What's new

Qatar: Talks with Pakistan over Mirage 2000-5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
India is yet to get raffle even after wasting 12 years long procurement process and here you as we worrying about IAF having Pakfa. Come on yaar. Be realistic in your approach.

None of these planes will be in IAF atleast till 8 to 10 years.

Most of the planes will be there Like PAK FA Rafales F-35 and what will have nothing We will face heavy damage now we will face heavy damage in future

Anyone else thinking this is the post-Mirage ROSE Ra'ad solution? @Bratva @JamD

Sir if PAF is thinking about Ra'ad option then why don't we go for Mirage 2000-9 ?? UAE have 60 of them and that too are upgraded versions

As UAE want's to Replace these in a year or 2 and wants to buy 60 more planes worth $15 Billion

Sir if PAF is thinking about Ra'ad option then why don't we go for Mirage 2000-9 ?? UAE have 60 of them and that too are upgraded versions
Assuming this rumour is correct, then the PAF talking to Qatar doesn't mean UAE is out of the mix. The PAF could potentially be talking to both (as well as France) and be on the look out for a decent number of M2K-5/9s. It'd be an excellent strike platform.

Mirage 2000-5 will bring a quintessential Ra'ad ALCM capable compatible platform in PAF's inventory until it can be integrated to work with JF-17 or the acquisition of the next gen aircraft. It is a fair decision as Pakistan has good facilities for overhauling and rebuilding mirages so I think it makes sense and we should try to get more from around the world.

.since India is getting pakfa all our birds will be a target practice for pakfa I mean lion vs deer competition Instead of wasting money on second hand old generation planes like jf17 aka Soviet rejected mig33 mirage 2000 invest on economy strong economy means more money more budget means expensive toys like pakfa j20
F-16's are the backbone of PAF not JF-17,They will not be pitted against pakfa, JF-17 are there to replace our aging aircrafts and they will be useful to Pakistan's economy. J-20 is too large for PAF, J-31 is medium sized and perfect for PAF's needs but we can't get it until 2020.

mig-33 a.k.a jf-17?? Sounds like the russians betrayed indians over us :lol:

Mirage 2000-5 will bring a quintessential Ra'ad ALCM capable compatible platform in PAF's inventory until it can be integrated to work with JF-17 or the acquisition of the next gen aircraft. It is a fair decision as Pakistan has good facilities for overhauling and rebuilding mirages so I think it makes sense and we should try to get more from around the world.
I'm not sure how much of MRF can readily be transferred onto the M2K/-5 - we are talking about a different airframe, different internals, and different engine, after all. That said, yes, the M2K/-5 would make for an excellent strike aircraft, one that we could utilize for conventional and strategic purposes.

Mirage 2000 would be like and Block C/D type plane if not more advanced
Would be nice to practice against it as an agressor plane

If they would sell them

PAK-FA, well it's not gonna be coming around anytime soon. In fact, I have doubt that it would ever reach commercial production. Chinese still working with J-20 shows that it's not easy to take a fifth gen to factory. We will have to do with JFTs. If all PAF is to find Mirage 2Ks, better buy some F-16s which are more versatile. Mirages are not what PAF should be looking for.
China already launch J-20 LRIP and next 2-3months will join PLAAF service. We Chinese are far faster and better. Don't compare us to you snail.

Mirage 2000 would be like and Block C/D type plane if not more advanced
Would be nice to practice against it as an agressor plane
Mirage 2000-5 was made in response to F-16 C so it is better or at least equal in performance

I don't understand the PAF mindset it like 1 step forward 10 steps back.

JF 17 Programme launched to replace aging fleet of F 7 and mirages

Than what is the use of wasting money on similar type of jets like mirages when JF 17 Can do the similar either accept JF 17 is not good enough

People here use to justify PAF dont want to have 3 different type of jets because of logistics etc wastages

Sometime PAF want F 16 Than J 10 and now Mirages

Instead of buying a jet which has half the life left it is better to buy 1 SU 35 out of 2 MIRAGES

if Qatar is not happy with these jet performances and they not have threat either still they want to discard them tell me how in world we have threat from east to west yet we buy old rust

Nut people are running PAF

There is a war on the horizon which you might not see yet until it is too late
We need as many aerial platforms as we can to fight it out and deliver nukes if necessary, and that is what is going on.

Forget J-31, PAK FA whatever.......no ones gonna wait that long

The world and i say again the world might not have more than 2 years. forget 20 years...

And yeah now I'm the conspiracy theorist and dreamer and all but wait and see people ;)

I think its not a bad idea to have few sqd based on Mirage 2000-5/9,they are still quite potent.

I'm not sure how much of MRF can readily be transferred onto the M2K/-5 - we are talking about a different airframe, different internals, and different engine, after all. That said, yes, the M2K/-5 would make for an excellent strike aircraft, one that we could utilize for conventional and strategic purposes.
Well, depends upon the numbers but I guess MRF can easily be upgraded/modified to do the job since main configuration of A/C is the same and has the same DNA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom