident happened during a routine sortie. The Mirage-2000 is a single-engine fighter aircraft developed by French company Dassault and used by the Indian Air Force. In 2012, two 2-seater trainer air-crafts had crashed in February and March of that year. The first Mirage was delivered in 1985 and the aircraft also took part in the Kargil war of 1999.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom