What's new

Racism aganist Iranians in more Hollywood movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iranigirl2 it is nothing personal Hollywood is just trying to make a lot of money and controversy sells so they play off real geopolitics. I just finished watching Ironman 3 and there was a scene they just fly into Pakistan twice looking for a terrorist lol. So see you ain't the only ones. :lol:

Perhaps, but some movies are unacceptable for the Iranians like A day without my daughter, ironically the movie was shot in Israel, as well as Argo and 300.

Benn Affleck about Perians who speak 'Farsi' and 'Aren't Arabs'! - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Director:Noam Murro Born:August 16, 1961 in Jerusalem, Israel (Jewish)

Distributed by:Warner Brothers Pictures ( all important people in WB are Jewish)

Barry M. Meyer Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. a division of Time Warner 9 (Jewish)
Alan F. Horn President and COO, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.(Jewish)
Jeff Robinov President of Production of Warner Brothers Pictures, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (Jewish)
Polly Cohen President of Warner Independent Pictures, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (Jewish)
Martin Shafer Chairman and CEO of Castle Rock Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (Jewish)
Bruce Rosenblum President of Warner Brothers Television Group, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.(Jewish)
Peter Roth President of Warner Brothers Television Production a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.(Jewish)

that's why I love Hollywood

Thanks for the List Iranigirl

Perhaps, but some movies are unacceptable for the Iranians like A day without my daughter, ironically the movie was shot in Israel, as well as Argo and 300.

Benn Affleck about Perians who speak 'Farsi' and 'Aren't Arabs'! - YouTube

First it was the Russians due to Soviet animosity now it is Iranians due to the nuke conflict and Pakistan is always invaded in the recent action movies as well. I would say Pakistan is made more of a joke out of then Iran nowadays in fact I do not even need to point it out as my white and hispanic friends even notice it and jab me over it lol.

Actually the people who got it worst are blacks, they have been here since the beginning of the America and they are always portrayed as thugs or criminals. :disagree:

First it was the Russians due to Soviet animosity now it is Iranians due to the nuke conflict and Pakistan is always invaded in the recent action movies as well. I would say Pakistan is made more of a joke out of then Iran nowadays in fact I do not even need to point it out as my white and hispanic friends even notice it and jab me over it lol.

Actually the people who got it worst are blacks, they have been here since the beginning of the America and they are always portrayed as thugs or criminals. :disagree:

Well, We can't be sure wether such racism is being fueled by religious thoughts or discrimination, or for fun.

Yes, the black people have been suffering from discrimination for centuries.

Well, We can't be sure wether such racism is being fueled by religious thoughts or discrimination, or for fun.

Yes, the black people have been suffering from discrimination for centuries.

Yes they are demonized to the point that it has become second nature. Like where I work if a black walks in I will have somebody watch him like I don't even realize I be profiling them just for their color. Hollywood influence. :disagree:

You must be the First person on Internet to give Advice Freely and to everyone . Get over yourself . Will help you in Long term . And where did you see Islamophobia ???

Sigh! I am not gonna argue with you any further,I don't have the stamina for a internet war. You can contribute to this forum as long as you keep your negative views to yourself.

Sigh! I am not gonna argue with you any further,I don't have the stamina for a internet war. You can contribute to this forum as long as you keep your negative views to yourself.

You are not a Mod , Nor a Admin . Reduce air in your balloon of Self Importance .

@iranigirl2 Listen, only the ignorant will form their opinion about Persian culture and history, pre or post Islamic, by watching movies like this.

I'll tell you, personally..I'm not going to stop reading Muhammad Balkhi/Rummi because of some dimwitted movie.

The perception of Iran and its people depends on many things. Do you seriously think the Americans will think better of you either way..and globally 300 is the kind of movie where people will just want to watch the gore and the blood..personally I was rooting for the fake Leonides to get his head whacked in the first 20 mins of the movie. Its like a rage and steroid driven masterpiece of idiocy.

Again, personally I formed a very negative opinion of Iran primarily due to many posters here who kept posting inflammatory and grandiose posts despite the fact that as a nation..we have always engaged Iran respectfully and warmly and are still very close in terms of bilateral relations..I would like for that to grow between our countries. But when I separate any thought of geopolitics and look at some of the posters here then I just feel stunned. I expressed as much in some other thread and got attacked by certain posters.

The final word is that Iran's culture and history cannot be over-written..there is a limit to which propaganda can change perceptions.. specially in the minds of the discerning and the educated..A LOT of people watched 300 in India..MANY enjoyed it and NONE came our of the theater with a negative perception towards Iran/Persia because they understood that this was a typical Hollywood violence vehicle aimed at dumbing down everything.

You guys should have a Persian poetry festival in the west. If that doesn't bring them about then forget it..they are a lost cause. Never met a person who didn't like Rumi after he/she was introduced to it. :)

Applying that logic, hollywood showing racism toward England too. Remember " Braveheart ".

I second @Dillinger ..
I thought iranian are civlized people and arabs are barbaric... but on pdf... its exactly opposite..

Yes they are demonized to the point that it has become second nature. Like where I work if a black walks in I will have somebody watch him like I don't even realize I be profiling them just for their color. Hollywood influence. :disagree:

Profiling, stereotype driven prick! :angry:

Wazza brother. Where have you been..I wan telling ZY how you'd gone MIA.

not hollywood influence, desi people are suspicious of black people and think they are violent. blacks on other hand think desi are easy target.. :yahoo:

Profiling, stereotype driven prick! :angry:

Wazza brother. Where have you been..I wan telling ZY how you'd gone MIA.

Yeah I saw, I been chilling with the Arabs and Iranians in syria thread just awol from nawar. :)

not hollywood influence, desi people are suspicious of black people and think they are violent. blacks on other hand think desi are easy target.. :yahoo:

Hollywood influence hinduguy see you think blacks are up to no good. :rofl:

@Dillinger see? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom