What's new

Ramadan 'police' target Pakistan's cafe society

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ how much time you have actually spent in pakistan mingling with people?
You sound unaware of Pakistani society at large.
From your high chair abroad it does look stupid.

I do not hate Pakistan or Islam. I am always defending Pakistan on this forum, the one time I call Pakistan out on something that is really nothing more than a dumb unenforceable law people like you take up arms to try and justify stupidity. If you knew who my family is in Pakistan you wouldn't call me a hater of Islam. My ancestors have probably done more for Islam in the subcontinent than most others. This law is nothing more than the left over remaining of the Zia ul Haq era which most Pakistanis would agree was a dark time for Pakistan.

Zia was a pious and worthy man. He knew how to keep balance between the liberal and conservative extremists. If Zia was alive today, these wannabe jihadis in Pakistan would be pissing their pants. When Zia died, the entire world cried because he was such a capable man. He was also a distant relative of mine. The law he made was out of wisdom. As a muslim that isn't fasting in Pakistan, you are not to indulge in public in front others. I see nothing wrong in this.

and lol @ 'dark era'..
18 hours of loadshedding is real dark era..

It has to do with cultural and religious sensitivities. It would be wise for you to study the Lal Masjid incident and why it happened. This law is necessary for our nation and Zia was wiser than many to this day.

Do you eat pork as well?

Raz I know about the Lal Masjid incident. The militants inside of the mosque were cronies who follow Zia's idea of Islam. Zia was not wise he was an idiot an example of which was when he butchered the Palestinians. Not to mention his amendments to the blasphemy law that is used in Pakistan to settle grudges.

I find this thread confusing...I'm unable to make out if people are outright supporting ban on eating in public during Ramdan. or they are against the ban.reason is that people giving mixed arguments just lik fence sitters waiting to jump on the side whichever becomes majority.

and lol @ 'dark era'..
18 hours of loadshedding is real dark era..

The lack of lights is not the only problem in Pakistan today. There is nothing wrong with admitting when something is wrong there is no way to change Pakistan if you are not willing to admit to all of its problems.

Zia was a pious and worthy man. He knew how to keep balance between the liberal and conservative extremists. If Zia was alive today, these wannabe jihadis in Pakistan would be pissing their pants. When Zia died, the entire world cried because he was such a capable man. He was also a distant relative of mine. The law he made was out of wisdom. As a muslim that isn't fasting in Pakistan, you are not to indulge in public in front others. I see nothing wrong in this.

The article is talking about people eating inside restaurants and cafes. A fasting Muslim should probably not be walking into these type of places to begin with.

Yaar don't exaggerate just because he was a distant relative of yours. :D

So just because it's an islamic event, people who are non muslims, Hindus, christians, athiests cannot go and eat in a restaurant. isn't that stupid.

:rofl: :rofl:

I find this thread confusing...I'm unable to make out if people are outright supporting ban on eating in public during Ramdan. or they are against the ban.reason is that people giving mixed arguments just lik fence sitters waiting to jump on the side whichever becomes majority.

At first I thought this thread was amusing because of new ideas like liberal tamashbeen. :lol: Those videos were funny too. :smokin:

The lack of lights is not the only problem in Pakistan today. There is nothing wrong with admitting when something is wrong there is no way to change Pakistan if you are not willing to admit to all of its problems.

The article is talking about people eating inside restaurants and cafes. A fasting Muslim should probably not be walking into these type of places to begin with.

So where does it stop? Should we stop azaan and praying five times a day because it is time consuming, and still call ourselves muslims?

My brother, we are an Islamic republic not a democracy.

As a Muslim - I do not mind people eating around me - I have friends of all religions and creeds - some of them become concerned as to the effect eating and drinking would have upon me. I always put them at ease, and tell them to eat their food, part of the spiritual part of Ramadan is controlling our base instincts.

This law should be repelled - and practicing Muslims will like they always do, bring their patience - nascent spirituality and ignore the food being consumed around them. :)

So just because it's an islamic event, people who are non muslims, Hindus, christians, athiests cannot go and eat in a restaurant. isn't that stupid.

No it is about Muslims who are not fasting. That being said they want to arrest every Muslim who is eating during Ramadan regardless of the reason as to why they aren't fasting in the first place.

My cousin owns a construction company here in the states. He is usually working on homes and such in the sun so he does not fast. Basically if he was in Pakistan and went to grab a bite during his break he would be arrested.

Pizza Hut in Pakistan ditches all-you-can-eat Ramadan offer to curb 'unrestrained gluttony'
Pizza Hut has withdrawn its all-you-can eat Ramadan offer in Pakistan prompting howls of fury from thousands of hungry Muslim families used to breaking their fast with plate after plate of deep pan or thin crust.

pakistan-Pizza-Hut_2302330b.jpg

Instead the chain said it wants to reduce "gluttony" by limiting customers to a single regular pizza in its Ramadan Fiesta offer.
In previous years Pizza Hut restaurants would be packed for the evening meal of Iftar, as diners starving from a day of fasting would fill their bellies with pizza after pizza for as little as £7 – a figure industry analysts said was unsustainable.
Furious fast food fans have taken to social media to complain at the new, cheaper deal, which is still advertised as an "all-you-can" offer.
"Pathetic and a misleading deal. It's only one regular pizza with bottomless Pepsi, not all you can eat," said one post on Pizza Hut Pakistan's Facebook page.
Imran Khan, a student and regular customer at a branch in Karachi, said: "The place was always packed in the evening. For a lot of people it had become a Ramadan tradition so this change is very sad."

Marya Khan, of Pizza Hut Pakistan, said the offer was more in keeping with the spirit of the holy month of Ramadan.
"The former all-you-can-eat format served as an unrestrained invitation to gluttony and waste, colliding with the very spirit of Ramadan," she said.
"For those who do not consider Iftar deal as a means of just gorging after sunset, then the new Ramadan Fiesta offered by Pizza Hut is a well-balanced and valuable deal to enjoy finest pizza at a value price."
Pizza Hut in Pakistan was one of many fast food restaurants to have benefited from a move away from the traditional Iftar meal of spiced fruit salad, chickpeas and dates.
As an alternative, many people are turning to Chinese buffets or burger joints although pakoras – vegetable or chicken fritters - remain the most popular way to break the Ramadan fast, according to a recent survey by Gallup Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom