What's new

Qatar: Talks with Pakistan over Mirage 2000-5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Thats a red flag. You need to go back in time. Thats the time Zardari was chummy with French and he got a good commission out of Agosta deal. I remember news swirling around that the deal was canceled due to commission/kickback scandal of the ruling couple.

Hi,

Look a little deeper and beyond the commissions---. What did we get---the most advanced submarine of its time in the whole region---.

So---you young people need to change some perception about weapons purchase.

What the logic of reading same 1,5 year old news without inducting single mirage .

What the logic of reading same 1,5 year old news without inducting single mirage .

Bhai Ji, this is a defence forum. Talking about inducting equipment that we're never going to actually induct is the bread and butter of this type of forum. Visit any Indian forum of the same nature and you will see topics about them inducting the LCA, F-16, Mirage 2000-9, Rafale, F-16, F-18, Eurofighter, Gripen, MCA, HCA, Mig-29SMT, MKFA, F-35 and maybe more.

This thread from July-2016 has been reignited two days ago.

I am now waiting to see when the thread "PAF in talks with UAE for F-16 Block60" will restart (its about time) :enjoy:

by the 90s price this was a day light robbery.cos as compared to f16 mirages were 70% of capablity and twice the price
Well the M2k-5 were / are more capable than the F16Blk15, in most respects.

Well, here is my breakdown of the $100m/ ac:

$40m aircraft
$30m Kickbacks
$15m Spares (including spare engines)
$18m Ammo
$2m Technical training

This is an educated guess, but nonetheless still guess work.

Hi,

Look a little deeper and beyond the commissions---. What did we get---the most advanced submarine of its time in the whole region---.

So---you young people need to change some perception about weapons purchase.
Absolutely!

If, to get cutting edge tech, you have to incur kick back costs. OR R&D costs, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom