What's new

Racism aganist Iranians in more Hollywood movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollywood is becoming another political propaganda tool for the US government.
They gave the 'best picture' to Argo, a CIA/military film where Iranians are made to be the evil people and CIA the good guys.With michelle obama presenting the best picture.
An anti-Iran film being presented from the White House with military people standing in the background?
In fact Avatar didn't win the 'best picture' a few years ago because it had a plot where it portrayed the US military as the bad guys bombing the innocent blue navi people. Even though Avatar was incredibly successful in the box-office. Instead a lame film called Hurt Locker a pro-US military film won the 'best picture'.

Django Unchained was a good film but it also caused an uproar.Maybe because of the over usage of the N word or maybe because it potrays some white people as sociopathic, unrelatable monsters.:chilli:

Hollywood is becoming another political propaganda tool for the US government.
They gave the 'best picture' to Argo, a CIA/military film where Iranians are made to be the evil people and CIA the good guys.With michelle obama presenting the best picture.
An anti-Iran film being presented from the White House with military people standing in the background?
In fact Avatar didn't win the 'best picture' a few years ago because it had a plot where it portrayed the US military as the bad guys bombing the innocent blue navi people. Even though Avatar was incredibly successful in the box-office. Instead a lame film called Hurt Locker a pro-US military film won the 'best picture'.
What a load of rubbish. Bar Django I don't think any of the other films were very good.
Avatar didn't win because it was pants. Hurt locker is very good.
Get a grip.

Well this is reality that US does dehumanize its enemies.

The day the Iranian govt becomes very pro US, this would stop immediately. Just like in the days of the Shah when Iranian culture was referred to as the great persian culture.

What a load of rubbish. Bar Django I don't think any of the other films were very good.
Avatar didn't win because it was pants. Hurt locker is very good.
Get a grip.

It's your opinion against mines, No reason to get worked up,We are all here to express our opinions.

The day the Iranian govt becomes very pro US, this would stop immediately. Just like in the days of the Shah when Iranian culture was referred to as the great persian culture.

The pakistani government is Pro-American but hollywood is still making offensive films like 0dark30,from paris with love,G.i joe 2.

Iran is not highly thought of by its neighbours either. Im my opinion they dehumanize Iranians more - remember Saddam.

Iran is not highly thought of by its neighbours either. Im my opinion they dehumanize Iranians more - remember Saddam.

The same could be said about Turkey, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, china, Japan , etc....

Iran has lots of soft power within its neighbors specially Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bahrain, and the Shia groups in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Lebanon.

in central Asia: Tajikistan, Uzbekistan (specially the Iranians in Uzbekistan).

and our influence is growing in South America, have cultural, educational, economical ties.

I heard from a family friend that the number of South American students in Tehran university is growing each semester, and we all know who ever comes to Iran, almost instantly becomes pro-Iranian. Small step but nonetheless important.

Kinda off-topic, but I heard that the masses in Iran took offense even to the historical depiction in "Argo" as being blatantly inaccurate? Is that true? Maybe this entails a trend where Iran and Iranians will be the new focus in American pop. culture. :smart:

Oh, and good luck with your elections. Hopefully we don't see another situation like 09.

RIP Neda Agha-Soltan.

This is a curious thread - If US media and Hollywood in particular go o extraordinary means to paint Iran and Iranians in a negative light, surely this is a problem for Americans first and foremost -- and we see Iranian members taking offense, it's peculiar

dnt take hollywood movies serius...irani brothers...i think americans have some typ of complex they show himself as a super heroes which can fight with nazis and with aliens alone ......and in their movies they show their enemy country as a evil like at time of cold war soviets were evil abut nazis chinese north koreans pakistan and now iran.....but they main thing is they dnt have balls to make movie against jews....i think in front of jews their super heroes become zero...:omghaha:

There is an outdoor restaurant nearby which only serves the food of countries hostile to the US, and they change what country it is about once every 3 or 4 months. Interestingly, they contacted some people in Iran to get their opinion of politics and one of the employees acts as if they were that person in Iran.

Weird but interesting restaurant......the food itself....meh...it's mediocre.

hollywood makes a lot if funny movies which has to no relation in real life Persian Empire was not this evil and bad
it is typical to make this kind of movies

Meh. 300 is the cinematic equivalent of pulp fiction. Iranians should be more offended by movies like Argo that claim to be based on reality.

I recall that Iran planned on filming a rebuttal to Argo. Did that materialize or fizzle out?

No rebuttals, no taking offense - Whenever any particular group decides to paint itself in a corner, as Hollywood has with regard to it's portrayal of Iranians, there is little anyone can do about it - Hollywood is not real, in the real world what matters is Education, Achievement and accumulation of wealth -- Iranian diaspora communities are among the best educated, whether in the UK or in the US - focus on these, let the haters bark away, there are good and decent people everywhere, don't forget them in your focus on Hollywood -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom