What's new

Racism aganist Iranians in more Hollywood movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do know that 300 is derived out of a comic book right? It has many real-world historical inaccuracies for starters. Sparta was not a democracy, but a dictatorship. The Athenian Society was a democracy (the world's first in fact), which was destroyed by the former.

I think both Spartans and Immortals are cool. Come on, it's fun being a bad guy :D I bet the Russians miss those days :smitten: They make the best and the most awesomest youtube vids out there too!

Movies aren't real. Don't take them too seriously. Iran was there long before the US was even alive. And saying Jew this Jew that really don't help but perhaps make their cause stronger.

Interesting, now I remember that they placed the Iranian flag upside-down in the Transformers 3 movie.

If 300 is based on a comic book, and it isn't historical inaccurate, how come all evil is deriving from Persians in it, and not Greeks?

If 300 is based on a comic book, and it isn't historical inaccurate, how come all evil is deriving from Persians in it, and not Greeks?

That's because you are the bad guys in dat comic :devil:

Comic books and movies are close cousins to one another.

That's because you are the bad guys in dat comic :devil:

Yes, and we the bad guys are evil, slave-keepers, dark (as in Africans), monsters, gay, you name it. It is cheap propaganda. Nothing more nothing less.

Yes, and we the bad guys are evil, slave-keepers, dark (as in Africans), monsters, gay, you name it. It is cheap propaganda. Nothing more nothing less.

Not to mention that they portray Xerxes as gay (which is really cheap in my opinion).

you have anything against gay people? :pissed:

No, I do not have anything against gay people.

It is only regarding how Xerxes is portrayed as a character in that movie. And no, he wasn't gay.

I saw one of the Ironman movie and the main terrorist leader was Pakistani and was speaking Hindi/Urdu but can't remember the place exactly where the caves were, perhaps Pakistan or AFG.

Pakistan coming is US movies is no surprise.

He spoke urdu not hindi... and they showed afghanistan..

P.S= The actor who played the leader is a Pakistani..

To be honest, in the times I watched that movie, I had no idea about who Persians were. I had never heard of Persian ethnicity. I had only heard about Persian cats. All the good things I know about Iran came from documentaries that were made by Discovery, BBC etc. Yet you blame western media for everything.

To be honest, in the times I watched that movie, I had no idea about who Persians were. I've never heard of Persian ethnicity. I've heard only about Persian cats. All the good things I know about Iran came from documentaries that were made by Discovery, BBC etc. Yet you blame western media for everything.

iranian movies are awsome.. :cheers:

Because the Greeks were the underdogs and not the massive Persian empire. It is a better story that way. In Lawrence of Arabia or Amistad, the whites were the villians. Underdogs inspire people and it is a successful movie formula. Don't read into it too much.

I fully sympathize in favor of Russians now I understand how their peaceful gestures were portrayed wrongly by USA media for last 50 years and these lies were allowed to be spread due to our love with BBC and later with CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom