What's new

Defence ministry places order for 118 Arjun Mk-1A tanks

INS_Vikrant

Reaction score
Country
India
Five Mk-1A t tanks will be delivered within 30 months, followed by 30 tanks every year. Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over a prototype of the Arjun Mk-1A tank to army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane in Chennai on February 14. The army’s existing tank fleet consists of T-90, T-72 and the Arjun Mk-1 tanks.

What…? This order was placed several months back? Are they just announcing it again To try and keep it relevant? And If the orders are being placed now, what the hell were they doing for the last two years?

Can you give me a history of previous annual productions and also previous orders with their timeline and how much were delivered in that timeframe of all variants of Arjun Tank uptil now/this?

Can you give me a history of previous annual productions and also previous orders with their timeline and how much were delivered in that timeframe of all variants of Arjun Tank uptil now/this?
They have inducted a total of 124 MK1 variants and 1 MK1A variant. This order for 118 was announced over a year ago, before that 1 MK1A was inducted, I was confused to see no deliveries till now, I guess we know why, they just announced the order again.

62394927-D3F6-4007-8461-5EE005EB1C5B.jpeg

Last edited:
They have inducted a total of 124 MK1 variants and 1 MK1A variant. This order for 118 was announced over a year ago, before that 1 MK1A was inducted, I was confused to see no deliveries till now, I guess we know why, they just announced the order again.

View attachment 779777
This is why I love "Make in India" almost 3 years for the first 5 tanks.
The guys at DRDO and HAL should be given some sort of medal for services to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom