What's new

Ramadan 'police' target Pakistan's cafe society

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes everybody should have the right...... to do what they are told to do.......

What happens to non-religious "Muslims" and other religions?

I mean just because I have a Muslim name (because I was born to a Muslim family) does not mean that I actually believe in the religion. Why would you force these people in the cafes (who are obviously not practising Muslims, because if they were they wouldnt be eating to begin with) to hold a fast?

What happens to non-religious "Muslims" and other religions?

I mean just because I have a Muslim name (because I was born to a Muslim family) does not mean that I actually believe in the religion. Why would you force these people in the cafes (who are obviously not practising Muslims, because if they were they wouldnt be eating to begin with) to hold a fast?

Buddy i dont beleive in 9/11.
That doesnt mean i can shout it on american faces..
Despite not beleiving you still have to compensate for the majority..

simply retarded, its up to an individual to choose whether he/she wants to eat or drink whenever he/she wants too but i guess Islamists are tightening their control over Pakistan.

Buddy i dont beleive in 9/11.
That doesnt mean i can shout it on american faces..
Despite not beleiving you still have to compensate for the majority..

Your argument has nothing to do with the issue.
Just so you know though, you can actually. There is no police in America that arrests people or harrases them for denying 9/11. Enough crazy Muslims have held protests in Europe and North America calling 9/11 a jewish/zionist conspiracy.

A more proper argument would be:

- Non-Muslims(actual non-Muslims as well as Muslims who are just so by name, but dont follow the religion) in Pakistan forced to fast in Ramadan

- If non-Hindus in India were forced to play Holi or celebrate Diwali

- If non-Christians in US/Uk started forcing you to take part in Christmas celebrations, or force you to hold Thanksgiving Dinners

Ramadan is strictly an Islamic celebration. People who dont believe in it (this includes not only non-Muslims, but people who were simply born to Muslim parents but dont believe in Islam), why do you have to force them to fast and beat them up in cafes? Why forcing others to follow your religious traditions?

Your argument has nothing to do with the issue.
Just so you know though, you can actually. There is no police in America that arrests people or harrases them for denying 9/11. Enough crazy Muslims have held protests in Europe and North America calling 9/11 a jewish/zionist conspiracy.

A more proper argument would be:

- Non-Muslims(actual non-Muslims as well as Muslims who are just so by name, but dont follow the religion) in Pakistan forced to fast in Ramadan

- If non-Hindus in India were forced to play Holi or celebrate Diwali

- If non-Christians in US/Uk started forcing you to take part in Christmas celebrations, or force you to hold Thanksgiving Dinners

Ramadan is strictly an Islamic celebration. People who dont believe in it (this includes not only non-Muslims, but people who were simply born to Muslim parents but dont believe in Islam), why do you have to force them to fast and beat them up in cafes? Why forcing others to follow your religious traditions?

Typical bored school boy arguments..Plenty here on PDF

The police did not force them to fast ..
The police asked them not to eat publicly..so that those who are fasting dont get agitated which they will...

You should read the thread propperly before going bananas...

The thread is running in circles due to people like you who dont bother to flip through pages and argue for the hell of it.

The law is very simple.No restaurant,cafe hotel is supposed to function during fasting time.When in Rome do what Romans do,got a problem,move to secular India.

Indians...:D

atleast no one in Pakistan killed them, like we have seen the riots and killing over beef usage in india:D

& i have seen people openly eating & enjoying lunch during Ramadan...i mean its their personal matter i also dont do fasting but try my best not to eat openly no one force me but i know tht most of the people are in fasting & i should respect them......

& indians should not be so much concerned abt Pakistan & trying to stop killing of beef users in ur own mata...:)

Would they be in the eatery induldging in brownies and lattes then?
See you said it yourself now that its not something class thing as you were previously trying to make out with your statements as elites,burger kids etc.Its more to do with all class of people vs rozadar.

The law is very simple.No restaurant,cafe hotel is supposed to function during fasting time.When in Rome do what Romans do,got a problem,move to secular India.
But here is not the question of someone visinting from alien country to pakistan.here is the question a section o pakistan's own citizenry.And You cant push your own people if they dont agree.

See you said it yourself now that its not something class thing as you were previously trying to make out with your statements as elites,burger kids etc.Its more to do with all class of people vs rozadar.

But here is not the question of someone visinting from alien country to pakistan.here is the question a section o pakistan's own citizenry.And You cant push your own people if they dont agree.

That is a very weak argument.
Sections of society don't agree with many laws, does that mean we should abolish them?
I personally Don't believe in the extremely low speed limits we have in Canada. does that mean I should not have to follow them?

No one is forcing these people to fast, no one is forcing them to do anything. The only thing society is asking them to do is not eat in public during a holy month. For some Indians this seems like tyranny, yet they are okay with killing humans for eating beef.

I have an question for my brothers ,
Jinnah was Liberal or not ???

Their Country Their Rules, if its written in their Law Book then no one has right to call it except Pakistanis themselves.

But main thing is how was cafe or restuarant open when such laws exists?? If it was open for non-muslims then Police or any rozadaar muslim must refrain from entering such places.

As far as these police action is concerned its not right way to treat or handle such situations.They should have issued notices & warning to all cafe owners right before ramadan month & educate them about exitsence of such laws & if anyone breaks the law they must be jailed or fined according to judical system.

Indians...:D

atleast no one in Pakistan killed them, like we have seen the riots and killing over beef usage in india:D

& i have seen people openly eating & enjoying lunch during Ramadan...i mean its their personal matter i also dont do fasting but try my best not to eat openly no one force me but i know tht most of the people are in fasting & i should respect them......

& indians should not be so much concerned abt Pakistan & trying to stop killing of beef users in ur own mata...:)

Dude dont compare beef festival in hindu country with eating usual stuff in Ramadan in muslim country. If you want a comparable example beef festival in hindu country can be compared with Pork festival celebrated by Minority in your country.

Here we are talking about prohibition of drinks/food in public while majority is on religious fasting.
When hindus are on fast they are not effected nor tempted by lust or urge of food or drinks they are quiet tolerant to people around them and even dont mind giving a non-faster a company to lunch or dinner.

From your statement it seems apparent you have never been to Pakistan nor experienced Pakistani society. Maybe you should go for once and absorb the sentiments of the people.

That is a very weak argument.
Sections of society don't agree with many laws, does that mean we should abolish them?
I personally Don't believe in the extremely low speed limits we have in Canada. does that mean I should not have to follow them?

No one is forcing these people to fast, no one is forcing them to do anything. The only thing society is asking them to do is not eat in public during a holy month. For some Indians this seems like tyranny, yet they are okay with killing humans for eating beef.
i dont think its week argument.But the speed limit argument you are trying to fix here is sure week.better argument is the beef one where some of the BJP ruled states have passed the cow protection act thats sure infringes on other religions.

From your statement it seems apparent you have never been to Pakistan nor experienced Pakistani society. Maybe you should go for once and absorb the sentiments of the people.
i've been there but not during ramdan.But i dont think anything changes in society in festival season except for the jubilant mood that takes the root in society due to festivities.As for experiencing the sentiments of it i can write a whole book on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom