What's new

Rather than buying more Arjun tanks, IA to spend billions on T-72

While some of us might be living in delusioned world that Arjun did better than T90. I had first hand conversation with people in Army, I was told that actually reverse is true. All Ajay Sukhla write is fake and made up. He told me Arjun is better than T72 but not T90. Army is not allowed to counter their claims as information is confidential. He also told Arjun is costlier than T90. The view is also that it is ok to have Arjun to create local industry.

really??so evrything in the indian media was a farce???naturally t90 is cheaper look at the numbers they produce in comparison to arjuns

Last edited:
This is confusing. Why would the Arjun not be mass produced to replace aging equipment. Why go back to the T-72 and try to upgrade that when you can just retire and replace them with more Arjun tanks ?

@indianarmy i understand ur enthusiasm even i couldnt stop myself from commenting even though the last post was old...i guess no patriotic indian could think bad about the indian army...but the fact remains what is it really thats stoping them from buying these machines???

@jigs exactly my point..

i understand ur enthusiasm even i couldnt stop myself from commenting even though the last post was old...i guess no patriotic indian could think bad about the indian army...but the fact remains what is it really thats stoping them from buying these machines???

Dude , just for the fact that its made in India doesn't make it the best.

Our armed forces want the best ones and they take decisions according to their priorities and please stop showing too much patriotism..it looks so silly and childish.

@indianarmy i understand ur enthusiasm even i couldnt stop myself from commenting even though the last post was old...i guess no patriotic indian could think bad about the indian army...but the fact remains what is it really thats stoping them from buying these machines???

@jigs exactly my point..
indian army want arjun mk2 not mk1.and i guess upgrading t72 would be more fast and cost effective that buying new arjun.and may be those upgrades like night vision etc can be used again in other tanks(just a wild guess).

no matter what arjun is failed project of indian armed forces even indian army did not want project to go on becoz of it is not capable tank thats why this is fact bellieve or not

no matter what arjun is failed project of indian armed forces even indian army did not want project to go on becoz of it is not capable tank thats why this is fact bellieve or not
if arjun is failed project why would they go for arjun mk2 ?
only problem with arjun is that it is heavy so transportation and current bridge (mechanical bridges used by army) can't handle it as easy as t90's. But i guess by the time arjun mk2 gets ready situation may change.

if arjun is failed project why would they go for arjun mk2 ?
only problem with arjun is that it is heavy so transportation and current bridge (mechanical bridges used by army) can't handle it as easy as t90's. But i guess by the time arjun mk2 gets ready situation may change.
Sorry dear it is more heavy then current Mk-1 it is around 60ton adding more feature more modern equipment the weight goes higher.

The army never gave any information that suggested that the arjun was better than the T90. It was the media that supposedly leaked that the trials went in favour of arjun.

Sorry dear it is more heavy then current Mk-1 it is around 60ton adding more feature more modern equipment the weight goes higher.
I mean bigger transportation modes like c17, etc and bigger mechanical bridges may come up. I i am not wrong german tanks and many other weigh as much as arjun.

You cant give up can you?...

I mean bigger transportation modes like c17, etc and bigger mechanical bridges may come up. I i am not wrong german tanks and many other weigh as much as arjun.

C17 globemaster, how many C17 could India afford to carry 60ton tanks?:what:

i think DRDO did come up with a 60 ton capacity bridge for arjun .........

And he is ELITE:woot::lol: if a Discarded chinese tank with some fanfare at the name of upgradation painted green in colour can be called successful and desi AK,then i guess Arjun which whoopped T-90 A$$ will be called an over kill fr PA tanks:lol:
by the our failed Arjun is more in numbers comapred to ur marsian tech imbued overtly successful Al khalid :cheesy::toast_sign:
hope you will have a good nite sleep tonight:lol::disagree:

C17 globemaster, how many C17 could India afford to carry 60ton tanks?:what:

i think DRDO did come up with a 60 ton capacity bridge for arjun .........

Yes c17 is not viable on regular basis.
And if drdo made 60 ton bridge that is a welcome move.

these are excuses the fact is the arjun is too heavy it cant be used in desert areas and even indian army was unhappy with this if it is not failed why still arjun not fully inducted in the army even you army officially said the tank is not upto the mark and want to make newer version of the of the tank sir our tank is 10 year old al khalid and still best in asia and now pakistan looking to make new tank

Back
Top Bottom